punter992005

they just cannot get it right!!!!

6 posts in this topic

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/crime-victims/reducing-crime/prostitution/

Anyone spot this little gem???

On 1 April 2010, it will become an offence to pay for sex with someone who has been forced, threatened, exploited or otherwise coerced or deceived into providing the sexual services by someone else, who has engaged in such conduct for gain.

That's right....."exploited" is suddenly added to the rhetoric; never mind that it's not actually in the statute. Never mind that "exploited" could very easily apply to any willing prostitute working in any brothel or via any agency since someone's making money out of them. Bound to be repeated in the newspapers and bound to be misinterpreted....a new round of emails will commence shortly to anyone I can think of. I encourage everyone else to write in too, this is fucking ridiculous for a supposedly strict liability offence that they cannot get their facts straight.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/crime-victims/reducing-crime/prostitution/

Anyone spot this little gem???

On 1 April 2010, it will become an offence to pay for sex with someone who has been forced, threatened, exploited or otherwise coerced or deceived into providing the sexual services by someone else, who has engaged in such conduct for gain.

That's right....."exploited" is suddenly added to the rhetoric; never mind that it's not actually in the statute. Never mind that "exploited" could very easily apply to any willing prostitute working in any brothel or via any agency since someone's making money out of them. Bound to be repeated in the newspapers and bound to be misinterpreted....a new round of emails will commence shortly to anyone I can think of. I encourage everyone else to write in too, this is fucking ridiculous for a supposedly strict liability offence that they cannot get their facts straight.

Early April Fool maybe?

it would be great if we all emailed to query this,just imagine 1000 emails on one day & having to respond how much time would be taken up at the home office

it would be great if we all emailed to query this,just imagine 1000 emails on one day & having to respond how much time would be taken up at the home office

already sent mine. They added it because the offence says that it will be illegal to pay a woman who is being pimped by someone who engages in "exploitative conduct"

BUT it then defines exploitative conduct as

forced, threatened, deceived or otherwise coerced.

Exploitation is not a separate clause. It was always odd how they changed it like that, originally (after dropping control for gain) the offence simply said it will be illegal to pay a woman who has been subjected to "force....etc, etc" then they altered it to "exploitative conduct" but defined that as meaning the same thing....maybe this is why, to give themselves leeway in misleading the public.

just emailed as well!

await response with interest

Email on the way.