smiths

Who Is Responsible?

149 posts in this topic

I am interested in hearing posters opinions of the following scenario that happened to me.

I booked a lady through an Agency and when i rang to confirm on the day of the punt i was told she was ill. I posted this on a relevant thread and on other posts said i would try again which i did, but when i rang the owner all i got was try again in a few days and i might know more. That vagueness was no good to me so i went elsewhere.

Some months later the lady i had booked to see becomes an Indie and joins this board. On one of her threads i mention i had tried to book her through the Agency but will be booking her direct and not bother with the Agency anymore which i hadnt done since trying to book her and getting the vague reply.

I then receive an unsolicited PM from the Agency who are also board members advising me how to post and basically saying i should have all the facts before posting. In this PM they blame the lady for being unreliable at the time but admit they kept her on too long, but say they were not responsible, she was. I wasnt privvy to any of the facts and had no idea at the time that she was unreliable. How am i as a punter going to be able to find out the true facts in a scenario like this anyway.

From my point of view its a given that if the lady was unreliable and on the day of my punt didnt turn up due to being unreliable it was her fault. If she really was ill then these things happen and thats a different matter.

But as the Agency knew she was unreliable and admit to keeping her on for too long i also hold them partly responsible because they continued to take bookings on her behalf knowing she was unreliable. Why not find someone reliable is my view.

In this scenario who do posters think is responsible, just the WG or the Agency as well, bearing in mind not to take the ladies possible sickness into account which wasnt mentioned in the PM anyway?

Why do you keep going on about this I know who you are talking about as I'm sure most of the other regulars do can't you just move on now

Sounds like the ageny pi**ed off that she has gone indi.

Who cares.

There are always other good girls available.

It's all part of punting.

Sounds like the ageny pi**ed off that she has gone indi.

Why would you think that?

I am interested in hearing posters opinions of the following scenario that happened to me.

I booked a lady through an Agency and when i rang to confirm on the day of the punt i was told she was ill.

But as the Agency knew she was unreliable and admit to keeping her on for too long i also hold them partly responsible because they continued to take bookings on her behalf knowing she was unreliable.

Surely the Agency should have contacted you to say the lady was ill, rather than waiting for you to phone on the day, also, as you booked the lady through the agency, I tend to think they were responsable, and should be them to whom you complain.

Its up to the agency with whom the booking was made, to make sure the lady was available, surely that is a point of going through an agency...its a lack of profesionalism for them to be saying they kept her on too long, but that in itself shows you one of the ladies they were dealing with at the time.

Surely the Agency should have contacted you to say the lady was ill, rather than waiting for you to phone on the day, also, as you booked the lady through the agency, I tend to think they were responsable, and should be them to whom you complain.

Its up to the agency with whom the booking was made, to make sure the lady was available, surely that is a point of going through an agency...its a lack of profesionalism for them to be saying they kept her on too long, but that in itself shows you one of the ladies they were dealing with at the time.

I always ring to confirm anyway so wasnt worried they didnt ring me before i rang them. When they said she was ill i simply went elsewhere on the day. I didnt complain but tried again at a later date but gave up when it became clear they were being vague about her availability.

I only knew this lady was available through this one Agency so as i was keen to punt with her it was through them or nothing. I agree it is very unprofessional for them to be saying they kept her on too long, but even though they were obviously privvy to her being unreliable at the time they blame her solely and take no responsibility.

Then they read the post i mention in my OP and PM me to advise me how to post and basically get the facts before doing so. The only fact i knew for sure then was i was told by them she was ill, now they say she was unreliable and they kept her on too long. Obviously i wasnt privvy to any of that then.

I agree they are as responsible as the lady for continuing to take bookings for her when they knew she was unreliable.:o

I booked a lady through an Agency and when i rang to confirm on the day of the punt i was told she was ill. I posted this on a relevant thread and on other posts said i would try again which i did, but when i rang the owner all i got was try again in a few days and i might know more. That vagueness was no good to me so i went elsewhere.

Some months later the lady i had booked to see becomes an Indie and joins this board. On one of her threads i mention i had tried to book her through the Agency but will be booking her direct and not bother with the Agency anymore which i hadnt done since trying to book her and getting the vague reply.

I then receive an unsolicited PM from the Agency who are also board members advising me how to post and basically saying i should have all the facts before posting. In this PM they blame the lady for being unreliable at the time but admit they kept her on too long, but say they were not responsible, she was. I wasnt privvy to any of the facts and had no idea at the time that she was unreliable. How am i as a punter going to be able to find out the true facts in a scenario like this anyway.

From my point of view its a given that if the lady was unreliable and on the day of my punt didnt turn up due to being unreliable it was her fault. If she really was ill then these things happen and thats a different matter.

But as the Agency knew she was unreliable and admit to keeping her on for too long i also hold them partly responsible because they continued to take bookings on her behalf knowing she was unreliable. Why not find someone reliable is my view.

In this scenario who do posters think is responsible, just the WG or the Agency as well, bearing in mind not to take the ladies possible sickness into account which wasnt mentioned in the PM anyway?

Why no names? Don't you already know who is at fault, common sense xxx:D

Why no names? Don't you already know who is at fault, common sense xxx:D

The Agency is called BENTLEYS and the lady i wanted to punt with was Regan. Who do you think was responsible?:o

The Agency is called BENTLEYS and the lady i wanted to punt with was Regan. Who do you think was responsible?:D

The employer who employs the employee..simples..:o;)

what do you mean by responsible ? It was a punt that went wrong, happens all the time, mybe she was ill, maybe she wasn't, who cares, you went somewhere else, no one is keeping records, there is no accountability. The agency was maybe concerned that you were going to blame them publically, so they were getting in first. if there was a court that sat hearing punting related cases, it could work 24/7 till eternity, job for life.

Dead horse, flogged, time to move on.

The employer who employs the employee..simples..:o;)

Who is the employer?

(Agencies do not "employ" WGs. WGs pay agencies out of their fees. Unless, of course, Bentleys offer sick pay, maternity leave, holiday pay....)

This is fast becoming very tedious, cant you and Debbie just kiss and make up :o

Im sorry but i have seen many threads on here regarding unsolicited phone calls from agencies and wg,s.The last thing an agency is going to do is to phone a client because the lady he has booked with has not arrived at work.They have no way of knowing where you are or who you are with before you booking,you may even be dropping your wife of 5 mins before the booking and just round the corner.Imagine if they called then.Its up to the client to phone to confirm the booking by the time set by the agency,this is when a guy would be informed of any problems.

It depends upon how 'unreliable' she became before the agency did something about it. Something only they will know. From what I've read I don't see what more they could have done really, they might have been 'vague' because they didn't want [her] to let you down again. Personally, I would only feel reason to be really miffed with the agency if the same sort of thing was happening on multiple occasions/with different wg's.

I also feel pm ing might be a better way of going about it from their pov rather than getting into a tit for tat on the board.

When a WG is ill the last thing she thinks to do is ring advance bookings and cancel them. So I doubt an agency would, most would rather wait for you to confirm then inform you.

With regards to illness, well how long is a bit of string as to how long they will be off.

Many agencies are guilty of keeping unreliable girls on their books, one cos they are pretty and earn them money and two cos they earn them money when they do show up, and three cos they earn them money when they bother to turn up. As long as the girl in question does not give them bad reviews and does hand over her percentage to them they will keep her in employment, who wouldn't?

It is not down to the agency, who at the time she worked for, to call unsolicited and say so and so is unreliable, claims she is sick.

As much as we might like to blame the agency in most cases, the girl should have kept them informed how long she is likely to be off and not be such a flake in the first place.

It is common practice after a girl leaves and goes indie for mud to start getting slung, bloody hell, I had to get clients to check my body for bruises and report back that I did not have a mark on me, nor did anyone walk in during appt, many years ago. Many put it in reviews at the time. It is just one of the things that happens. Sad but true.

All you can do is post the facts as you understand them, let others do the same and in the end an approaximate faximile of the truth will emerge. If some other poster tried to pressure me behind the scenes with a PM. I would have no hesitation in identifying them publically. You cetainly shouldn't fret or worry about it.

It depends upon how 'unreliable' she became before the agency did something about it. Something only they will know. From what I've read I don't see what more they could have done really, they might have been 'vague' because they didn't want [her] to let you down again. Personally, I would only feel reason to be really miffed with the agency if the same sort of thing was happening on multiple occasions/with different wg's.

I also feel pm ing might be a better way of going about it from their pov rather than getting into a tit for tat on the board.

The Agency say they kept her on for too long and she was unreliable. The reason i am miffed with the Agency is 6 months after them cancelling the punt saying she was ill which at the time i accepted as true and moved on, they spot a post of mine on a now deleted thread in which i say to the lady, now an Indie that i will book to see you direct and not bother with the Agency. The Agency PM me advising me how to post and say the lady was unreliable and kept on for too long and say they were not responsible for her being unreliable. Yet they kept her on for too long which was their responsibility, presumably because when she was working for them and when she did turn up she was great.

So their PM was simply them telling me she was unreliable and kept on for too long and saying they as the Agency were not responsible, she was. I clearly see it is both the lady and the Agency, and was interested in others opinions of this.

Its interesting to read others posts here and apart from those like yourself that have given an opinion most say who cares or move on. Thats the point, i had till the Agency PMd me. Anyway thanks for the reply and to others that bothered to offer an opinion.:o

All you can do is post the facts as you understand them, let others do the same and in the end an approaximate faximile of the truth will emerge. If some other poster tried to pressure me behind the scenes with a PM. I would have no hesitation in identifying them publically. You cetainly shouldn't fret or worry about it.

Thanks for that. It is the fact the Agency PMd me to advise me how to post after reading a recent post of mine where i say i wouldnt bother using the Agency again that has annoyed me, and taking no responsibility themselves even though they now admit she was unreliable and was kept on too long.:o

Smiths If It was me I wouldn't spend to long dwelling on It all, If you still want to visit said lady then go for It, why waste anymore energy on who said what, was she Ill etc.

The Agency say they kept her on for too long and she was unreliable. The reason i am miffed with the Agency is 6 months after them cancelling the punt saying she was ill which at the time i accepted as true and moved on, they spot a post of mine on a now deleted thread in which i say to the lady, now an Indie that i will book to see you direct and not bother with the Agency. The Agency PM me advising me how to post and say the lady was unreliable and kept on for too long and say they were not responsible for her being unreliable. Yet they kept her on for too long which was their responsibility, presumably because when she was working for them and when she did turn up she was great.

So their PM was simply them telling me she was unreliable and kept on for too long and saying they as the Agency were not responsible, she was. I clearly see it is both the lady and the Agency, and was interested in others opinions of this.

Its interesting to read others posts here and apart from those like yourself that have given an opinion most say who cares or move on. Thats the point, i had till the Agency PMd me. Anyway thanks for the reply and to others that bothered to offer an opinion.:o

So have you seen her as an indy now?

Hi smiths.

Yes I believe the agency should/might take some responsibility, but mostly it lays with the girls. I think they may have felt the need to pm you because it may have looked as though you were absolving R for missing the appt but still holding B responsible, when it was from their pov R's fault. If they felt that way it was better to pm you about it than make it a bigger deal on the open forum.

So I feel, yes B ought to have accepted a portion of the responsibility in an ideal world. Perhaps in retrospect they may feel they gave her too many opportunities but at the time they gave her every chance. I have managed many people in normal work and usually give the benefit of the doubt and as many chances as possible unless they do something really bad. As you know R is great at her job.

Some of these girls are still pretty young and I think generally by nature are more likely to be slightly unreliable and carefree (think about the consequences later) so there is more chance of a let down. I know I phoned up 'sick' to work a few times when I was in that age bracket after a few (mis)adventures! I was never sacked, however ;)

This is fast becoming very tedious, cant you and Debbie just kiss and make up :o

Whose Debbie?

Rearrange these words into a well known phrase or saying:

"Sea Plenty There Fish More Are In The"