Tarquin

Is it acceptable to start a Thread?

96 posts in this topic

Concerning the "no show" of a WG regardless of whether or not she is a member of board or only if she is a member of the board, or not at all on both counts? Currently there is no way of bringing this situation to the attention of others, as one has to have parted with ones cash to be able to submit a FR. What's one to do?

Concerning the "no show" of a WG regardless of whether or not she is a member of board or only if she is a member of the board, or not at all on both counts? Currently there is no way of bringing this situation to the attention of others, as one has to have parted with ones cash to be able to submit a FR. What's one to do?

The best you can do is post about the experience on here so others are aware, but of course this doesnt help those that only read FRs and not the board, which i assume is a lot more punters.

The same scenario applies for walk out punts where the lady has lied or misled so you leave without paying.

Personally i think punters should be able to submit FRs in these circumstances as my walk out experiences have shown me these are bad providers which others should know about, but not my site, so not my rules.

Personally i think punters should be able to submit FRs in these circumstances as my walk out experiences have shown me these are bad providers which others should know about, but not my site, so not my rules.

By the same token, should wgs be "allowed" to write reports about lousy clients :confused:

By the same token, should wgs be "allowed" to write reports about lousy clients :confused:

Do you think they should.

Yes it is reasonable within reasonable limits.

However carrying spats on throught at least three seperate threads is not reasonable behaviour.

By definition a "lousy client" is not bad enough to be a "dangerous client" (and I'm assuming we are not using "lousy" literally) but if Punters are permitted to post on the board disparaging comments about WGs who, without over much effort, can be identified, I cannot see that WGs should be barred from referring to Punters' manners, personal hygiene, and/or propensity to be TWs or NoShows.

After all, the WGs professional life is at stake, whereas the punter only risks his recreation, and, in any case, can be reborn under a new avatar with a new SIM card without much effort.

Fair is fair, innit? (Shuffles off to apply deodorant and mouth-wash...)

Just for the record my intention was not to attack anyone merely to give a situation a chance to resolve itself first before 'reporting' on it. Concern for both parties - guy could look silly, girl could be attacked on the forum or mocked when there could be a good reason behind it.

Hopefully things will be resolved today.

Once again I do not/did not intend to attack anyone on this forum apologies if you thought this.

I see no reason why it shoud not be mentioned here, but pehaps names should be omitted until at least the lines of communication between both parties have been re-opened, or given enough time to be declared buggered. IYSWIM.

I think it would be unacceptable if one were not able to do so.

I once had very real thoughts of doing just what this thread asks, but within 24 hours I had settled for being stood up, and in fact rather than pursue a line of enquiry that I thought would blow away the feeble excuse I'd been given for the punt being aborted, I decided against when I realised by doing so I could be opening up a can of worms for the said 'lady.'

In other words, give time for the pride to settle down and move on.

On another occasion a circa 500 mile round trip with a 'no show, result did test the patience a little, but the situation was rescued for me and in the end I had a punt that I'd guess was every bit as good as the one I'd intended having. :confused:

So what time period would be the accepted standard to give the other party chance to get in touch, before reporting this?

IMHO, letting someone down prior to an appointment is unfortunate, letting someone down and making excuses afterwards is disrespectful. About 3 years ago, I had a serious, life threatening ailment, but from my hospital bed, I felt the overwhelming need to instruct my eldest son to make my excuses for missing a couple of forthcoming appointments. The respect for the people I deal with came before my own health.

Note to self; If ever incapacitated I shall instruct a family member to contact clients to cancel my appointments.

Not sure some guys would be too happy with that one! Sometimes things do happen and you can't get in touch with folk - I was once in an accident couldn't use my phone as it was in the wreckage of my car, and another time had had to put a stop/block on my phone after it was stolen from me. Didn't have a chance/wasn't able to cancel appointments. Day or two later said clients contacted me to ask if I was ok and I told them the truth. Not an excuse or tall tale at all.

Some situations do arise that mean you can't cancel in advance.

So what time period would be the accepted standard to give the other party chance to get in touch, before reporting this?

