Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
met012

Free Flash player

8 posts in this topic

I have googled but I completely confused. Can anyone suggest me a free flash player that can play files in the extension *.flv for windows. Its so I can watch youtube and blinkx.com without having to revisit their sites everytime.

Your help is appreciated.

Just google KMPlayer, a great free multi format player. :)

I have googled but I completely confused. Can anyone suggest me a free flash player that can play files in the extension *.flv for windows. Its so I can watch youtube and blinkx.com without having to revisit their sites everytime.

Here you go.

Er, how about Flash.

The most annoying response in any forum I find is the one that says go use Google. What is the point of a forum if Google is the only response.

You could try this little free converter program to convert flv to either AVI or MPG. Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter 1.2

You can download the flv from Savevid.com after inputting the url.

Realplayer does the job. Available from real.com and plays all sorts of other files too. Plus it will allow you to download youtube vids etc. direct to your computer with one click, and they'll be flv files too.

Thanks to all I now have a sticky keyboard! I guess Sasfan was right since I omitted to mention the operating system I am still using is Wins98.

Thanks once again.

Not just videos from Youtube or Blinkx, but any flash video if opened in Internet Explorer, will get downloaded to your Windows Temporary Internet Folder when its fully buffered. All you have to do is as sson as the video is buffered, copy the video file from Temp folder to your desired directory. Almost all websites uses Flash for playing videos. Doesn't work if Firefox is used.