lou4fun

Why Bait and switch

48 posts in this topic

In general terms it means that the lady that you see in a picture on a web-site, is not the actual lady that you will see.

Why do so many do it but how do they get away with it ?

Surly the guys must say hang on a minuet, your not the girl I asked for/booked.

It is obviously something that works and earns money but how ?

Has it ever happened to you and what did you do ?

Happened to me last week in Slough.

Booked a lady on **. pitched up. Lady was nothing like the photo.

I showed her the print out of the ** profile, explained that she was not the girl I had booked and left.

there should br regulation in this industry maybe WGs should get AA stars for service .... But there should defo be more regulation and honesty and truth

It happened to me last November, Asian agency, booked a girl, she was nothing like the photo but it was cold and dark outside, she was nice enough and had a big hot bubble bath ready with candles all around it so I just went on with it. Found out later the photo was a well known Japanese model. In some cases it seems to be a cultural thing, their attitude seems to be, you want a girl? like these? here she is. You have to be very careful with some agencies. About 8 years ago an asian girl asked me to make her a website, when I asked if she needed photos she said oh no she has some. When she produced them I said but these aren't you, No she said "But I thought they looked nice". Having just scanned them from a magazine. I had to explain that in this country that was not acceptable. She was quite surprised. "Are you sure?" she said!

Then again sometimes its very deliberate and used to be quite common in London, with pretty maid's who took the money and showed you into a room containing an old toothless hag (well almost)

In general terms it means that the lady that you see in a picture on a web-site, is not the actual lady that you will see.

In my experience they do it because they are interested in making quick money with no interest in getting regular business off the punter, they rely on him thinking with his dick, and going through with the punt. Some punters i know never walk, they require sex and will put up with almost any lies. Sadly for the rest of us i dont see this attitude changing anytime soon.

Only when the lady has been better IMO than the one i booked have i gone through with the punt in recent times, but this was the exception, not the rule. Nowadays i would and have walked knowing i have a plan b and often c as backup. However, in the past i was not so fussy and would punt regardless and the lady would have had to be very ugly or smelly for me to walk.

In my experience they do it because they are interested in making quick money with no interest in getting regular business off the punter, they rely on him thinking with his dick, and going through with the punt. Some punters i know never walk, they require sex and will put up with almost any lies. Sadly for the rest of us i dont see this attitude changing anytime soon.

If it is web photograph "bait n'switch" (not quite "pick n'mix"!!) then no excuse other than fraud, but if the maid describes the 18yr old busty blonde, and what appears is a "late 30s" but not utterly unacceptable, lady, there is always the possibility that the girl described threw a sickie at the last moment, but more to the point, a good number of our members here have often asserted that it is variety that they want, so if only 30% are potentially repeat business, why bother?

I think it works in 3 ways, firstly it shows the punter what he wants to see, secondly it hopes to imprint the image(s) so that the let down is somewhat cushioned, and lastly it works on the "Fuck it, I'm here now and I want my knob polished" principle. Add those 3 things together and you have a very powerful combination, with the third being the most important.

If it is web photograph "bait n'switch" (not quite "pick n'mix"!!) then no excuse other than fraud, but if the maid describes the 18yr old busty blonde, and what appears is a "late 30s" but not utterly unacceptable, lady, there is always the possibility that the girl described threw a sickie at the last moment, but more to the point, a good number of our members here have often asserted that it is variety that they want, so if only 30% are potentially repeat business, why bother?

I mainly punt with Indies off Adultw0rk and i agree there is no excuse for false advertising/lying, but as long as some punters will punt regardless nothing will change IMO. Parties also often bait and switch with some i have been to having the attitude its a woman, so whats the problem, she has the same bits as the woman we advertised. With me thats not the point, if i have Partied with a lady before and rated her, its her i want to see again among others. Some Parties even steal ladies pictures and advertise her as Partying for them, as in the case of the lovely Linzi D who is a well respected Indie with many positive FRs. Desire Parties in London have her advertised as Partying on a regular basis as a lady named Lara, Linzi has never Partied for them and has requested many times for them to remove her pictures, all to no avail. Its a pity IMO that Pnet who Desire advertise on through the Announcements Board dont ban such a bunch of liars in my view.

I have totally changed my thinking over the last 10 or so years and whereas before the internet i would rarely walk as having a backup was harder than nowadays to arrange, i was likely to go ahead myself regardless of being lied to. Its still in the upper 80 percents of successful punts overall with me, so i am happy with that.

Bait and switch works because most punters will go ahead with the booking anyway because either they are too horny at that point in time or they find it hard to say no.

I know i did in my early days of punting

Obviously this isn't going to result in much repeat business but hey if the girl is ugly to start with, she is gonna get more business bait and switching than posting her real photo

I just cant understand anyone using these tactics

I also hear what people are syaing about the "Well I am here now" scenario but surely with sites such as this and others, the reputation of these providers would be able to spread quite rapidly ?

but surely with sites such as this and others, the reputation of these providers would be able to spread quite rapidly ?

I think you will find that the paid sex scene is somewhat bigger than the influence and range of Punternet.

I think you will find that the paid sex scene is somewhat bigger than the influence and range of Punternet.

Which is why I said this and others !

But thanks for the enlightenment anyway

While stolen phtots are nearly always the result of intent to deceive, there is also the distinct possibility that agents/maids are simply incompetent. It's not uncommon to for agents to get confused over who is who and to do so repeatedly.

Nowadays i would and have walked knowing i have a plan b and often c as backup.

Funny that. The other day I was walking down the street and noticed helicopters hovering overhead and snipers peering down from the rooftops. Then I saw a man waddling down a driveway shouting 'Abort! Abort! Move to Plan B!' into his sleeve, while a lady with a bemused look on her face giggled to herself.

