Jonnybgood

Windows 7 GodMode.

5 posts in this topic

I dont know how many of you Windows 7 users know about GodMode, its an application that gives you access to every setting and option in windows without searching through each menu for it. And GodMode is for everyone not just Moderators :). Here's how to get it.

• Right click desktop select new and make a new folder.
  • Rename the folder with the following including the name GodMode.
  • GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
  • Double click the folder and there you have it.

I dont know how it works to me its PFM, give me a bag of bits and I'll make you a computer but when it comes to software Im left scratching my head. A word of warning dont try and use this with any other version of windows, its good at crashing vista.

As for Windows 7 Im very pleased with it, its the quickest starting computer Ive had, the only problem Ive had was getting internet access and that was down to aol. They were so good I even lost my connection on my old computer, can any body recommend BT.

I use them and have had excellent service (BT I mean).

It can be a tad difficult to report a fault but once you have done so they seem to know exactly what to do to resolve an issue.

I use them and have had excellent service (BT I mean).

It can be a tad difficult to report a fault but once you have done so they seem to know exactly what to do to resolve an issue.

O hate to disagree with the mods innit ;), but I switched from BT broadband after consistently awful customer service. I've found them to be the most irritating and frustrating company to deal with, even extending to their petty little jobsworth site inspectors and their crummy rulebooks. Their enginners are good though as at least they have a little common sense. Aaaargh they drive me crazy!:)

Sorry, but you asked for anyone who has dealt with them.

Hey thanks for GODMODE....brilliant.

As for BT - I've had them for years, can't complain - only time it was down was due to a broken cable that someone had wreked with a JCB.

This has been doing the rounds for some time, and is hardly a 'God Mode'... indeed given the effectiveness of Start Menu search feature built into Win 7 it is of dubious value (especially as it only exists to facilitate that search), as explained by Micro$oft developed Brandon Paddock:

http://brandonlive.com/2010/01/04/the-so-called-god-mode/

B