Caitlin

Belle de Jour on telly - tonight

51 posts in this topic

BBC1, 11.35pm, "This week". Just heard on the telly...

BBC1, 11.35pm, "This week". Just heard on the telly...

Thanks for that Caitlin (I think ! I was just off to bed as I wanted an early night so as to be on best form for a long anticipated punt tomorrow). Now I'll stay up and watch it.

If I am grouchy and off colour tomorrow, I shall tell the young lady I am visiting (who might well have read this) that it's all your fault :confused:.

that it's all your fault :confused:.

Know the feeling, I'm up t 6am, better be good.

just saw it mentioned on this week(been watching qt)

should be interesting,discussing sex education

I stayed up to watch.....hardly worth the cocoa :confused:

how sweet... she didnt have anything to plug which is normally the case on the show... i just looked at the teenage pregnancy stats and we are 4th in the entire world... can someone tell me why????

It should have been longer, (as the actress said to the bishop). Nice try Brooke, you came up with some good points, however it was woefully left short of time, the discussion could and should have gone a lot further.

A few minutes talking about Teenage Pregnancies and Michael Portillo saying some get pregnant for the benefits they get and a home off the state which Belle/Dr Brooke asked if he really thought the teenagers were that calculating. Diane Abbott then chipped in with something so dull i have already forgotten about it. Belle was only given a woefully short slot.

It should have been longer, (as the actress said to the bishop). Nice try Brooke, you came up with some good points, however it was woefully left short of time, the discussion could and should have gone a lot further.

What good points did you think she came up with?

Belle was only given a short slot.

There's a gag there somewhere.

The comparison between Britain and Holland often gets raised, however nothing ever seems to be learned.

If like me you missed it live, you can see it on BBC iPlayer, intro starts at 37mins in. Brooke makes a good showing with a couple of good strong contributions to the short discussion.

Belle you must have been dissapointed by this. Not only a subject change from that proposed a week or too ago but after a big build up only given a very brief slot at the end. But of course its a talk show and they can certainly do that!

Yeah, it was pretty short - something's better than nothing, I guess. Felt fortunate that I have a number of friends who are teachers and SRE educators to grab relevant info from. In any case the production team seemed pleased and asked if I would be available in future for the top slot, so fingers crossed I get a good bash at it again sometime.

Also, Jesse Jackson was lovely, polite, warm, a consummate pro. Diane Abbot not so much.

Also, Jesse Jackson was lovely, polite, warm, a consummate pro.

Isn't that the bloke that said that he was "sick and tired of hearing about the Holocaust"?:confused::confused:

going to try and get it on catch up loving the secret diary annaxxxxx

Yeah, it was pretty short - something's better than nothing, I guess. Felt fortunate that I have a number of friends who are teachers and SRE educators to grab relevant info from. In any case the production team seemed pleased and asked if I would be available in future for the top slot, so fingers crossed I get a good bash at it again sometime.

Also, Jesse Jackson was lovely, polite, warm, a consummate pro. Diane Abbot not so much.

I guess it's to be expected that they would want to test new guests without/little broadcast experience, just to make sure they don't get stage fright or launch into an inappropriate tirade. I think you did well and was chuffed because I was sure you will get more invites to speak on similar programmes and be able to get your & our viewpoint across.

I did notice Ms Abbot was unusually quiet during that topic and Andrew Neil even commented on it. At the time I wondered if that was because you where giving a good account, but perhaps if she was like that off camera she might have difficulty accepting you as a sex positive woman, something that is very much at odds with her own brand of sexually negative feminism. Lets hope you got her thinking.

I too was impressed with Jessie Jackson, he used to be a bit of a fire brand but seems to have matured into a real statesman.

The piece has made hightlight section now and I just watched it again.

There is brilliant bit at 4:00mins in, just as Michael says it is a life style choice , Diane rolls her eyes to heaven and bites her tongue.

I find Diane Abbot very annoying, she does not know how to listen. I thought you came across very well and composed. However I did not find the whole programme to be very watchable (it was my first time) and won't be watching it again. I hope they do give you your own slot on TV you would do a much better job than Anderew Neil.

Best wishes.

What a very pleasant voice Belle has!

Look forward to it. I did get it on my twitter update. She is very articulate which comes across well for us as an industry. It is very though the media are using her as our voice, so to speak and she only worked for 14 months.

Look forward to it. I did get it on my twitter update. She is very articulate which comes across well for us as an industry. It is very though the media are using her as our voice, so to speak and she only worked for 14 months.

Kristy: the program was already shown yesterday. Looks like you missed it, but Wyke Tyke already posted a link to the BBC Iplayer above, where you can see it again.

If you don't want to watch the full program right now, you need to scroll forward till about 38 minutes of the program, where you can see her input. (terribly unfair, as they only gave her 3 minutes time, right at the end of the program)