Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danrogers

scared stiff

8 posts in this topic

Been lots of threads about the fear blokes have of the other half finding out about their punting etc etc.

I wondered if we could have a few tales hopefully real ones about where the other half did find out Or almost found out but got sidetracked ie where it almost ended in disaster but it did or didnt.

heres a taster

Bloke I see in the pub is also into punting (long story but we were on about ways of making a fortune one boozy night and he said get a flat put a WG in) thats how we go onto punting he owned up to punting as did I, we only ever see each other by accident in the pub and we aint gonna tell on each other..

He knows a situation went like this.

This guy had a 2hr session with a WG and his wife thought he was at work that afternoon.

But this guy parked his car in a long stay carpark and somehow when he got back to the car he managed to get the carpark sticcker ticket off his screen and onto his daily paper on the frt passenger seat.

He gets home tosses the paper to his missus and goes for a shower.

Later his missus asks if he got the paper that morning where he normally did and he says yes.

She asks has it been in the car all day ? he says yes (he didnt see it coming)

then why is this attached said his missus thrusting the parking screen sticker with carpark name and times on it under his nose.

seems the guy said he was swatting a wasp that tried to get into the car when he got in it to come home (it was summer) and the paper fell out of his hands to the ground so must have picked up the ticket then and goodness knows how the ticket got on the ground just there must have 'fallen off' a car what had parked in that carpark today.

Amazing how these things happen he said.

(applause)

this could be a very intresting post/subject :rolleyes: Im sure a few people will remember how some punters got out of trouble to save there own skin

....this could be a very intresting post/subject :rolleyes:

Not if it's posted under this section, coz nobody'll read it!;)

Bloke I see in the pub is also into punting (long story but we were on about ways of making a fortune one boozy night and he said get a flat put a WG in) thats how we go onto punting he owned up to punting as did I,

Another wannabe pimp?

Why is it, that some blokes think that this is acceptable?

Because they're too damn stupid to realise it's illegal? :rolleyes:

Because they're too damn stupid to realise it's illegal? :rolleyes:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, this is where the whole debate regarding "control" starts, because if all that a "pimp" does is to take a cut then, in theory, the "pimp" is not breaking the law.

this was purely a fantasy evening in a pub feulled by at least 2 bottles worth of brandy

we also spoke of the lotto as a route to a fortune.u

While I completely accept SaSfan's point, and understand Dan's (that it was a drunken conversation, with no real plans to take it further), as I see it if you're a landlord looking to let specifically to WGs, why do you think you can make more than market rent because you're renting to a WG? ("Get a flat, put a WG in" from the OP)

If you own your flat/house outright you can, of course, let it to whoever you like, at whatever rate the market will bear. If you still have a mortgage on it, you can't. You need a "buy to let" mortgage if you're letting. You need buildings insurance. You need a lease. The lease would have to recognise that your tenant will be running a business from home, with all the attendant hassle for the neighbours - there may be local council orders that forbid same.

What do you do if "your" WG trashes your flat and refuses to pay rent at all, let alone at some artificially inflated rate?

* Suggests the OP and his pal should stick with the lottery*