Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elrond

Stop Labour plans to make advertising illegal

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I have been asked to circulate this from the IUSW. Please take it seriously and if relevant please respond to the IUSW. Regards Elrond.

------

Are you someone who advertises or used to advertise in a local paper? This has been stopped in many areas due to the Labour Party talking to local newspaper owners, saying that letting us advertise helps traffickers. Now, they're thinking of making it illegal to advertise (possibly online as well as in newspapers).

The IUSW, through our contacts with GMB union, will pressure the Labour Party to drop policies that harm our safety and our livelihood. GMB staff are meeting with the ministers who are writing the manifesto.

We want to hear from people who've been affected by the policy so far.

Let us know if you want to be able to advertise in print. Let us know if you used to advertise in print and how you advertise or find clients now, especially if you now use someone else to find clients for you rather than being able to advertise for yourself.

Write to

iuswcollectiveemail@googlemail.com

Many thanks,

Catherine

More Labour mendacity :D I'm not a particular fan of unions, but I hope GMB can influence this.

What annoys me most is the fact that the economy is in real difficulties, we're fighting what could become an unwinnable war in Afghanistan, and public services are creaking from the need of long term investment. And our beloved leaders believe they have time to spend on this drivel .... :)

Edited by broadwaydave
Grammar

I don't know what I can do about it other than another letter to MP.

BUT such a move has nothing to do with reducing demand an everything to do with making life difficult for women who choose to sort their financial/family problem by becoming a WG.

How do we get through these blinkered idealogues that the motivation for most UK women who become prostitutes is NOT drugs or male coersion but circumstances?

The vast majority of the 200+ women I have seen were single mothers, usually split from a guy who had no assets to divvy up and in a not well paid job so the CSA (not great at the best) are no help.

The benefits system makes more WGs than drugs dealers ever do!

Hang on I often see comments on these forums that benefits encourage people not to work, that they make like easy and folk on them live a life of riley?

Hang on I often see comments on these forums that benefits encourage people not to work, that they make like easy and folk on them live a life of riley?

That's mostly a nice easy clich