portable

Is having two girls working in the same flat illegal?

11 posts in this topic

Just curious. I always thought that having more than one WG in the same flat at the same time would classify it as a 'brothel' and thereby be illegal?

Just curious. I always thought that having more than one WG in the same flat at the same time would classify it as a 'brothel' and thereby be illegal?

yes it's classed as a brothel, and they don't have to be there at the same time either i.e they could be working alternate days etc. But that's a problem for the people running the place; it has no bearing on the punter's situation. You're in the clear if that was your concern.

Wow. I assumed it was standard practice for an agency to have a few flats that are used at different times by different girls, but didn't think that would have counted. It was more that the other night I was in newcastle to see someone and there was another WG walking around, and I felt pretty nervous. Especially when I heard another guy visiting her!

Wow. I assumed it was standard practice for an agency to have a few flats that are used at different times by different girls, but didn't think that would have counted. It was more that the other night I was in newcastle to see someone and there was another WG walking around, and I felt pretty nervous. Especially when I heard another guy visiting her!

well that's clearly a brothel since they're both there at the same time, but it's nothing to do with you, since it makes no difference to your legal situation. Although it might worry you for other reasons e.g. security, discression etc. but it's pretty common. Most agency girls live together with someone in my experience.

Interesting. Mind, it didn't help that when I left, the other woman was standing at the front door in her coat and knickers wheezing on a fag. Not exactly an appealing image. Though it was on a saturday night in newcastle so I doubt anyone would have noticed :) Still it has put me off visiting again, even if the legality issues don't effect me personally.

Interesting. Mind, it didn't help that when I left, the other woman was standing at the front door in her coat and knickers wheezing on a fag. Not exactly an appealing image. Though it was on a saturday night in newcastle so I doubt anyone would have noticed :) Still it has put me off visiting again, even if the legality issues don't effect me personally.

In Newcastle on a Saturday night IIRC knickers are a rarity!! :D

That will have an effect even on the mid priced Indie trade.

I know of at least one set up where a WG - clearly Indie - has a flat, she does not work all day every day so to help the economics, lets a couple of other (absolutely) Indie girls use the place.

I increasingly feel that that new laws and attitudes, far from reducing the trade are just going to make what has been pretty innocuous (e.g.the provincial Indie and small agency scenes) over time become the province of the criminal as both sides decide that they may as well be hung as a sheep as a limb.

rather like US Prohibition.

Whether this is good law or not is irrelevant: this is CPS' view, and that is what they are going to administer as and when they feel like it!

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/prostitution_and_exploitation_of_prostitution/

And NB that in English law a brothel does not need to charge! If two girls keep open house, and offer whatever it is that they want to offer, to anyone who calls, then that makes the setup a brothel! (....er, and, therefore a students' hall of residence probably is a brothel, today?)

I attended uni in the last 10 years and I noticed a distinct lack of sexual behaviour. Ok there was a lot of flirting but that was it, well among the younger students anyway!

Whether this is good law or not is irrelevant: this is CPS' view, and that is what they are going to administer as and when they feel like it!

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/prostitution_and_exploitation_of_prostitution/

And NB that in English law a brothel does not need to charge! If two girls keep open house, and offer whatever it is that they want to offer, to anyone who calls, then that makes the setup a brothel! (....er, and, therefore a students' hall of residence probably is a brothel, today?)

Excellent link thanks.:D

So harping back to very old movies, If in London, Jack Lemmon's character could be a brothel keeper as he lent his flat to a series of guys to screw in!

Hotels actually take money for it.

Mrs Akan & me used to do B & B. Many guests were clearly not married & had come for a couple of days quiet (or not so quiet shagging)!