Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danrogers

Radio 4 next wednesday 4pm

10 posts in this topic

On radio 4 next wednesday at 4pm is a program where punters give views on how they see punting

trailer I heard mention how one person said its like renting a girlfriend (or similar words)

May be original may be same old anti-punting stuff

hear and see what you think

women never can see the real reason men pay for sex

OK they think they can but they cant

always been the same and it will never change

So why try changing it after all I cant stop it getting dark when I want to mow my lawn and I have to stop, I accept that

just as I accept the strange views most women have on prostitution

women never can see the real reason men pay for sex

OK they think they can but they cant

always been the same and it will never change

So why try changing it after all I cant stop it getting dark when I want to mow my lawn and I have to stop, I accept that

just as I accept the strange views most women have on prostitution

Happily, not all women think like Bindel. :D

For the life of me, I fail to understand why a man hating, misogynistic, rad fem lesbian should feel she has anything useful to add in an analysis of paid sex between consenting heterosexuals.

Perhaps she should stick to demonstrating outside sushi bars.

Laurie Taylor's Thinking Allowed is usually very good, he analyses very dispassionately. I listen to the podcast of this program every week.

Looks like this programme as billed never happened. Wednesday's edition of Thinking Allowed didn't cover this topic.

Does anyone know whether this topic was abandoned altogether or whether it will appear in a later edition of the programme?

Looks like this programme as billed never happened. Wednesday's edition of Thinking Allowed didn't cover this topic.

Does anyone know whether this topic was abandoned altogether or whether it will appear in a later edition of the programme?

Now scheduled for March 1st according to radiotimes.co.uk.

Thinking Allowed

Monday 01 March

12:15am - 12:45am

BBC Radio 4

Why do men pay for sex? Laurie Taylor explores a new study of over 100 London men who regularly use prostitutes.

why men pay is a poor question

we all know why we pay cos its not free

its never 'free' even in marriage etc

in fact economically sometimes its actually cheaper to have pay as you go than have a legit wife

a few high power media cases have illustrated that surely

personally having been married, I would rather have PAYG and get a top up when I need it.

Now scheduled for March 1st according to radiotimes.co.uk.

Thinking Allowed

Monday 01 March

12:15am - 12:45am

BBC Radio 4

Why do men pay for sex? Laurie Taylor explores a new study of over 100 London men who regularly use prostitutes.

This is a repeat of Wednesday's programme, so I'll be surprised if it is carries the above described programme as Wednesday's didn't. I suspect radiotimes.co.uk hasn't been updated to reflect the prgramme change. The Thinking Allowed page on the BBC Radio 4 web site at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qy05 has the correct programme details. No mention on this site as to when, if ever, the "Why do men pay for sex?" feature will be broadcast.

personally having been married, I would rather have PAYG and get a top up when I need it.

I see what you mean - it could get very expensive getting an upgrade every time your contract comes up for renewal :o