Dave451

Guardian Article

21 posts in this topic

More flawed research based on self-selected samples and anechdotal 'evidence'. The bottom line is the the Fems are now pushing for men (not women) who pay for sex to be given Asobs and placed on the Sex Offenders' register.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/jan/15/why-men-use-prostitutes

It's a Bindel/Eaves production so not worth the paper it's been printed on as far as serious research goes. See the savaging the genuine academics gave her last effort The Big Brothel report.

As for her views on making men caught paying for sex receive ASBOs and be listed on the Sex Offenders Register, she's not going likely to get that. But were she to, she would then push for ever more stringent sanctions leading all the way to chemical castration and a 'final solution'. One can see why in times of frustration we find ourselves characterizing them as Feminazis.They actually won't be happy until the last dick has entered the last female orifice for the last time.

That the Grauniad prints this stuff is shameful, and that any University worthy of the name would have her on their books defies all belief.

....that any University worthy of the name would have her on their books defies all belief.

Is she on the books of any University? I know she was formerly associated with London Met and Leeds Met, but now?

I looked at the report. The methodology is, indeed, woeful and the report would not be published by any reputable academic journal.

What I don't understand is why the Guardian, in particular, keeps printing these articles. Is it:

1) to be deliberately controversial in order to somehow sell more papers.

2) to print articles that appeal to the intellectual level and values of their typical readers.

3) to reflect the personal attitudes and beliefs of the editors or owners.

4) a crusade for social engineering.

or some other reason.

Puzzled.

julie bindel is a writer for the guardian so the guardian want to appeal to the members of the b.uf. (british union of feminazis) before long,we'll see them marching, clad in blackshirts,armbands & jackboots giving stiff arm salutes to their leader julie bindel!

The only good thing about the Guardian is that it is one of the only newspapers that let's people from both sides of the argument what ever that argument may be show their views but of course that means it is open to abuse by the anti sex league.

julie bindel is a writer for the guardian so the guardian want to appeal to the members of the b.uf. (british union of feminazis) before long,we'll see them marching, clad in blackshirts,armbands & jackboots giving stiff arm salutes to their leader julie bindel!

Even though I too have used the word Femnazi I do think that it is a stupid name simply because many Feminists were murdered by the Nazis. I hope that a better name will be invented, radical feminists sounds good but it is too long.

Even though I too have used the word Femnazi I do think that it is a stupid name simply because many Feminists were murdered by the Nazis

To quote someone who knew more about it than either of us, "les extremes se touchent".

Even though I too have used the word Femnazi I do think that it is a stupid name simply because many Feminists were murdered by the Nazis. I hope that a better name will be invented, radical feminists sounds good but it is too long.

I like the name "feMentalists" . Most of their ranks appear to be female and also appear to be radical fundamentalists. "FeMentalists" brings the two together succinctly and avoids the unfair and exaggerated association with the Nazis.

Well, I've just read Ms Bindel's masterpiece and what a load of ill-informed, cliched drivel.

For example, why go to Thailand to have sex with a Russian?

Just 14% of interviewees were UK based, so does not take into account levels of tolerance or otherwise in other countries.

And the cliches....

I want my ideal prostitute not to behave like one....To a third person it looks like we're in love." - WTF does that mean or is he delusionary?

Another told me that he felt "disappointed - what a waste of money", - so why see a hooker?

As for suggestions on how to end prostitution, well after 2,000 years no one has managed, but then again, no one is prepared to run a controlled trial using the New Zealand system as a model.

The rest of it was disturbing stereo-type lies and mistruths, with uncorroborated figures and actually does more in damage to this sector of the adult sex industry that it solves.

I also find features like this rather patronising when on one hand there is a strong campaign against paying for sex with one female (who may, although unlikely, might have been trafficked), yet all the commentators convienently ignore that fact that aroud the UK men and women visit swingers clubs every night of the week to indulge in partner swapping and group sex. The only difference is no money exchanges hands, but men and women are still having sex with strangers.

I know in my mind which is the more corrupting.

I like the name "feMentalists" . Most of their ranks appear to be female and also appear to be radical fundamentalists. "FeMentalists" brings the two together succinctly and avoids the unfair and exaggerated association with the Nazis.

I suppose we could call them "Msogynists" :)

I suppose we could call them "Msogynists" :D

Or msandrists (sic), even. :)

B

...radical feminists sounds good but it is too long.

"Radfem" is the standard abbreviation.

But Bindel is certainly a misandrist.

But Bindel is certainly a misandrist.

Poor Julie!

