Coventrypunter

Mints

42 posts in this topic

I always suck mints before a punt to remove any possibility of halitosis

I like soft mints and extra strong mints, but hate polos.

so what are the best pre-punt mint?

I prefer mouthwash pre-punt and chewing gum en route.

As we all keep saying ad nauseum, brushing or flossing within 4 hours of a punt is inadvisable if not potentially dangerous.

My personal favourite is a might good floss and proper scrub of the gnashers - finished off with a good swish of mouth wash.

I prefer mouthwash pre-punt and chewing gum en route.

As we all keep saying ad nauseum, brushing or flossing within 4 hours of a punt is inadvisable if not potentially dangerous.

Do all the flossing and such the night before. Normal brushing in the morning.

Listerine mouthwash and a couple of Wrigleys Extra Ice just before arriving. :)

mints dont remove halitosis, you would be better having a fag, or eating an orange, or chewing parsley.

I always suck mints before a punt to remove any possibility of halitosis

I like soft mints and extra strong mints, but hate polos.

so what are the best pre-punt mint?

I always have fresh breath spray with me while punting. As my favourite service is DFK i ensure my breath is fresh throughout the punt especially when i get a dry throat, a quick spray and some water do the job. I find the lady/ies often ask to use it as well without me needing to mention i can smell cigarettes on their breath which i dont like.

Original listerine mouthwash burns everything away, you will feel fresh and ready.....:)

I heard that mouthwash can kill also the "good" bacteria that fights infection.

(I may be talking through my cute little behind though.)

Chewing gum? Please bin it before the fun starts. On one occasion a client chewed it from beginning to end and I found I was bobbing my head up and down in time as I watched him.:):D

Clean my teeth,and a good mouthwash before all my punts

Some evidence that greek yoghurt helps clean breath, one cause often missed by dentists and experts is damaged nose cartilege, often dating back incredibly to birth damage. Only solution for that is an operation. So if you have a perma blocked nose, and mouthbreathe particulary during sleep have it investigated, its often the cause of snoring as well, though again rarely spotted by experts. Retardex is the only serious mouthwash, and reassuringly expensive,

I dont like the taste mints leave in my mouth after a while especially tic-tacs..

But i love Mouthwash especially dentyl. Also use a nice minty breathe freshener 1 squirt and instant fresh breath :) good after garlic!!!

toothpaste then mouthwash, then chewing gum will ensure fresh breath, a mint won't cover you for very long/.

Mints taste artificial, as if one has tried to cover ones bad breath: I have been told, quite emphatically, that there is no substitute for simply cleaning ones teeth as normal then splooshing a good capful of listerene around. Mouth that is, not generally, it stains the carpet.

I love dentyl... especially cherry... nom nom!

Is that in case you cut your gums or something? :)

Just a quick blast with the pocket sized Listerine!

Is that in case you cut your gums or something? :)

Yup!.......

I always clean my teeth. I have healthy gums so dont bleed. I find Smints the best as they are really small but really freshen. Usually got a pack in the car!

I like to suck a cough candy on the way to a punt. Also I can get a bit nervous and my mouth goes a bit dry - so it helps with that to.

PLEASE remember that brushing or flossing within 4 hours of an appointment is seriously not clever.

Any small cuts or bleeding gums caused will allow a blood transfer to be more possible.

We all love our "hobby", so let's try and make it as safe as we can for all concerned.

Retardex is the only serious mouthwash, and reassuringly expensive,
just so long as it doesn't cost £120 :)

Personally I always used those fresh breath tabs form listerine, one on my tongue before had did the trick.

Listerine contains alcohol so you`ll end up smelling of booze. In fact some alcoholics have been known to drink mouthwash instead of proper booze coz its cheaper.

a couple of packs of softmints. one blue pack and one green :confused:

mouthwash is pretty much useless, especially ones with alcohol in like listerine. it just dries your mouth out in about 30 minutes and makes your breath worse

I dont like the taste mints leave in my mouth after a while especially tic-tacs..

But i love Mouthwash especially dentyl. Also use a nice minty breathe freshener 1 squirt and instant fresh breath :confused: good after garlic!!!

I use tic tacs but I know what you mean, has to be just before the punt