JKay

Moonfruit...........

8 posts in this topic

Whats it all about?

Need to pass on some advice but I dont have any idea how it works? A website needs to be set up, needs to be cheap to construct and easy to get up and running, would moonfruit be the best place to start?

Its dead simple and very intuitive to make work.

Moonfruit is very easy, register, pick a template and start building. They have just introduced a new toolbar which is slightly more complicated to use than the previous, but I think they still have the option for the simple toolbar, which is much easier to use if inexperienced with it.

webs.com is so simple and free.

I found Moonfruit very intuitive and simple to use (and I am a website novice). It is free, the online help is great and I am very pleased with the result. It's a doddle to maintain as well (and never at the beck and call of a webmaster).

I'd give it a go, just for the entertainment value (but I'm like that). If you get stuck, feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can help.

I prefer 1and1 by miles more than the others. It does it all SEO, design templates, online shop the full monty. You can pay as much or as little as you want with them. A wicked one stop shop!

I can highly recommend Moonfruit. It took just a couple of hours to build my website and I currently have 10 pages. I am old skool FrontPage (don't even say it!) and found this so simple it surprises me all the time.

It's free webspace too. Sitmaker, who runs the Moonfruit webspace has soooo many capabilities, they should pay me for this thread! lol I just bought my domain name from them last night, £8.99 (no sure if cheapest) all within my sitemaker panel and within 10 minutes I could go to that url and it would instantly redirect, taking that job off me too. Although it did have editing options, incase you wanted to change that. I put in a few keywords and a description and set up Google analytics and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) which comes in wizard format anyway and still had time to pop in the PN chat room.

And whilst I slept, bots danced around the words on my website like pixies, keywording and indexing like avid librarians and hey presto, bob was your uncle! :)

And to think, I was petrified of the software when I first looked at it...!:)

If I can help with anything Sitemaker, just message me, maybe I can help. :D

Carlie x

Thank you all for the advice, I got talked into constructing a website for a Lady who was setting up a place with another work mate, I got something put together with out to much trouble, even found a free email provider that had an address that fitted (@london.com) everything was set to go live a couple of days later, then she finds out her to be work partner had a dodgey bloke behind her and she dumps it like crap in a lucky dip! Good for her to find out before its to late, but a bugger for me, well at least I have a new skill!