Go here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/nov/08/lesbianism

and sympathise with her sad dilemma! Whatever Tony B's total equallity agenda, I have to say that I agree with her - I couldn't (knowingly) bonk a post-op TS (if I was took unawares, I'd feel not unlike my guilty memory of eating dutch horse meat, ignorant of what "paardeflees" meant!).

I quite like the terms Fementalists and Radfem, they are both catchy and can easily fit the bill of the feminist side of the anti-sex. However there can be counters to them, for the fundamentalist name fundamentalism is exclusive to religion since religions have fundamental doctrines. The downside of the radfem term, radfem may also include the other name for sex positive feminism which is known as sex radical feminism. However most types of radical feminism is mostly from the anti-sex side so I guess Radfem could be used more.

I think Julie Bindel is giving lesbian feminists a bad name. She is trying to keep the myth that all lesbians hate men no matter what sexual orientation they are alive and also the myth that all lesbian feminists hate straight women, bisexual women and even lesbians who don't have the same views as them. I have met loads of lesbians who love men and are also sex-positive feminists. Not to mention that my best friends are a lesbian couple who not only have loads of male friends but they too are both sex positive feminists.

I wonder if Julie Bindel is like Valerie Solanas? Valerie Solanas was a misandrist/radical feminst who wrote a book urging a global gendercide, basically urging all women to murder every man on the planet not tommention she tried to kill a man. She was a total nutcase and I hope Julie Bindel is nothing like her.

I quite like the terms Fementalists and Radfem, they are both catchy and can easily fit the bill of the feminist side of the anti-sex. However there can be counters to them, for the fundamentalist name fundamentalism is exclusive to religion since religions have fundamental doctrines. The downside of the radfem term, radfem may also include the other name for sex positive feminism which is known as sex radical feminism. However most types of radical feminism is mostly from the anti-sex side so I guess Radfem could be used more.

I think Julie Bindel is giving lesbian feminists a bad name. She is trying to keep the myth that all lesbians hate men no matter what sexual orientation they are alive and also the myth that all lesbian feminists hate straight women, bisexual women and even lesbians who don't have the same views as them. I have met loads of lesbians who love men and are also sex-positive feminists. Not to mention that my best friends are a lesbian couple who not only have loads of male friends but they too are both sex positive feminists.

I wonder if Julie Bindel is like Valerie Solanas? Valerie Solanas was a misandrist/radical feminst who wrote a book urging a global gendercide, basically urging all women to murder every man on the planet not tommention she tried to kill a man. She was a total nutcase and I hope Julie Bindel is nothing like her.

In view of this, perhaps the invented term femmentalists should be regarded as a merger of female and mental (ists) rather than female and radical fundamentalists!!:):)

The thing I find amusing is that it is just such obvious propoganda.

They interviewed 100 punters and everyone universally was negative about punting.

There was not one single person who said something along the lines of "Well I enjoy casual sex between consenting adults, I'm happy to pay for it if that's what it takes. I don't deny there is exploitation, just as there is in many or even all other areas of work, but I'm very careful to avoid exploiting anyone and I feel it's honest work well rewarded that pays well and leaves happy customers"

I never knew that Barbie was just another prostitute in need of rescue and rehabilitation until Julie Bindel enlightened me:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/dec/19/women

And the above was responsible for inspiring this gem:

http://gaymafiawatch.wordpress.com/2008/12/22/juliette-bindoll-plastic-parody-or-femme-fatale/

Poor Julie indeed; even many in the LGBT community can't stand her.

Poor Julie!

Go here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/nov/08/lesbianism

and sympathise with her sad dilemma! Whatever Tony B's total equallity agenda, I have to say that I agree with her - I couldn't (knowingly) bonk a post-op TS (if I was took unawares, I'd feel not unlike my guilty memory of eating dutch horse meat, ignorant of what "paardeflees" meant!).

Thank you for that link, it certainly made for interesting reading.

In particular I was drawn to these quotes :

"It is all a bit of an unholy alliance. We have been put in a room together and told to play nicely. But I for one do not wish to be lumped in with an ever-increasing list of folk defined by "odd" sexual habits or characteristics."

"I just want to be left alone. I am not in your gang, I did not ask to be, so please don't tell me I am one of yours, and then tell me off for offending your orthodoxy."

Okaaaay then. So it's not acceptable to group anyone who's not heterosexual together under one umbrella and afford them all the same treatment ?

So why is it ok to group all sex workers together and treat us all as deluded victims of evil men ?

Bloody hypocrite. :)

Why don't any of the girls publicly challenge Bindel to a debate ?

That would be effective.

Why don't any of the girls publicly challenge Bindel to a debate ?

That would be effective.

I have been to a debate with Bindel and would happily meet with her for a one to one debate. I see Sunni Tara has asked to meet her too, but I can't see her agreeing to it. :)