Dartagnan

Funny lines that describe a WG

11 posts in this topic

In an earlier thread about post cards in newsagents windows, one punter recalled (sorry, forgot who you are)...

I lived in Bayswater in my earliy twenties towards the end of the swinging sixties and shop windows had a large selection of cards in those days. Among my favourites were:-

Former Air Hostess seeks ground position

Beautiful Butterfly needs mounting

Light building work undertaken-quick erections and demolitions guaranteed!

So c'mon girls, if there was no internet and you had to resort to advertising by writing a witty postcard that describes you and your services , what would you come up with?

As featured in the Flying Circus TV Show - Episode 14

The cast:

CUSTOMER

Eric Idle

SHOPKEEPER

Terry Jones

The sketch:

(Camera closes in on a small ad, which is one of many on the door of a small newsagent's shop. A shabby man is running an evil qe down the adverts, puzzling, looking fir something. He walks up to the counter. He has a reflex wink.)

Customer: Good morning.

Shopkeeper: Good morning, sir. Can I help you?

Customer: Help me? Yeah, I'll say you can help me.

Shopkeeper: Yes, sir?

Customer: I come about your advert - 'Small white pussy cat for sale. Excellent condition'.

Shopkeeper: Ah. You wish to buy it?

Customer: That's fight. Just for the hour. Only I aint gonna pay more'n a fiver cos it aint worth it.

Shopkeeper: Well it's come from a very good home - it's house trained.

Customer: (long think, goes to door, looks at ads again) Chest of drawers? Chest. Drawers. I'd like some chest of drawers please.

Shopkeeper: Yes, sir.

Customer: Does it go?

Shopkeeper: Er, it's over there in the corner. (indicates a wooden chest of drawers)

Customer: Oh. (goes to door, runs his finger down the list of adverts) Pram for sale. Any offers. I'd like a bit of pram please.

Shopkeeper: Ah yes, sir. That's in good condition.

Customer: Oh good, I like them in good condition, eh? Eh?

Shopkeeper: Yes, here it is you see. (picks up pram)

Customer: (looks, pauses, goes back to the door, runs finger again) Babysitter. No, it's a babysitter. Babysitter?

Shopkeeper: Babysitter.

Customer: Babysitter - I don't want a babysitter. Be a blood donor - that's it. I'd like to give some blood please, argh! (shopkeeper shakes head) Oh spit. Which one is it? (shopkeeper slips him a card from out of his pocket) Blond prostitute will indulge in any sexual activity for four quid a week. What does that mean?

As featured in the Flying Circus TV Show - Episode 14

The cast:

CUSTOMER

Eric Idle

SHOPKEEPER

Terry Jones

The sketch:

(Camera closes in on a small ad, which is one of many on the door of a small newsagent's shop. A shabby man is running an evil qe down the adverts, puzzling, looking fir something. He walks up to the counter. He has a reflex wink.)

Customer: Good morning.

Shopkeeper: Good morning, sir. Can I help you?

Customer: Help me? Yeah, I'll say you can help me.

Shopkeeper: Yes, sir?

Customer: I come about your advert - 'Small white pussy cat for sale. Excellent condition'.

Shopkeeper: Ah. You wish to buy it?

Customer: That's fight. Just for the hour. Only I aint gonna pay more'n a fiver cos it aint worth it.

Shopkeeper: Well it's come from a very good home - it's house trained.

Customer: (long think, goes to door, looks at ads again) Chest of drawers? Chest. Drawers. I'd like some chest of drawers please.

Shopkeeper: Yes, sir.

Customer: Does it go?

Shopkeeper: Er, it's over there in the corner. (indicates a wooden chest of drawers)

Customer: Oh. (goes to door, runs his finger down the list of adverts) Pram for sale. Any offers. I'd like a bit of pram please.

Shopkeeper: Ah yes, sir. That's in good condition.

Customer: Oh good, I like them in good condition, eh? Eh?

Shopkeeper: Yes, here it is you see. (picks up pram)

Customer: (looks, pauses, goes back to the door, runs finger again) Babysitter. No, it's a babysitter. Babysitter?

Shopkeeper: Babysitter.

Customer: Babysitter - I don't want a babysitter. Be a blood donor - that's it. I'd like to give some blood please, argh! (shopkeeper shakes head) Oh spit. Which one is it? (shopkeeper slips him a card from out of his pocket) Blond prostitute will indulge in any sexual activity for four quid a week. What does that mean?

Is your wife a goer, nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean squire.....

Could be taken on holiday :)

From my distant days as a law student I have two exhibits, both Shaw! The first is a copy of the Shaw Alphabet edition of Androcles and the Lion, which shows that Re. Shaw is a dangerous precedent to rely on, and the second is a well thumbed copy of the "Ladies Directory" which cost the publisher, George Frederick Shaw, six months in the slammer - DPP v Shaw - at 5/- I thought it quite good value, but I wasn't old enough to use it!

The Directory was, in effect, a compendium of the news agent's cards, with a few photographs - one ad, with photo, offered something that I haven't seen advertised on the web ever, namely a contortionist!

Pair of large antique jugs for sale.

Exotic flower pot with long legged stand. Just perfect for your violets.

Just like the carry on films of the 60's and 70's.

Just like the carry on films of the 60's and 70's.

Heheh... Have you been reading my FRs?

;):rolleyes:

I havent but as you are a year older than me perhaps we share the same sense of humor :lol

Do you want a photo of her, know what I mean, nudge nudge, Ive got some here, wink, wink.