Ghenghis

Return flights to Thailand

83 posts in this topic

As I now have family in Thailand and have been invited out for a visit, can anyone point me towards or suggest cheap but reasonable return flights to Thailand? Is Bangkok best to go to then an internal flight? What are the wrinkles?

Are there best times to fly and does that mean lousy weather?

Is there somewhere either en route to fly to or further on, where a stopover in Thailand becomes cheaper?

I am also asking them the same question(s) but have not had anything back.

Try EVA Air - they seems to have good deals in all classes. Have travelled with them several times and whilst not in the Singapore Airlines class , they are more than ok. Flights are direct, non-stop, from Heathrow.

For stopovers try Emirates (Dubai), Etihad (Abu Dhabi) or Jet Airways (Mumbai).

Lots of cheapo internal flights.

hi ghenghis. yes can saveing money if stop dubai and abu dhabi first. and qatar is same like that.

it good becose u haveing only waiting maybe 1 or 2 hour time. is good for your muscle for have break and walking. also can smoking break:D

this 3 air service is good. all them air playne is new and clean and haveing personal tv witdh many choiyce and games. i love them games:D

all them is ok for go from heathrow if ok for not far from you home.

aisha

x.

So cute but I agree..I am going Ethiad via Abu Dhabi in April with an hour stop over. Ideal for,as Aisha says,stretching the legs etc,plus legroom is better and service is good. Am going Chiang Mae,Phuket and Samui for exploration..Kap kun mak na krab Aisha

When I went last year I flew with Thai Air. Being a tall chap I really appreciated the fact that they have extra leg room 34" compared to others which are only 30".

Over an 11 hour flight you really get to appreciate the extra 4 inches!!

Eva air have some great deals from LHR. Book on their own site but I booked on e-bookers 2/3 weeks ago £645 on the Evergreen deluxe, their premium economy. I have flown this before and the extra for 2 12hr flights with the better seats and room in my opinion worth the money, however last week got an e-mail from e bookers with a sale and same dates £595, shit happens.

I have flown economy on Eva about 5 times always punctual and decent flight staff, good inflight entertainment cant knock it.

The flight times are good, leave 9.30pm (ish) arrive 2-3pm local time. Return leaves about 8.30am but the Monday return flight 10.30 (ish)

Sept/Oct is rainy season, not sure if cheaper then but its wetter.

As with everyone Xmas is just a rip off

As I now have family in Thailand and have been invited out for a visit, can anyone point me towards or suggest cheap but reasonable return flights to Thailand? Is Bangkok best to go to then an internal flight? What are the wrinkles?

Is there somewhere either en route to fly to or further on, where a stopover in Thailand becomes cheaper?

Cheapest time ,would be the week after Easter in April.From 16 april ,that's the low season for airlines .

Weather wise it would be dry and hot day time ,but little rain .

Went there last week April 09 and the the 3 weeks in may09

,and i thought it would be hotter ,but was ok and quite bearable .In fact you get a lot of discounts all around ,so it is worth it ..

If you fly with Thai airlines ,you get huge discounts on its internal flights within Thailand ..

Another possibility and a cheaper direct flight option ,would be with Australian airlines Qantas .Check fares with Trailfinders . We paid £570 return flights london to Sydney and Melbourne ,with free stopovers in Bangkok , so just Bangkok ,it would be even cheaper .

Indirect cheap flights ,would be Air Asia to Bangkok via KL ,and again they do cheap flights within Thailand .

Avoid transitting Kuwait or India. Neither are v enjoyable. Qatar, Etihad both v good. Emirates less so. EVA have a good premium economy fare for not much

more cash.

:confused::confused::rolleyes:, surely a PM to Jimmy would suffice. :D

:confused::confused:, surely a PM to Jimmy would suffice. :D

Jimmy who?? :rolleyes:

I agree about EVA Air, good aircraft good service, cute trolley dollies, and If you are flexible on dates you can get a good price, they are doing non-stop Ecom faires for about £450.

Also a one stop flight In the Gulf or India Is an option, last year I flew with Emirates for the first time, sale price of £339, brand new plane, 3hr stop off at Dubai, just enough time to get through security, stretch legs and ready to board for Bkk, though I wouldn't fancy a 8hr stop over In a airport, so you need to check.

Thai as mentioned Is good, but have noticed some of their prices have gone up, BA always seams to be on the dearer side too.

