Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BollyWood

Agency Site loading Trojan (spyware)

5 posts in this topic

When going to the UK Sugar Babes website, Kapersky warned of the site trying load a Trojan.

So beware as they appear a number of times on the FR's which is where I connected from.

Its common to pick up Trojans via Web Banners and Advertising.

By getting a programme like NoScript installed it will automatically block this or any pop ups that may contain viruses trojans.

I too have Kasperksy and it blocks all Banners Automatically (they appear as white empty boxes).

Not mentioning names but a certain Electrical Retailer also had this problem with their online store picking up from Banners.

Very true. I often wonder why some girls + agencies put these on, it suggests to me they have lost sight of the purpose of the site. It is an advert, using banner ads as a source of revenue is counter productive, advertising something else takes visitors away.

By getting a programme like NoScript installed it will automatically block this or any pop ups that may contain viruses trojans.

Now that you mention NoScript, have you had any problems with on-line credit card purchases, and NoScript? I tried (four times) today to make a major investment of £6 with a government organisation, which uses netbanx.com as its card processing agent, which NoScript isn't to happy about, but when it then takes a pop-up from Verified by Visa the bloody thing hangs.....

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

I had one site that I couldn't get the Verified by Visa to work when trying to order Windows 7, even after allowing all the likely scripts on the site.

I think I went elsewhere in the end, although I've had no problems with VbyV on any sites since then.