Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starman

Overlaps of Prostitution, Migration and Human Trafficking

6 posts in this topic

The U.S. Government adopted a strong position against prostitution in a December 2002 policy decision, which notes that prostitution is inherently harmful and dehumanizing and fuels trafficking in persons. Turning people into dehumanized commodities creates an enabling environment for human trafficking. The United States Government opposes prostitution and any related activities, including pimping, pandering, or maintaining brothels as contributing to the phenomenon of trafficking in persons. These activities should not be regulated as a legitimate form of work for any human being.

This statement is the nub of the current problem.

We tend to think that sex between consenting adults , whether gay or for money, is acceptable and is not the legitimate concern of politicians.

To legislate on morals is considered to be the way of backward governments.

The mixing in of trafficking issues with the home sex industry is a clever ploy.

Trafficking negates the consensual aspect of the contract.

They say that turning people into commodities is dehumanising, so any form of work whereby I offer my services for money, turns me and my professional services into a commodity.

As with any extreme thought that people want to force on others they tend to get the wording wrong and over egg their case.

The U.S. Government adopted a strong position against prostitution in a December 2002 policy decision, which notes that prostitution is inherently harmful and dehumanizing and fuels trafficking in persons. Turning people into dehumanized commodities creates an enabling environment for human trafficking. The United States Government opposes prostitution and any related activities, including pimping, pandering, or maintaining brothels as contributing to the phenomenon of trafficking in persons. These activities should not be regulated as a legitimate form of work for any human being.

We tend to think that sex between consenting adults , whether gay or for money, is acceptable and is not the legitimate concern of politicians.

The mixing in of trafficking issues with the home sex industry is a clever ploy.

They say that turning people into commodities is dehumanising, so any form of work whereby I offer my services for money, turns me and my professional services into a commodity.

As with any extreme thought that people want to force on others they tend to get the wording wrong and over egg their case.

May be they could introduce Fair Trade Hookers like they do with tea and coffee... so the exploiters in the Wall Street can feel less shame.

I note the phrase "...prostitution is inherently harmful" without reference to any evidence. Does it differ from the consumption of alcohol or tobacco, which both make lots of money for the government?

Watch the movie... HUMAN TRAFFICKING it was on last night.... you will see when they started this rightful crusade.. I am sure the film is near the truth.