NIK

So what is it with Milton Keynes?

29 posts in this topic

Is it the location?

Accessible from the M1, the Midlands and the south.

A tolerant council?

Does someone actually encourage it?

A booming economy in the area?

It can't be tradition like Greater Manchester as it's only just started taking off.

But why does MK seem to have a far more vibrant paid sex scene than many larger cities put together?

There is one thing mind you, MK is a much larger town than I first thought.

I thought it was about 50/60000 but when I looked it up the population is listed as 150000.

Must be getting near city status.

The parlours of MK suits me fine.

Near enough to visit but far enough way that I'm not tempted to go there too frequently.

I thought it was about 50/60000 but when I looked it up the population is listed as 150000.

Not too sure where you got 150000 from. The population is now probably around 250,000 and is growing rapidly. To quote from Wikipedia: "At the 2001 census the population of the Milton Keynes urban area, including the adjacent Newport Pagnell, was 184,506, and that of the wider borough, which has been a unitary authority independent of Buckinghamshire County Council since 1997, was 207,063 (compared with a population of around 53,000 for the same area in 1961[2]). The Borough's population is currently estimated to be over 230,000.[3]" MK applied for city status a few years ago and was turned down.

Not too sure where you got 150000 from. The population is now probably around 250,000 and is growing rapidly. To quote from Wikipedia: "At the 2001 census the population of the Milton Keynes urban area, including the adjacent Newport Pagnell, was 184,506, and that of the wider borough, which has been a unitary authority independent of Buckinghamshire County Council since 1997, was 207,063 (compared with a population of around 53,000 for the same area in 1961[2]). The Borough's population is currently estimated to be over 230,000.[3]" MK applied for city status a few years ago and was turned down.

Sorry, I meant 250000.

Therefore it is a lot bigger than many actual cities and not far short of the size of somewhere like Nottingham.

I wonder is it, therefore, the fastest growing town in the country?

No wonder it has a vibrant paid sex scene.

Jeez, wish I had a transmat pad to take me there when ever I wanted. There's fxckall going on out here! :confused: (kenobi feels a bit sorry for himself :rolleyes::D:D)

Sorry, I meant 250000.

Therefore it is a lot bigger than many actual cities and not far short of the size of somewhere like Nottingham.

I wonder is it, therefore, the fastest growing town in the country?

No wonder it has a vibrant paid sex scene.

It was the fastest growing town in Europe! Dont know if this is still the case though!

All of the below I guess but to varying extents except I don't know about anyone in authority encouraging it.

Probably those in the business might be best positioned to point out the positives that combined to help it develop.

Is it the location?

A tolerant council?

It can't be tradition like Greater Manchester as it's only just started taking off.

But why does MK seem to have a far more vibrant paid sex scene than many larger cities put together?

I thought it was about 50/60000 but when I looked it up the population is listed as 150000. Must be getting near city status.

Nothing to do with MK, but on a similar theme Bournemouth seems to have a thriving scene. Brighton I could understand but Bournemouth? Why not Eastbourne or Ramsgate? I just find it odd how some geographic localities are more tolerant.

<retires to ponder>

MK, bedford, northampton

it is good to live in this area of the country sometimes i guess :confused:

I was surprised and delighted to see the cows in their new location when I found a relatively new bit of the Centre not so long ago.

I can never fathom why some places have so many punting locations, sometimes very small towns included.

Is it the location?

A tolerant council?

Mk is certainly grow at a far fast pace. Plus its 40 mins to central london, 40 mins to birmingham and right next to the M1.

Just last week the hockey stadium is getting knocked down for National Rails central head quarters. So another 3000 jobs popping up.

We've already got Argos head offices, Tesco Main office, Abby national (or is it santanta now? ), Mecedes-benz head office, we've even got Red Bull Formula one team here too as Silverstone is 10 mins down the road.

The recession did seem to pass us by somewhat compared to other places. (Woolworths was TKMax less than a week later)

So with a soaring population and easy access and little crime aint no surprise that demand is also soaring for punting. :confused:

All that considered, most working ladies I've spoken to over the years reckon that MK is one of the worst places for their business.

I noticed much better 'sales figures' when we strayed into different areas.

And getting quieter.

Is it the location?

A tolerant council?

The Milton Keynes police turn a blind eye, of course ;)

Jeez, wish I had a transmat pad to take me there when ever I wanted.

So which of your films do these "transmat pads" come from then Obi-Wan ;) ?

