Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lynn

What does one talk about when the client.........

14 posts in this topic

........ hardly speaks any English?

I am not being flippant but the other thread prompted me to ask this as in the last few years I have met just a few clients who spoke hardly any English or had a very bad understanding of our language. This was nothing to do with my accent ;) as I speak clearly and pronounce all my words properly :D

Have any of you ladies endured a longish booking with a client who kept asking you to repeat what you said, or when he spoke, you had to continually work out what he was trying to say?

Very hard work. Some men say they don't pay a lady to talk. No, but if she didn't or couldn't understand his language, the session would not be quite so much fun.

Would it?

I couldn't agree more Adele. With all the foreign WGs now working here, an admission in a profile of limited English, or a profile which in its writing suggests that, tends to make me immediately look elsewhere.

........ hardly speaks any English?

I am not being flippant but the other thread prompted me to ask this as in the last few years I have met just a few clients who spoke hardly any English or had a very bad understanding of our language. This was nothing to do with my accent ;) as I speak clearly and pronounce all my words properly :D

Have any of you ladies endured a longish booking with a client who kept asking you to repeat what you said, or when he spoke, you had to continually work out what he was trying to say?

Very hard work. Some men say they don't pay a lady to talk. No, but if she didn't or couldn't understand his language, the session would not be quite so much fun.

Would it?

Very good post.... I agree with every word of it. :D

I would like to add that I have clients from all over the world.... being able to converse is important to me.

Edited by LouisaPSUk
wanted to add more... sorry x

surely a mainly massage based punt would not be a problem for a customer with limited english. you can let your hands do the talkin ,No?

Yep. Works both ways though.

Luckily for us though we have a choice. We can buy British!

OP's comment and posters reply noted on a thread about comprehension :D:)

I couldn't agree more Adele. With all the foreign WGs now working here, an admission in a profile of limited English, or a profile which in its writing suggests that, tends to make me immediately look elsewhere.

surely a mainly massage based punt would not be a problem for a customer with limited english. you can let your hands do the talkin ,No?
I certainly don't talk during massage and anyway I was always told its rude to talk with you mouth full ;)

English girls are the best !

Because:

1) You can natter away with them about football (Liverpool !) yay !

2) They have the same cultural and social background and the same folk memories - they'll know who were Delboy and Minder and they'll say what they were doing when they heard that Princess Diana had died)

It's much more enjoyable and relaxing when you're with a girl who knows the score.

;)

I certainly don't talk during massage and anyway I was always told its rude to talk with you mouth full ;)

yes or you could let your mouth do the talking.........??? :D

i saw this romanian wg with very limited english, i wasn't bothered at the time as she was so beautiful, just stunning, any way I just ended up taking the lead once I realised she didn't understand much. i saw her again last year and her english is now good.

English girls are the best !

Because:

1) You can natter away with them about football (Liverpool !) yay !

2) They have the same cultural and social background and the same folk memories - they'll know who were Delboy and Minder and they'll say what they were doing when they heard that Princess Diana had died)

It's much more enjoyable and relaxing when you're with a girl who knows the score.

:D

I didn't think many clients would want me to talk football with them ;)

Yep. Works both ways though.

Luckily for us though we have a choice. We can buy British!

Can I ask why you have a choice but we don't ;)

Can I just remind you ( hides behind sofa ) that this thread was really about asking the ladies how they cope when the clients are struggling with the English language.

Not the guys who don't want talk, more the guys who want to but it is such hard work for them to understand us.

Thank you

2) They have the same cultural and social background and the same folk memories - they'll know who were Delboy and Minder

LOL at trying to think where a conversation featuring Minder comes into an evening's 'entertainment' with a lady ;)