anjali

Mobile payments

9 posts in this topic

Not for this industry, but

I am looking at accepting credit cards when on the road, has anybody knowledge of squareup.com as the site is about as informative as a piece of blank paper, or paypal's mobile checkout?

Main things im wondering esp with the latter are ease of use

and customers acceptance of it being legit, if I was to create a mobile payment page on a site, then bring that up on my phone, hand the phone over for them to do the business, pretty much like the mobile pdq im using now (im trying to reduce costs)

Thanks

Not for this industry, but

I am looking at accepting credit cards when on the road, has anybody knowledge of squareup.com as the site is about as informative as a piece of blank paper, or paypal's mobile checkout?

Main things im wondering esp with the latter are ease of use

and customers acceptance of it being legit, if I was to create a mobile payment page on a site, then bring that up on my phone, hand the phone over for them to do the business, pretty much like the mobile pdq im using now (im trying to reduce costs)

Thanks

I have no knowledge of the two you mention, but in my 'real' job I use Adelante; http://www.adelante.co.uk/ which is fast and simple and very rarely have any issues with it.

Once the company has set up with them, the individual user can download a Java application to their mobile phone and process payments on it.

I see no reason why you shouldn't hand the phone to the customer to input their own details for privacy reasons, although my customers are often drunk so unless I want a fiasco, it's easier to do it for them!

Thanks both, the laptop option is do able at a push, but space and security means i would prefer not to, as often when loading/unloading, its quicker not to lock up.

Thanks both, the laptop option is do able at a push, but space and security means i would prefer not to, as often when loading/unloading, its quicker not to lock up.

Forgive my ignorance but would a Blackberry not help? or perhaps a dedicated smaller notepad.

Thanks Helen, I have no idea tbh, I use an xda for customer survey, and appointments, so the plan was to exploit the internet option on that using paypal, so will a Blackberry offer anything beyond that?

Don't use paypal. They don't want to work with the adult industry, and won't be happy if you're found out. I'm sure others will have more information on this than I do.

The OP said it wasn't for this industry...

Ah, you're absolutely right, Claire. Sorry, OP. :P