At the time I assumed he was a secret agent of some sort, now I realise he was probably just a punter with far, far, far too much time on his hands.

I think it's pretty simple: using WGs is usually accompanied by a degree of shame, guilt, and fear (whether people want to admit it or not) and where those emotions come into play, few people are inclined to start an argument over poor service for fear of drawing attention to themsleves. Will I be exposed if I complain? Will I be beaten up by a pimp if I don't pay? What will be the repercussions if I walk out? Even at trustworthy, well run flats, many punters are loathe to stand up for their rights and with "unknown" service providers, even less so.

Anyway, Lou, you warned me that you were quite different to your board persona so if I do see you next week, is this my opportunity to get my excuses in in advance? Or will I just fall for you so badly that I won't be able to help myself :-)

Funny that. The other day I was walking down the street and noticed helicopters hovering overhead and snipers peering down from the rooftops. Then I saw a man waddling down a driveway shouting 'Abort! Abort! Move to Plan B!' into his sleeve, while a lady with a bemused look on her face giggled to herself.

At the time I assumed he was a secret agent of some sort, now I realise he was probably just a punter with far, far, far too much time on his hands.

I think you will find that the person in question was in fact an Acemassage representative making a panic phone call to Met-Art.

I mainly punt with Indies off Adultw0rk and i agree there is no excuse for false advertising/lying, but as long as some punters will punt regardless nothing will change IMO. Parties also often bait and switch with some i have been to having the attitude its a woman, so whats the problem, she has the same bits as the woman we advertised. With me thats not the point, if i have Partied with a lady before and rated her, its her i want to see again among others. Some Parties even steal ladies pictures and advertise her as Partying for them, as in the case of the lovely Linzi D who is a well respected Indie with many positive FRs. Desire Parties in London have her advertised as Partying on a regular basis as a lady named Lara, Linzi has never Partied for them and has requested many times for them to remove her pictures, all to no avail. Its a pity IMO that Pnet who Desire advertise on through the Announcements Board dont ban such a bunch of liars in my view.

I have totally changed my thinking over the last 10 or so years and whereas before the internet i would rarely walk as having a backup was harder than nowadays to arrange, i was likely to go ahead myself regardless of being lied to. Its still in the upper 80 percents of successful punts overall with me, so i am happy with that.

Unfortunately, in some situations, money talks. :rolleyes:

Until people start making a stand and refusing to see a girl who isnt who was in the picture or looks anything like the girl in the picture then it will carry on because they can get away with it!

** is terrible for this there is so many genuine girls on there but also alot of people with fake/old pictures, When I first opening Madam Becky's I done a reverse booking for staff, the girls looked AMAZING in the photos but in the interviews they looked like different women! one of them said she was 24 she must have been in here late 40's :rolleyes:

i was a victim of bait and switch, japanese girl met her at a hotel she was already in near totenham court road, when i saw her i was horrified but i just played along, when she asked for her money i pretended to search around my pockets and pretended id left my wallet in my car and just got the hell out of there!

In recent years parlours used Ace massage. The guy would come and take the photos and charge 35 for a gallery. They took ages to get the pics on by which time the girl could possibly have left so many madames would keep the photos on due to the cost and use those picks any time a lookalike started. So the stamp on the photos saying Ace massage guaranteed pictures was only valid the day it was done.

I was a regular victim of illicit marketing techniques, especially when using the 'other site', my lack of balls at the time meant it turned into scamming me out of money as I never walked our nor ask her to leave my hotel room as I should have done (I feared negative feedback or retaliation from their pimps/drivers). Now, after many bad experiences, not only am I more likely to spot fakers/scam artists, I am pro-active and report them to avoid others falling into their traps and relish the thought of confrontation. Should I get the smallest feeling that I'm being taken advantage off, I'll threaten to walk out, which immediately makes her capitulate.

Happened to me few months ago. The culprit - www.90minute.co.uk. Its always advisable to see if the location name is mentioned in the girl's profile.

On my travels I was visiting family in Newcastle and over the Bank Holiday I was taken by the pictures of an attractive Eastern European lady on the other site. I called and was given directions to the lower quality flats at the east end of the Quayside. I was greeted by a maid who would not have been out of place as a prison warder but I pressed on. When the young lady entered the room she bore no resemblance to the pictures on the site and with over 25 years of seeing WGs I can say that she is not the type of girl I am attracted to. But I was like a rabbit in the headlights and froze. Should I stay or should I go? I chickened out and spent £120 on a 20 minute covered BJ. I left making my excuses. The place stank of onions and whatever was cooking and I felt hard done by. But it is my own silly fault.

I subsequently found the pictures had been lifted from a London site (and now I think of it they probably lifted them as well). The lady I saw even had the nerve to present the pictures to a North East based agency. They were still there for over 6 weeks after I pointed out the "mistake" but have thankfully now changed. But the lady herself still uses the pictures on the other site.

The moral of the story is if you are brave enough to see a WG then for goodness sake do not spoil what to that moment has been a pleasurable experience over many years by staying put when you should just walk away. I didn't immediately - it cost me a lot of money and left me beating myself up because I bottled it.

I just noticed WykeTykes post on the FAKE AGENCY thread.

He raises an important point that maybe the girl in the photos isn't the girl you see because she may have been trafficed.

I agree with that. If a "pimp" is advertising a trafficed girl hes unlikley to post her real photos up on the world wide web where someone could recognise her and catch him with evidence to prove it!

A good reason to steer clear and walk!

... pretty maids who took the money and showed you into a room containing an old toothless hag (well almost)

If you find one that is toothless, I'd be eager to get her details. :)