Madam Becky

Madam Becky's memiors....

70 posts in this topic

By popular demand on another thread and in general life, I am re thinking writing about my 20 years in the business.

A few years ago I wrote a small kinda silly book with the help of another, about why chaps used working girls in the first place, and what wives could do to compete. All very daft but imformative with sections covering...

Top 10 client requests, Most popular types of girls etc.

Anyway, this found a publisher almost straight away. (Major publishing house). They requested a biog to publish first. My book agent (very famous) found me a ghost writer. She fucked it up. (my opinion) Publisher loved it. Tried to give me money. I hated it, had a hissy fit, said 'no way', and that was the end of that.

The publishers seemed to want some hideous misery memoir, of abuse, drugs, children in care...blah, blah..... According to that book, my dad was a womanizing drunk that beat us kids and my mum within an inch of our lives?

My dad wore a bow-ties and big hats, was a set designer for Queen and Led Zep had 2 Aston Martin DB6's and a scaletric track that ran right round his office at waist height. His secretary had to crawl on her hands and knees under it to get to the loo. My dad was and still is, one of the funniest, most gentle people I know.

You see my point.

My parents spent a fortune on my private convent education from when I was 4, which I happily wasted. I have only been beaten by my dad once, at go-cart building, as the wheels fell off my ' Bobby Dazzler' in the first race.

My years in the business has been a time of empowerment for the brave, hard working ladies I've met, laughing, dressing up, clients I love, clients we hate! Hilarious goings on you couldn't make up if you tried, and a lot of personal growth.

A really wonderful time.

Now I have officially left the industry, it makes it easier for publishers, after dinner speaking agencies and the TV to deal with me and not feel they are compromising the law, ethics etc. Maybe its time to try again?

So, I've been offered help by a nice gent on Punternet. Thank you I have PM'd you.

Any thoughts? Blogs? Publishing on the Internet? The old fashioned way? I have all the original material still, so I'm not starting from scratch.

Ideas please chaps!

Also, I have had 2 stokes in the last 18 months, so my memory is shit! I'm sure lots of you remember mad goings on at Madam Becky's and can prompt me! I am seeing a lot of Belinda now, so she can do some remembering for me as well!

I'd better start toning up my laughing muscles!

MBX

I think its a fantastic idea - I'll certainly buy a copy. We corresponded by email a few times, although never met face to face, but I cud recall a few encounters with Lara and the massage table - although the censor might not like it!!

This sounds like the sort of book which when you pick up you just can't put down - in case the wrong person picks it up.

Please, please do it! Just what we all need to counter all the stupid articles. Publish on the net and as a book. I'll do any photography you need.

By popular demand on another thread and in general life, I am re thinking writing about my 20 years in the business.

A few years ago I wrote a small kinda silly book with the help of another, about why chaps used working girls in the first place, and what wives could do to compete. All very daft but imformative with sections covering...

Top 10 client requests, Most popular types of girls etc.

Anyway, this found a publisher almost straight away. (Major publishing house). They requested a biog to publish first. My book agent (very famous) found me a ghost writer. She fucked it up. (my opinion) Publisher loved it. Tried to give me money. I hated it, had a hissy fit, said 'no way', and that was the end of that.

The publishers seemed to want some hideous misery memoir, of abuse, drugs, children in care...blah, blah..... According to that book, my dad was a womanizing drunk that beat us kids and my mum within an inch of our lives?

My dad wore a bow-ties and big hats, was a set designer for Queen and Led Zep had 2 Aston Martin DB6's and a scaletric track that ran right round his office at waist height. His secretary had to crawl on her hands and knees under it to get to the loo. My dad was and still is, one of the funniest, most gentle people I know.

You see my point.

My parents spent a fortune on my private convent education from when I was 4, which I happily wasted. I have only been beaten by my dad once, at go-cart building, as the wheels fell off my ' Bobby Dazzler' in the first race.

My years in the business has been a time of empowerment for the brave, hard working ladies I've met, laughing, dressing up, clients I love, clients we hate! Hilarious goings on you couldn't make up if you tried, and a lot of personal growth.