I guess that things are tough trying to punt in "El Pueblo, Kijuju and Raccoon City". I sometimes take the long trek up to MK myself to give the one-eyed trouser snake a workout, although I have yet to try out any of the town's premier parlours. It's a pretty good area for indies as well. Mind you at 150 miles per round trip, each visit is pretty rare. However, you could say I do have a bonnie old time when I get there though ;).

The Milton Keynes police turn a blind eye, of course ;)

Yes and you know this cause of course you work for the MK police department ;)

Yes and you know this cause of course you work for the MK police department ;)

Surely this has to be a contributory factor? (and no, I don't work for them)

Surely this has to be a contributory factor? (and no, I don't work for them)

I'm sorry what has to be a contributory factor?

I'm sorry what has to be a contributory factor?

The police 'turning a blind eye'...

Mk is certainly grow at a far fast pace. Plus its 40 mins to central london, 40 mins to birmingham and right next to the M1.

Just last week the hockey stadium is getting knocked down for National Rails central head quarters. So another 3000 jobs popping up.

We've already got Argos head offices, Tesco Main office, Abby national (or is it santanta now? ), Mecedes-benz head office, we've even got Red Bull Formula one team here too as Silverstone is 10 mins down the road.

The recession did seem to pass us by somewhat compared to other places. (Woolworths was TKMax less than a week later)

So with a soaring population and easy access and little crime aint no surprise that demand is also soaring for punting. ;)

Also there is no decent football team for miles so we spend our time and money punting instead.;)

Also there is no decent football team for miles so we spend our time and money punting instead.;)

That must apply to Sheffield then too. ;)

Here's my view...location helps, I sense that the local authorities take a sensible view, the demographics are probably right, but...surely the reason for the vibrant scene in MK is largely down to the people who run House of Divine?

Before anyone asks, I have no association with HOD other than being an occasional paying customer (and I've had my fair share of bad punts there as well as plenty of good ones), but just look at the data.

Take the last 200 days...379 FRs for MK. 258 of these (68%) belong to HOD/Annabellas/Ego. The three other 'parlours' (for want of a better word - not sure if they describe themselves as parlours) have just 58 between them (15%). Indies/others take the remaining 63 FRs (17%).

You have to ask the question, would MK be so vibrant without HOD? I have no way of knowing this, but my guess would be that a good share of HOD ladies aren't 'home grown' in MK - so I don't think MK is necessarily any better at other towns/cities at producing working ladies!

I truly beleive that the people who run HOD deserve a large slice of credit for the MK scene being what it is. If they ran a different type of business but in the same manner and with similar apparent success, they would surely be winning business award after business award?

Just to reiterate, I'm not a HOD fan boy (or employee) - the facts in my opinion speak for themselves, all I'm doing is pointing them out (and answering the original question with what I think is the right answer).

IF I win a Lottery Ive always thought Id go full time punter travellling the UK

BUT Milton Keynes is now so well stocked Id likely just move to MK for a year and punt the place thorougly

logically it makes sense cos it would cut out the travelling time when punting isnt possible.

I could leave the car at home and use taxis for the short trips around MK and therefore be able to drink all I want to drink which is Lottery goal No2

IF I win a Lottery Ive always thought Id go full time punter travellling the UK

BUT Milton Keynes is now so well stocked Id likely just move to MK for a year and punt the place thorougly

logically it makes sense cos it would cut out the travelling time when punting isnt possible.

I could leave the car at home and use taxis for the short trips around MK and therefore be able to drink all I want to drink which is Lottery goal No2

Good Idea, If I won the lottery I'd buy one of the flats behind Staples, be nice and handy for annabellas lol. :D

So which of your films do these "transmat pads" come from then Obi-Wan ?

I guess that things are tough trying to punt in "El Pueblo, Kijuju and Raccoon City". I sometimes take the long trek up to MK myself to give the one-eyed trouser snake a workout, although I have yet to try out any of the town's premier parlours. It's a pretty good area for indies as well. Mind you at 150 miles per round trip, each visit is pretty rare. However, you could say I do have a bonnie old time when I get there though .

Hmmm, MK does seem pretty awesome - a trip up there this year has to be made. It's just over 2hours away which is pretty much the limit but certainly feasible. :)

And you're right about action in those three places, the "Resident" talent is pretty evil :):D As for transmat pads, well here's a picture of a certain time travelling chap and his friends using one. I'll stop now for fear of going waaay off topic lol :)