Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cortina

Anyone watching..........

78 posts in this topic

Billie Piper interviewing Belle de Jour ITV2 now?

Very interesting viewing!

Excellent performance - as one would expect from a professional. Brooke did a really good job I thought, good to see/hear a positive and erudite view of the profession.

Billie Piper interviewing Belle de Jour ITV2 now?

Very interesting viewing!

What a load of bollox. Piper looked absolutely disgusted with it all and she has earned a good wage yet still looked down her nose.

Yes, just saw it -------------- but did Brooke really warrant £300 for the hour, I have seen girls far prettier for £120 an hour.

Maybe she was better when she was younger. :):confused:

Yes, just saw it -------------- but did Brooke really warrant £300 for the hour, I have seen girls far prettier for £120 an hour.

Maybe she was better when she was younger. :):confused:

Don't you get bored being so predictable :D

Don't you get bored being so predictable :)

Do you mean truthful ?????????????

Nice enough woman but her skin was far from perfect and her teeth could do with some cosmetic attention.

For £300 an hour I would want Miss Perfect in every way -------- she was very "ordinary" (in my humble opinion). :D

Interesting interview, she came across ok.

Episode 2 this coming Thursday night will be funny - its set in a fictional fetish club and a bunch of my friends are extras on it ... I'll have to video that as I'll be, erm, at a fetish club that night :)

Obviously she was not aware that JRC has set a maximum wage for the whole country :).

As highlighted on another thread earlier, what makes punters return more than any other attribute is attitude and hers would appear to be excellent. She is charming and sexy and it would appear she enjoyed herself, all of which contribute hugely to a good experience for the punter.

Do you mean truthful ?????????????

Nice enough woman but her skin was far from perfect and her teeth could do with some cosmetic attention.

For £300 an hour I would want Miss Perfect in every way -------- she was very "ordinary" (in my humble opinion). :)

Nice lady but I have to agree with Jimmy here. For £300 ph I would expect much better skin. Her facial blemishes were very obvious.

She has a writers face, and would struggle to get a shift at the top edinburgh parlours.

I caught the last part, it looked quite interesting.

She has a writers face, and would struggle to get a shift at the top edinburgh parlours.

yet..... she was highly successful and a top class agency would never have kept her in employment if their (very) precious loyal customers had anything negative to say about her. Horse for courses as they say.

She also wasn't earing "parlour" money, but a lot lot more in a short space of time.....clearly it's not just about the cute ass and sexy wink at that level.

Nice lady but I have to agree with Jimmy here. For £300 ph I would expect much better skin. Her facial blemishes were very obvious.

Thanks ------------- I thought maybe I was being a bit harsh.

I searched google images and could not find one picture of her revealing her teeth, all her smiles are like the Mona Lisa. :)

Thanks ------------- I thought maybe I was being a bit harsh.

I searched google images and could not find one picture of her revealing her teeth, all her smiles are like the Mona Lisa. :)

didnt see it unfortunately --- here is a youtube link -- shows her teeth around 1.24 mins .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwjNzhQIr9w&feature=fvsr

bad skin yes -- but she has ' something' alright .

I watched it what a brilliant interview!

She didn't have the best skin but nobody is perfect everyone has imperfections £300 is alot an hour but she was obviously very good at what she done and built up alot of regular clientele so fair play to the girl! she earnt her money got out of it and is still earning loads of money now through her books and interviews.. xx

I thought was she excellent, a truely fascinating woman. Shame she is not still working as I would be more than happy to indulge.

Looks, so what about her face - I still thought she was very attractive, confident and sexy.

That aside, well done to her for having the balls to show her face and say she was proud about what she has done. Good for you girl, I hope you made a mint!!!:D Success should be celebrated not knocked, especially in such a tough and unforgiving industry.:)

Edited by robbiede1
typo!

I watched it what a brilliant interview!

She didn't have the best skin but nobody is perfect everyone has imperfections £300 is alot an hour but if she was obviously very good at what she done

Crystal, if Brooke was worth £300 an hour then you are worth £600 an hour.

Hope I have not made you blush. :)

That aside, well done to her for having the balls to show her face and say she was proud about what she has done.

Hmmm -------- not exactly.