As i always confirm before setting off i have very rarely experienced a no show, but if i did now i would post whenever i felt like it, there is and cannot be an accepted standard as we all view things differently IMO.

If i agree an appointment with a lady and confirm it just before setting off to hers i wouldnt be happy if she wasnt there or not answering the door. Of course the unexpected could of happened, so i do and would bear that in mind.

Assuming no response to phone/Email and if the lady in question is a board member then I would discount the time element and work on appearance, that is I would wait until she logs on (or if she runs in "Invisible" mode, until she makes a post), then if there is no response to PMs ............

How long's a piece of string, Strawberry? :confused: The only thing that I can suggest is a minimum of several hours, to give a chance of communication between the two involved.

As SaSfan says, it would seem to be unacceptable to permit reports on timewasting clients but not on ladies who (without warning) fail to keep appointments. However, under the structures of the Board, and bearing in mind the absolute need to prevent unwarranted personal attacks, I can see no way (other than setting up a pre-modded sub-Board) of ensuring that the lady has a reasonable chance to explain the circumstances which prevented her from keeping the appointment before the thing goes public. Without some safeguards I feel that it would be invidious.

Assuming no response to phone/Email and if the lady in question is a board member then I would discount the time element and work on appearance, that is I would wait until she logs on (or if she runs in "Invisible" mode, until she makes a post), then if there is no response to PMs ............

Sorry to go off topic in a serious thread, but I'm sure many posters are thinking the same as me. What is invisible mode ?

Note to self; If ever incapacitated I shall instruct a family member to contact clients to cancel my appointments.

Not sure some guys would be too happy with that one!

What difference would it make to anyone if your family member made the call :confused:

Sometimes things do happen and you can't get in touch with folk - I was once in an accident couldn't use my phone as it was in the wreckage of my car, and another time had had to put a stop/block on my phone after it was stolen from me. Didn't have a chance/wasn't able to cancel appointments. Day or two later said clients contacted me to ask if I was ok and I told them the truth. Not an excuse or tall tale at all.

Some situations do arise that mean you can't cancel in advance.

Very rare in my own experience.

However, I have also been privi to a gaggle of working girls discussing the best excuse to give to a punter after letting him down. All the loose ends are talked about and as a group, they vow to back each other up if the heat gets too much.

If she was a board member i might well do the same as yourself, i would certainly PM her when i got home. This hasnt happened in any of my many punts with ladies off the board, all have gone well or better as my FRs and/or posts make clear.

What is invisible mode ?

Here you go, the giveaway clue that a member is using "Invisible" mode is to look at the "Last visit" date for that member, if it is set to "N/A" then "Invisible" mode is in use.

Sorry to go off topic in a serious thread, but I'm sure many posters are thinking the same as me. What is invisible mode ?

I see SaS has explained it.

I think one of points I tried unsucessfully to make last night was, that it isn't just a case of informing the board members of a "no show", rather in the case whereby the "no shower" is a member here then where else better to mention it as soon as possible just in case something untoward had become her. Other members or WG's or Punters privy to her personal contact details could at least get in touch with her to ascertain that she was infact ok.

Tarquin, I take the point which you are making. Last night's thread seemed to me to start with a genuine enquiry from someone concerned that something dire might have happened to a Board member.

Had it been an experienced Board member, they might well have logged in, looked at the absentee's profile, and sent PMs to those listed as 'Friends' asking if the lady was ok.

However, it would be quite possible to start such a thread with malice aforethought, if someone was so inclined.

Rare yes but have happened to me in the 3 and a bit years I've been doing this. I could furnish any doubter with documents to prove my car was in a smash and of course a crime reference number for the phone theft. All true especially as I then had to buy a new car/blackberry after each incident. Bit of a large expense to go to simply not to see a guy!

Ermm there have been many threads from guys concerned about discretion, being put off by the idea a WG's phone could be accessed by a third party etc.

I did bite a little at it since it was only last week we had a thread get out of hand over a similar incident. During that thread it was concluded it might be an idea to see if the lady and client could communicate and perhaps sort something out before inflaming things using the forum. Whilst there are lots of folk here who do care, there are those waiting to score points and generally denegrate the whole business.