A really wonderful time.

Now I have officially left the industry, it makes it easier for publishers, after dinner speaking agencies and the TV to deal with me and not feel they are compromising the law, ethics etc. Maybe its time to try again?

So, I've been offered help by a nice gent on Punternet. Thank you I have PM'd you.

Any thoughts? Blogs? Publishing on the Internet? The old fashioned way? I have all the original material still, so I'm not starting from scratch.

Ideas please chaps!

Also, I have had 2 stokes in the last 18 months, so my memory is shit! I'm sure lots of you remember mad goings on at Madam Becky's and can prompt me! I am seeing a lot of Belinda now, so she can do some remembering for me as well!

I'd better start toning up my laughing muscles!

MBX

As long as it doesn't adversly affect "Madam Beckys" now owned and run by Crystal I understand, then go for it.

I do however have my reservations about the situation, as I see it you sold the business to Crystal and now you seem to have regretted doing so ( just by the vibes picked up from the other thread), yet still wish to make a financial gain under the banner of "Madam Beckys". Of course I'm not privvy to the business arrangement re the "sale" of "MB's" but if I were Crystal I would be just a tad narked to say the least that you are here "drumming up business" almost like you still run the place. I also have to question whether your Nic is still appropriate, and at the very least have some mention on your Sig that you are no longer connected with business known as "Madam Beckys", if this is indeed the case.

Do it !

Possibly get some PR advice (as if You would need that) to make sure the business is presented in good, humorous, non-trafficking light.

As long as it doesn't adversly affect "Madam Beckys" now owned and run by Crystal I understand, then go for it.

I do however have my reservations about the situation, as I see it you sold the business to Crystal and now you seem to have regretted doing so ( just by the vibes picked up from the other thread), yet still wish to make a financial gain under the banner of "Madam Beckys". Of course I'm not privvy to the business arrangement re the "sale" of "MB's" but if I were Crystal I would be just a tad narked to say the least that you are here "drumming up business" almost like you still run the place. I also have to question whether your Nic is still appropriate, and at the very least have some mention on your Sig that you are no longer connected with business known as "Madam Beckys", if this is indeed the case.

If I was Crystal I should be delighted that someone was on here drumming up business if that was so. I can't see how chatting to a few mates about the good old days constitutes 'drumming up'.

I think you'll find I can call myself what I like, and as you point out you are not privvy to any of my business arrangements.

MBX

If I was Crystal I should be delighted that someone was on here drumming up business if that was so. I can't see how chatting to a few mates about the good old days constitutes 'drumming up'.

I think you'll find I can call myself what I like, and as you point out you are not privvy to any of my business arrangements.

MBX

But you aren't Crystal, so I will hold fire until and if she cares to post a reply to my comments.

I must say I'm not entirely surpised by your curt post.

But you aren't Crystal, so I will hold fire until and if she cares to post a reply to my comments.

I must say I'm not entirely surpised by your curt post.

I'm talking to her now. She thinks its a smashing idea.

MBX

What happens between Crystal and Becky concerns them alone.

Nobody else's business.

I'm talking to her now. She thinks its a smashing idea.

MBX

What exactly does "it's" mean?

MBX

What happens between Crystal and Becky concerns them alone.

Nobody else's business.

That's very debatable, but the fact of the matter is that this thread was born out of the other thread which contains many Crytal/Becky references, so as far as I'm concerned it's open to discussion and opinions.

What exactly does "it's" mean?

Whatever you want it to for an extra £50.

Ah, eh, in that case, I always had this idea....

See above

Hardly "Best Seller" material IMO. :o

That's very debatable, but the fact of the matter is that this thread was born out of the other thread which contains many Crytal/Becky references, so as far as I'm concerned it's open to discussion and opinions.

I can't speak for Crystal as she's wandered off now, but I'm delighted you're so concerned about me. From the chat I just had with Crystal, she seems to be delighted about Madam Becky's in general, and the thought of me writing a book. She didn't mention you though.

