Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kenobi

iTunes help please.

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

Does anyone know how to change the order that podcasts are displayed/played on an iPod and iTunes? On my iPod they are displayed in descending date order which is fine until I discover a completely new set of podcasts that I download then would like to listen to in order. I'd like to reverse that order so I can listen to the oldest first.

I work outside and have to keep my iPod under layers of work clothes so I really don't want to keep having to unzip and muck around with the controls every time an episode finishes to get to the next one.

I realise it's a little thing but it bugs me, so hopefully I'm just being thick and missing something very simple. The only category it gives me to change the order of is "contacts" and I don't have any of them on the iPod, in fact I'm at a loss as to why that's even on there. I have an iPod Classic by the way.

Thanks in advance,

K

Sorry Obi, I don't know anything about it as I would help you lol. :confused::D:) xxx

Hi,

Does anyone know how to change the order that podcasts are displayed/played on an iPod and iTunes? On my iPod they are displayed in descending date order which is fine until I discover a completely new set of podcasts that I download then would like to listen to in order. I'd like to reverse that order so I can listen to the oldest first.

I work outside and have to keep my iPod under layers of work clothes so I really don't want to keep having to unzip and muck around with the controls every time an episode finishes to get to the next one.

I realise it's a little thing but it bugs me, so hopefully I'm just being thick and missing something very simple. The only category it gives me to change the order of is "contacts" and I don't have any of them on the iPod, in fact I'm at a loss as to why that's even on there. I have an iPod Classic by the way.

Thanks in advance,

K

I have just read this :-

Can I change the order podcasts play? I just subscribed to a regular podcast and am trying to catch up on two years worth of casts. My iPod wants to play them in decending order, from most recent to last. Can I tell it to play from oldest to newest? So far, I haven't found a setting for that. Thanks in advance.

here, I don't know what it means or if it is of any use, but this :-

Make a Playlist, sort as you like, sync it to iPod.

And a Smart Playlist would be even better, to remove podcast that have playcount >0

was the reply.

Kenobi you always need help in one way or another, are you a bit like Nice but Dim Tim? :confused::rolleyes:

I have just read this :-

here, I don't know what it means or if it is of any use, but this :-

was the reply.

Hey thanks SaSfan, that sounds like it could work - I'll try it. :D

It beats me that a technology (iPod and iTunes combined) that's in many ways so user friendly could be illogical in a pretty fundamental area. :confused:

But hey, it's not like it's end of the world, right? :rolleyes:

Kenobi you always need help in one way or another, are you a bit like Nice but Dim Tim?

Ha ha, fair point! :o:D Although I though I could rely on you for Sage advice :rolleyes::confused:

Hi Kenobi, I have an iPod Touch and the following works fine:

1. Make an 'On The Go Playlist' on your device

2. Click 'edit'

3. Touch the right of the sceen and hold

4. Drag to where you want it to appear in the list

You can even pull in other podacasts and list them in the order in which you want.

As I said, it works for the Touch so it may well work for other iPods.

If it does not, then try the above but with the center button held down.

Hope this helps mate.

If I've understood this correctly you need to manually sort the playlist on the computer then copy it to the iPod. If you go to the File Info you can add track numbers to listen to them sequentially. Options will allow you to remember the playback position too.

Thanks Viz that works! ;)

Also thanks to SaSfan and Mr W ;)

Mr Viz alway's comes to the rescue lol ;):):);) xxx

Mr Viz always comes to the rescue lol :rolleyes::D:):( xxx

Keep that in mind the next time you need rescuing ;)xxx