The site I tend to use with good sucess Is http://www.travelsupermarket.com/Default.aspx just bash In some dates and see what pops up, obviously the high season Is during the summer holidays and easter and Xmas, so Is good to be flexible.

As mentioned by Jojo http://www.airasia.com/ Is a good option for local tranfers, It's the SE Asian equivilent of Easyjet, but word of warning, the hold baggage allowance Is 15Kg, so If you bring the kitchen sink, you might get charged. :confused:

Thanks, some good tips here, keep them coming please

I just tried getting online fares from EVA but they are currently quoting £850+ returns in economy for April depart May return which is almost double Emirates. :confused:

They also want my passport number before they will quote me anything cheaper. How does that work then?

Bangkok is a great hub for flights to ANY Asian destination. Use kayak.co.uk, enter your dates and details and they will provide you with a daily or weekly recap of prices. I'm in Thailand now, during the peak season, and I paid 393 quid for my EVA ticket by booking it about three months ago. (The guy stuck in the middle seat beside me had paid 529 quid for his ticket). The prices go up as the flight begins to fill so advanced planning is important. You can save even more by taking one-stop flights (in the Gulf) with several Middle Eastern airlines but once I'm in a plane I just want to get to my destination as quickly and seamlessly as possible. As for connecting internal flights, Thaiair may have some deals but you probably should call Trailfinders and let them do your legwork (internet websites like to keep things simple and they don't ask questions or provide complex answers); their rates are pretty close to those that you will find via Kayak. Bangkokair has an excellent website and offers a pretty full range of interior destinations. The Thai weather year can be roughly divided into the 'cool season' (November- February), the 'hot season' (March - June, and I can vouch for that right now), and the 'rainy season' (July - October). If you are going to the seaside, the season doesn't matter that much but if you are going north or north-east, you do NOT want to go there during the hot season and villages can get pretty soggy during the rainy season (it doesn't really rain all day, but it can seem like it).:confused:

As Scorchin pointed out, when he made a formal complaint about it, I had posted this in the wrong section so have moved it.

Apologies to anyone like Scorchin who was so mortally offended! ;)

try www.skyscanner.net you get a comprehensive list of all avail flights and prices within the dates you wanna go its a really good site xxx

;):confused:;), surely a PM to Jimmy would suffice. :)

At least Ghenghis could get a cheap taxi ride to the airport. No need to pay more than £12 for a short ride. :):)

As Scorchin pointed out, when he made a formal complaint about it, I had posted this in the wrong section so have moved it.

Apologies to anyone like Scorchin who was so mortally offended! ;)

Live by the sword, die by the sword!;)

At least Ghenghis could get a cheap taxi ride to the airport. No need to pay more than £12 for a short ride. ;):)
Do you realise how much that is in Thai Baht? ;)

Can I suggest you use www.opodo.co.uk ,try not to travel over the easter period as fares will be more, ebookers are good as well. The flight is about 12 hours if you dont mind being cooped up in cattle class for that long well and good, but if you can get a flight that stops enroute for an hour and you dont mind, you could find it a better option, a chance to freshen up and stretch your legs. Im sending you a PM. By the way if you read the Metro, they are a good source for bucket shops but I wouldn't trust the advertised prices.

Can I suggest you use www.opodo.co.uk ,try not to travel over the easter period as fares will be more, ebookers are good as well. The flight is about 12 hours if you dont mind being cooped up in cattle class for that long well and good, but if you can get a flight that stops enroute for an hour and you dont mind, you could find it a better option, a chance to freshen up and stretch your legs. Im sending you a PM. By the way if you read the Metro, they are a good source for bucket shops but I wouldn't trust the advertised prices.

Skyscanner always comes up with direct airline prices cheaper than ebookers and opdo in my experience xx

I just tried getting online fares from EVA but they are currently quoting £850+ returns in economy for April depart May return which is almost double Emirates. ;)

They also want my passport number before they will quote me anything cheaper. How does that work then?

I tried dates of 22 April - 6 May, EVA came In at £470 obviously a difference of only a day or so can save a lot, the cheapest was Oman Air at £406 BUT with a 12-24 hr stop over In Muscat! ;)

Found this on sky scanner

16 april dep come back 30th with emirates £541

10:00 LGW-BKK08:2016h 20 (+1)1 DXB21:20BKK-LGW07:2016h (+1)1 DXB

£541

same flight with ebookers is £551