I can't speak for Crystal as she's wandered off now, but I'm delighted you're so concerned about me. From the chat I just had with Crystal, she seems to be delighted about Madam Becky's in general, and the thought of me writing a book. She didn't mention you though.

It appears that you have completely misunderstood my post, so just to clarify, I am not in the slightest concerned about you.

Except that the two of them are apparently in regular contact and you are the one who knows nothing and is 'seemingly' try to stir it.

Completely agree there shouldn't be negative impact by one person towards another but the situation here appears to be that you are just publicly intefering.

Crystal can no doubt look after herself and as the two people concerned have spoken to each other specifically about this - time to butt out tarquin?

Except that the two of them are apparently in regular contact and you are the one who knows nothing and is 'seemingly' try to stir it.

Completely agree there shouldn't be negative impact by one person towards another but the situation here appears to be that you are just publicly intefering.

Crystal can no doubt look after herself and as the two people concerned have spoken to each other specifically about this - time to butt out tarquin?

Sorry and all that, but why should I?

I believe my comments are very appropriate and worthy an airing.

I don't accept the notion that it's ok to sell a business ( in this case mainly the name), and then attempt to live "off the back" of it after doing so.

"That's a really good idea Badger! A book of all the memories it would be a very interesting read, You have done alot in such a small amount of time, sex shops, Been on the TV, had your naughty limo business! it would be a great book."

Doesn't sound lke Crystal is too upset about the idea of a book...

Sorry and all that, but why should I?

I believe my comments are very appropriate and worthy an airing.

I don't accept the notion that it's ok to sell a business ( in this case mainly the name), and then attempt to live "off the back" of it after doing so.

I agree you are entitled to air your opinions same as everybody is, however I disagree with them.

Firstly Madam Becky is not "living of the back of a sold business". Her past business adventures and memorys are hers to deal with as she wishes. There may or may not be enough material to provide an entertaining read, and some care should be taken to not compromise past people involved against their wishes. By this I mean she shouldn't out anyone, even famous footballers etc. However I am sure the truth can be bent enough to prevent this occuring.

Secondly I cannot see why Crystal would object to the publicity anyway. Even if she does though, it is not enough IMO to prevent Madam Becky from writing her memoires should she choose to do so. If it was objected to, enough time has now elapsed for Crystal to change the name. The worth of the business was to take girls and established clients which has now effectively happened.

Thank you Tarquin for thinking of me but I am honestly fine with it. Becky had run this agency for a long time and has lots of entertaining tales that would be a really good read if she does go ahead and make a book.

I agree you are entitled to air your opinions same as everybody is, however I disagree with them.

Firstly Madam Becky is not "living of the back of a sold business". Her past business adventures and memorys are hers to deal with as she wishes. There may or may not be enough material to provide an entertaining read, and some care should be taken to not compromise past people involved against their wishes. By this I mean she shouldn't out anyone, even famous footballers etc. However I am sure the truth can be bent enough to prevent this occuring.

Secondly I cannot see why Crystal would object to the publicity anyway. Even if she does though, it is not enough IMO to prevent Madam Becky from writing her memoires should she choose to do so. If it was objected to, enough time has now elapsed for Crystal to change the name. The worth of the business was to take girls and established clients which has now effectively happened.

Maybe in hindsight it would have been preferable to have drawn up a contract that specifically prevented Madam Becky from exploiting and gaining from anything connected with the business known as "Madam Beckys", maybe not. I've said my bit and I stand by every word.

Thank you Tarquin for thinking of me but I am honestly fine with it. Becky had run this agency for a long time and has lots of entertaining tales that would be a really good read if she does go ahead and make a book.

No thanks required Crystal, however it is appreciated.

Here's hoping that Memoirs will be spelt correctly on the cover. :)

Now I have officially left the industry, it makes it easier for publishers, after dinner speaking agencies and the TV to deal with me...

Publishers I can understand. TV I can just about believe at a push. But after dinner speaking agencies? Is there really a market for ex-madams on the after dinner speaking circuit?