She was a hooker from 2003 until 2004 but did not "come out" until 2009 and she only did that because she was about to be exposed ---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_de_Jour_(writer)

Click on ---- did you mean Belle de jour

She was a hooker from 2003 until 2004 but did not "come out" until 2009 and she only did that because she was about to be exposed ---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_de_Jour_(writer)

True Jimmy, but she had the choice of run for the hills and go into hiding or stand her ground and stand up for her profession. She did the later, and yes she was going to be exposed but had always planned to write the book, she just had to bring it forward.

True Jimmy, but she had the choice of run for the hills and go into hiding or stand her ground and stand up for her profession. She did the later, and yes she was going to be exposed but had always planned to write the book, she just had to bring it forward.

Maybe I am a cynic --------- but I suspect that standing her ground has proved more lucrative than running for the hills, sadly life is all about ££$$.

That's hardly fair. She could have run for the hills as robbiede1 said, or she could have done a 'sinner repents' act and gone with the Daily Mail. But she decided to carry on being articulate and take on the Harriet Harmans of this world by reaffirming that her experiences were good, her rationale was realistic, and the fact she feels the same way several years afterwards is a good thing in itself - she's not writing it off as 'youthful indiscretion'.

The number of times over the years I've wished someone like her would come forward and give the 'good' side of the story... but why would anyone, when they're better off staying anonymous and making money, or else would have to dance to the media's tune? Finally we have someone prepared to take on the reputational risk while holding down a professional job, and people sneer at her?????

FFS

I don't think she had any choice at all. Trying to hide would have been seen as cowardice. She could run at that point, but no longer hide. She did the only thing she could at the point - and that was to out herself on her terms before it all turned into a nasty putrid mess.

Her reputation bashed as it was - she would have been dragged to the ground even more (and lost any respect as a professional she had remaining) had she not stood her ground and outed herself, holding her head high.

Although I find her attractive, interesting and intelligent enough, as far as we know she only ever claimed to have charged £300 a hour. Has any punter ever said yes I paid £300 to see her when she was working as '...........'. I apologize if people do know what her working name really was and if people have cached copiesof her website showing rates etc. I'm sure she is genuine in her claims of working, however £300 a hour? I've known some pretty good quality working girls, between £120 and £150. maybe she thought that £300 a hour would appeal more to the publishers and the majority of the buying public and feed their fantasies? I know my experiences have been with Northern and one Midlands lady, and that prices in London can be dearer, but I wouldn't have thought she was £300 a hour.

Although I find her attractive, interesting and intelligent enough, as far as we know she only ever claimed to have charged £300 a hour. Has any punter ever said yes I paid £300 to see her when she was working as '...........'. I apologize if people do know what her working name really was and if people have cached copiesof her website showing rates etc. I'm sure she is genuine in her claims of working, however £300 a hour? I've known some pretty good quality working girls, between £120 and £150. maybe she thought that £300 a hour would appeal more to the publishers and the majority of the buying public and feed their fantasies? I know my experiences have been with Northern and one Midlands lady, and that prices in London can be dearer, but I wouldn't have thought she was £300 a hour.

Yes, there are cached copies around - so at this stage she would not dare to speak such a blatant lie. She now has no choice but to stick to the truth.

Back then, those were (and mostly still is) the going rate at the higher end agencies. You didn't have to be a flawless model to earn that at all. Simply eloquent & intelligent with the desire to aim to please.

Although I find her attractive, interesting and intelligent enough, as far as we know she only ever claimed to have charged £300 a hour. Has any punter ever said yes I paid £300 to see her when she was working as '...........'. I apologize if people do know what her working name really was and if people have cached copiesof her website showing rates etc. I'm sure she is genuine in her claims of working, however £300 a hour? I've known some pretty good quality working girls, between £120 and £150. maybe she thought that £300 a hour would appeal more to the publishers and the majority of the buying public and feed their fantasies?

Mike ------ you are a bigger cynic than me, that takes some doing.

You make a very valid point but we will never really know the truth, I am sure there are agencies that charge those sort of rates, where they find the mugs to pay them is a total mystery. :confused::confused:

I do accept there are very rich guys in the London area, but rich guys would probably expect top quality for their £300 --- not Brooke. :rolleyes: