Bobin About

Not a Happy Punter...

34 posts in this topic

Should at this moment be enjoying the delights of Ellie at Mme Beckys, but back home due to a lift malfunction (no, not a euphamism I promise). Really couldn't manage seven floors of stairs even at my prime and still perform...

Writing this much more in sorrow than anger, have been trying to book Ellie for ages and this was the first time my schedule would allow.

Did of course phone to let them know why I wasn't able to make the appiontment.

Short of breath?

Are you over weight?

How old are you?

Time for a medical check up.

Should at this moment be enjoying the delights of Ellie at Mme Beckys, but back home due to a lift malfunction (no, not a euphamism I promise). Really couldn't manage seven floors of stairs even at my prime and still perform...

Writing this much more in sorrow than anger, have been trying to book Ellie for ages and this was the first time my schedule would allow.

I find it hard to believe you can't do 7 flights of stairs.

If you couldn't do stairs, you would never have coped with ellie anyway, so maybe best you've missed it!

Not good mate. You should at least have a basic level of fitness. I'm curious to know why you couldn't walk up 7 flights of stairs.

Are you disabled or wheelchair bound?

You cancelled a punt because of 7 flights of stairs?

Time for the gym me thinks!

If your disabled then fair point, but If able bodied why can't you walk up 7 flights? Sounds like a crap excuse to me. :rolleyes:

Blimey I'm a fat unfit git, but I can manage 7 flights of stairs.

Routine exercise for me includes 20 minutes on a climbing machine :rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe you can't do 7 flights of stairs.

If you couldn't do stairs, you would never have coped with ellie anyway, so maybe best you've missed it!

Maybe it's more to do with the 7 flights down after rutting with Ellie, not the going up them. :rolleyes:

OK, all fair points, a bit of a wake up call for which I thank you all.

OK, all fair points, a bit of a wake up call for which I thank you all.

So I am guessing you are not disabled then, just an unfit old git like me. But even I can cope with 7 flights of stairs.

Seriously mate, get yourself some exercise. You don't want to expire 'on the job' when you find a ground floor girl!

You should have read her reviews. Apparently you only have to walk up one floor and catch the lift from there!! :rolleyes:

You should have read her reviews. Apparently you only have to walk up one floor and catch the lift from there!! :rolleyes:

Exactly what I did (having read the report), but this time lifts totally shot (notices about from pissed off residents- bet they are not happy when it's time to pay service charges)

How far up did you get ?

Sympathetic lot ar'nt you all !!! I could probably manage 7 flights of stairs if I had to but like the OP i would prefer to take the lift so as to conserve my energy.

Sympathetic lot ar'nt you all !!! I could probably manage 7 flights of stairs if I had to but like the OP i would prefer to take the lift so as to conserve my energy.

The OP obviously has no shame. I reckon I could have made 7 flights (would have paused at the 4 but the thought of the pleasures to come would have spurred me on).

Got to look on the bright side tho', at least his typing finger works. Wrist ok, mate?

Jack

But at least there's a goodly theme song for him....

So I walk one, two flight, three flight four

Five, six, seven flight, eight flight more

Up on the twelfth I'm starting to sag

Fifteenth floor I'm ready to drag

Get to the top, I'm too tired to rock

Hi Bobin About. I bet you're REALLY glad you put up that post now, aren't you :( ?

Good luck with the new fitness regime :rolleyes:.

Blimey I'm a fat unfit git, but I can manage 7 flights of stairs.

Same here, i had to climb 8 flights myself recently and needed a good sit down before i had the energy to punt, but i just about struggled through.:rolleyes::(

Is it Madame Becky's that is 7 floors up, or your home? or both maybe?

Same here, i had to climb 8 flights myself recently and needed a good sit down before i had the energy to punt, but i just about struggled through.:):)

Smiths! I don't believe you needed to sit down to get your energy lol :rolleyes:

and struggle through!

my goodness, you have more energy then two/three men put together! haha well, you did when I saw you a few times :):(;) xxx

Having got there, i would have crawled up on all fours rather than travel home without my fun!

Smiths! I don't believe you needed to sit down to get your energy lol

and struggle through!

my goodness, you have more energy then two/three men put together! haha well, you did when I saw you a few times :):rolleyes:;) xxx

I have gone downhill since then Natasha.:) I really do need to start exercising.:(:)

I have gone downhill since then Natasha.:) I really do need to start exercising.

I don't believe that for a minute honi :rolleyes::):):):( xxxx

But at least there's a goodly theme song for him....

So I walk one, two flight, three flight four

Five, six, seven flight, eight flight more

Up on the twelfth I'm starting to sag

Fifteenth floor I'm ready to drag

Get to the top, I'm too tired to rock

Eddie Cochran of course! Another ex-Ted?

As an old geezer myself I fully sympathise with the OP. About four months ago I was faced with a lift not working in my appointment's block. She was on the 4th floor (was it the 4th?). It is partly, I suspect, a matter of thinking Zen. *cue Noh flutes* You may have been focusing on the lift and this, Grasshopper (allright Kung Fu was Chinese), sapped your will. I, however, no doubt equally decrepit, was focusing on the treats in store and bounded up the stairs like a mountain goat. Did Madame Becky's (who seem to know you) not think of contacting you in advance to warn you? Or were you out of contact for them by the time they were aware of the lift problem?