Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danrogers

Best idea of when

7 posts in this topic

Like many average punters on this forum I assume this new law will come in and therefore the big question is when ?

I dont want a debate on the probabilities of the whether the law will come in or not , or, the rights ands wrongs or injustices of it ALL I want is an idea of when from those here skilled enough (as some clearly are) to say WHEN its likely to happen.

reason is I am maximising my opportunaties now in case this happens and Ive a tough timeframe to see all the people I want to see etc etc and getting the cash sorted etc etc so any idea of how long Ive got to do this would be welcome.

I suspect I am not alone on this

So please all you semi legal experts who know more than a thing or two just say when at its earliest this law could come in.

NB just think IF I do all I want and spend all ive got - then - sods law it wont come in anyway .....

If the law does come in force will it make any difference people still curb crawl , not me I hasten to add :rolleyes:

Like many average punters on this forum I assume this new law will come in and therefore the big question is when ?

I dont want a debate on the probabilities of the whether the law will come in or not , or, the rights ands wrongs or injustices of it ALL I want is an idea of when from those here skilled enough (as some clearly are) to say WHEN its likely to happen.

reason is I am maximising my opportunaties now in case this happens and Ive a tough timeframe to see all the people I want to see etc etc and getting the cash sorted etc etc so any idea of how long Ive got to do this would be welcome.

So please all you semi legal experts who know more than a thing or two just say when at its earliest this law could come in.

NB just think IF I do all I want and spend all ive got - then - sods law it wont come in anyway .....

in the press release they said "within a year"

This gives a very rough idea of how a bill/act progresses through from first reading to Royal assent (becomes law), depending upon prevailing conditions the procedure can vary from a couple of days (emergency bills) to a couple of years (contentious bills) right through to the long grass; which is a rather drawn out way of saying that I haven't got a clue, however I will be surprised if it hasn't made a lot of progress by the middle of 2009, or been scrapped.

Thanks to the experts of the site.

OK so middle of next year is what I will work to now wheres my calculator.

Must admit had 5 one hour punts this last week but its all a bit much for the senses to assimilitate

Hey Dan atta boy live life today as if there is no tommorrow if the law doesnt get you the old man upstairs might get you before next year anyway:) --- so don't hold back - law or no law !!

Must admit had 5 one hour punts this last week but its all a bit much for the senses to assimilitate

Keep it up! You will help the country spend its way out of recession.