Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bradley Hardacre

Market Sectors; Cars and WG's

26 posts in this topic

I was discussing punting with an American friend, who does not indulge. The conversation got on to fees and "market sector". As we could not compare prices in the UK and US directly, we started using cars as a basis of comparison. I suggested that I thought the typical £120/hr ladies I meet are Honda Accords, possibly top of the range Accords, but definitely not Vauxhall Corsa's and not really Mercedes. Is that about right?

(sorry ladies….men and boys :))

You can find places where old-school Skodas would be an appropriate measure. Well, I have at least.

I was discussing punting with an American friend, who does not indulge. The conversation got on to fees and "market sector". As we could not compare prices in the UK and US directly, we started using cars as a basis of comparison. I suggested that I thought the typical £120/hr ladies I meet are Honda Accords, possibly top of the range Accords, but definitely not Vauxhall Corsa's and not really Mercedes. Is that about right?

Absolutely not in my experience. Paying more for a punt guarantees nothing, it doesnt mean the punt will be better as i personally know. What makes a great punt is the Attitude of the lady, money doesnt change a bad attitude.

Linking cost to punt quality is one of the biggest myths about punting that i know.

I suggested that I thought the typical £120/hr ladies I meet are Honda Accords, possibly top of the range Accords, but definitely not Vauxhall Corsa’s and not really Mercedes. Is that about right?.

Depends if it comes with a full manufacturer's service history.

Actually the £120 punt i have booked, the lady in question is far from a honda accord, she is more of a BMW z4

Of the WGs I know, the majority drive little Mercedes. So I guess you know how they think about themselves.

I was discussing punting with an American friend, who does not indulge. The conversation got on to fees and “market sector”. As we could not compare prices in the UK and US directly, we started using cars as a basis of comparison. I suggested that I thought the typical £120/hr ladies I meet are Honda Accords, possibly top of the range Accords, but definitely not Vauxhall Corsa’s and not really Mercedes. Is that about right?

I get the impression it is generally accepted that there is very little correlation between price and quality (with WGs, at least).

Most of what you get with an expensive WG is just a bigger ego.

With flash cars, of course, it's the driver that has the bigger ego. :D

Not right for "up North" where a 5 series BMW comparison would be more apt than a Honda Accord. At one time, they were described as the best cars in the real world.

Paying more for a punt guarantees nothing, it doesnt mean the punt will be better as i personally know. .

Same is certainly true of cars; what we are addressing here is more like 'perception'.

Surely linking cost to the reliability of a car is also bs.... so maybe the comparisson not that bad.... Or are you going to tell me a mercedes is more reliable than a toyota?

Surely linking cost to the reliability of a car is also bs.... so maybe the comparisson not that bad.... Or are you going to tell me a mercedes is more reliable than a toyota?

Who wants to rent a Toyota?

I get the impression it is generally accepted that there is very little correlation between price and quality (with WGs, at least).

With flash cars, of course, it's the driver that has the bigger ego. :)

Punters i know know this, but i am not so sure about a lot of other punters. From what i have read on here since being a member i think an amazing number think paying high rates means they will receive a better punt.

With flash cars, of course, it's the driver that has the bigger ego. :D

Quite what that says about me and my bicycle!, I hasten to add that my other bicycle is a tandem!....:)

Same is certainly true of cars; what we are addressing here is more like 'perception'.

Indeed it is. IMO that perception will not change anytime soon because most punters know nothing of sites like this, and pay xyz with not much thought going into it, and perhaps simply dont care what it costs. For others ignorance is bliss.

I did similar in my earlier punting days, my standards were a lot lower in those days, basically if it was a lady it was punt on virtually whatever her attitude, services or looks were. My expectations were low thinking back.

Of the WGs I know, the majority drive little Mercedes. So I guess you know how they think about themselves.

I drive a BIG Mercedes. Im big on comfort, big on service, big on reliability and cost a fortune to run but handle well at full throttle.:)

I have a nice bicycle I use every now and then, as well as a second hand 8 year old diesel peugot.

Not really interested in flashy cars I just want something reliable and reasonable looking. I do have an aversion to anything that could look like a 'family' or 'children' carrying vehicle though.

So what does that say about me?

I drive a BIG Mercedes. Im big on comfort, big on service, big on reliability and cost a fortune to run but handle well at full throttle.:D

I'll like to take that for a test drive. I can feel the engine throbbing already. If you like, I can top her up with fuel until it gushes out of the hole and splashes all over her bodywork. Ooh baby. :)

I have a nice bicycle I use every now and then, as well as a second hand 8 year old diesel peugot.

Not really interested in flashy cars I just want something reliable and reasonable looking. I do have an aversion to anything that could look like a 'family' or 'children' carrying vehicle though.

So what does that say about me?

Does your bicycle have one of these baskets on the handlebars!, I tried to buy a butchers bicycle with the big basket at the front, but he woud not sell it!, it was then I invested in a tandem.

Riding pillion on a tandem is hard work though, as when you go round corners, you realise the handlebars dont swing to the right or left, but are a fixture that does not move, scared me when I first sat behind someone who wanted to swerve all over the road.

I have a nice bicycle I use every now and then, as well as a second hand 8 year old diesel peugot. So what does that say about me?

That you are a woman with no interest in cars, but is no doubt lovely anyway :)

I have ridden a tandem a mountain bike one, off road too. Being a good girl I sat still at the rear I trusted the person at the front who was a keen cyclist. unfortunately when he was on the back he started trying to move around as if he was on a normal cycle. I soon swapped him back. I think it's a male thing.

My cycle is a hybrid so bit of a sporty butchers bike and has a rack with detachable box on the back. Could probably stuff a small dog in there.

I have ridden a tandem a mountain bike one, off road too. Being a good girl I sat still at the rear I trusted the person at the front who was a keen cyclist. unfortunately when he was on the back he started trying to move around as if he was on a normal cycle. I soon swapped him back. I think it's a male thing.

My cycle is a hybrid so bit of a sporty butchers bike and has a rack with detachable box on the back. Could probably stuff a small dog in there.

I have an estate car for my dogs.

I have an interest in that I knew which model I wanted, did my research and found the right one. I have been known to actually open the bonnet and do things, even went off to refresh my memory on the mechanics when I was told my sump was cracked.

Always interested just not necessarily in flash 'look at me I've got a sporty merc/jag/BMW'.

even went off to refresh my memory on the mechanics when I was told my sump was cracked..

Yes but....such is Peugeot (spit!). You may not want flash stuff, but you still want a totally reliable Japanese car :D

This thread has gone off topic; just watched Belle de Jour; if she was charging £300, may be my girls are more upmarket than Hondas?

I too have a PhD and used earn money by busting a gut and loading biscuits on lorries for three shillings and sixpence an hour; damn, and I was handsome in those days :)

I'll like to take that for a test drive. I can feel the engine throbbing already. If you like, I can top her up with fuel until it gushes out of the hole and splashes all over her bodywork. Ooh baby. :confused:

Nice, what more could a girl wish for:rolleyes:

Nice, what more could a girl wish for:rolleyes:

Just be grateful chuck, if you are I won't wipe my knob on the new curtains;)

Experience of friends and relatives is that Pugs have been reliable for them, they had tried Japanese cars and yes I had heard/know they are supposed to be better, but they stuck with the Pugs so I thought I would give them a go too.