Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Interested

Tottenham Sauna closed down and derelict

9 posts in this topic

I drove past Tottenham Sauna in Lordship Lane today and it has closed down. It is boarded up with the signs over the shop front gone. In fact, there is a TO LET sign outside the premises which now resemble a derelict building. This is the end of an era as the Irish lady ran that place for more than 20 years, going back to when it was called the Bay Health Studio. Does anyone know what happened? Is it due to the recession? Or did the owner have retire and go back to Ireland?

Strange that no one here knows anything about this place, which was busy back in the day.

I drove past Tottenham Sauna in Lordship Lane today and it has closed down. It is boarded up with the signs over the shop front gone. In fact, there is a TO LET sign outside the premises which now resemble a derelict building. This is the end of an era as the Irish lady ran that place for more than 20 years, going back to when it was called the Bay Health Studio. Does anyone know what happened? Is it due to the recession? Or did the owner have retire and go back to Ireland?

never heard of it?? is it near the tottenham hotspur stadium:confused:

Yes Tottenham Hotspurs are buying up a lot of land and property around their ground as they plan to build a new stadium and regenerate the area. Dont know why this shop would be to let though.....cant be part of this scheme.

we all know spurs are a bunch of whores, so makes sense.

Brucie, I do agree with a lot of your comments on this forum, but this one is totally incorrect :D

Yes Tottenham Hotspurs are buying up a lot of land and property around their ground as they plan to build a new stadium and regenerate the area. Dont know why this shop would be to let though.....cant be part of this scheme.

The outline plans for Tottenham didn't go near Lordship Lane and I wouldn't expect property in that area to be involved in any buy out.

The only sauna I am aware of is in the part of Lordship Lane where the main road bends to the right, lordship lane continues straight, whereas the main road leads to Bruce Grove.

Lordship lane continues straight, the sauna was a little further down on the right.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4RNWN_enGB319GB320&q=lordship+lane+tottenham&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Lordship+Ln,+Tottenham,+Greater+London&gl=uk&ei=3UlxS5HIJI-RjAfypMTGCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAkQ8gEwAA

I have never been as it always looked run down or closed.

Is (was) that the one being discussd or have I missed one somewhere near:mad:

HB

you're not associated with the french mob down the road by any chance, are you? come on you spurs!

It was at 25 Lordship Lane, right next to the bridge and 30 seconds walk from the High Road.