styboy68

pussy

37 posts in this topic

hi guys, just a general question, but what do you call a vagina, always called it a fanny, but it comes up more now as a pussy, but as more and more american langauage come in via the younger people , will a fanny now become , what we call a bum , your thoughts

hi guys, just a general question, but what do you call a vagina, always called it a fanny, but it comes up more now as a pussy, but as more and more american langauage come in via the younger people , will a fanny now become , what we call a bum , your thoughts

Take your pick styboy68 :confused:.

well I think pussy is a nicer name for it.

but botoms will always be bums, or arses. NEVER an ass! or a fanny.

BTW, there is a Fanny Street in Saltaire named after one of Titus Salts relatives. (Saltaire was built as a factory town by Quaket Titus Salt to get his factory staff out of the slums of Bradford.)

When telling a lady what I like, if I refer to it at all, I stick with pussy. I dabb;le in erotic short stories though, and just for variety my rang there is usually the standard ones - quim, slit, snatch, cunt. I agree with you about fanny though, yet another American corruption of the English language seems to be winning through.

i know it has long fallen out of favour, but I've always liked the word Quim, it seems to resonate with the right kind of feeling.

Well, we're not quite sunk by Americanisms, pussy has an equal history in English and may derive from Old Saxon and Norse, though its use to mean a vagina can only properly be traced back to 1879, with the issue confused by its use also as a term of endearment. Thus:

pussy (2)

slang for "cunt," 1879, but probably older; perhaps from O.N. puss "pocket, pouch" (cf. Low Ger. puse "vulva"), but perhaps instead from the cat word (see pussy (1)) on notion of "soft, warm, furry thing;" cf. Fr. le chat, which also has a double meaning, feline and genital. Earlier uses are difficult to distinguish from pussy (1), e.g.:

"The word pussie is now used of a woman" [Philip Stubbes, "The Anatomie of Abuses," 1583]

But the use of pussy as a term of endearment argues against the vaginal sense being generally known before late 19c., e.g.:

By a strange coincidence fanny for vagina also dates back to 1879 with the US useage only dating from the 20s:

fanny

"buttocks," 1920, Amer.Eng., from earlier British meaning "vulva" (1879), perhaps from the name of John Cleland's heroine in the scandalous novel "Fanny Hill or Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure" (1748). The fem. proper name is a dim. of Frances. The genital sense is still the primary one outside U.S., but is not current in Amer.Eng., which can have consequences when U.S. TV programs and movies air in Britain

Both from http://www.etymonline.com

Oh and, same source, quim goes back to 1613

Whenever I hear a yank talking about his "fanny pack", I always translate it to an uphill gardening reference from a turd burglar!

I once met an American woman who had attended a luncheon with the late Princess Margaret (Then alive obviously) and she proudly related that she was sitting on the same banquette as the Princess, side by side.

She did not understand the general shock on everyone's face when she loudly (Well, Yank women do not have volume controls now do they?) announced to a frozen room "I have just rubbed fannies with your Princess Margaret!!"

:confused:

Your 'fanny' is your 'ass', in America, as in 'Yo can kiss ma ass, yo MF', as it were.:confused:

(Will Ghenghis let me get away with this one?):rolleyes:

(Will Ghenghis let me get away with this one?):confused:

In the US meaning of the phrase "Yo Ass is mine MoFu!!"

For the next three days anyway.

Lala......... ;)

An ex used to call hers, her 'Mary' no idea why....;)

Take your pick styboy68 ;).

They missed out "furry cup" ie drinking from the furry cup, mind you they are mostly shaven nowadays!;)

I call it Pussy.

An ex used to call hers, her 'Mary' no idea why....;)

You're not my ex....are you ;)

(my parents brought me up with "mary".)

Wow the link posted is certainly a long list but misses out the term I used to use with my daughter when she was little......'front bottom'

and also 'lady garden' which I like these days

In the US meaning of the phrase "Yo Ass is mine MoFu!!"

For the next three days anyway.

I ain't turnin' ma back on you! And I ain't takin' no shower, either!;)

You're not my ex....are you ;)

(my parents brought me up with "mary".)

Mary Hinge was a well-known example of questionable racehorse names that made it past the Jockey Club's acceptable names committee.

Interesting how woman refer to their bits, some get on their high horse if you refer to it as fanny, considering pussy to be more gentile. I see among the younger sisterhood, gash has become popular. Quite a few, seem to have pet names for it, including curious to relate, "biscuit".

well I think pussy is a nicer name for it.

but botoms will always be bums, or arses. NEVER an ass! or a fanny.

BTW, there is a Fanny Street in Saltaire named after one of Titus Salts relatives. (Saltaire was built as a factory town by Quaket Titus Salt to get his factory staff out of the slums of Bradford.)

Try this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gropecunt_Lane