smiths

What To Say?

26 posts in this topic

With the imminent new law rapidly approaching i would like to ask posters advice on what to say to the police in the event of being arrested in a premises with your trousers round your ankles? Obviously i will have no idea what the lady may say.

I have thought about this and wouldnt say anything till my own solicitor arrived but any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

With the imminent new law rapidly approaching i would like to ask posters advice on what to say to the police in the event of being arrested in a premises with your trousers round your ankles? Obviously i will have no idea what the lady may say.

I have thought about this and wouldnt say anything till my own solicitor arrived but any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

depends what the police say to you in the first place. At the minimum they're going to ask for your details, and you could say what's it to do with you, I'm not breaking any laws....see how they react. Force their hand to see if they're going to arrest you for anything, which could be tricky since there'll only be this new offence that they could arrest you for and they do need some evidence to warrant an arrest in the first place. Don't suppose it makes much difference what you say, you're hardly going to say anything that proves you knew the girl was forced etc. since no bugger is going to know that, and if they're intending to arrest the clients they will irrespective of what you say. Although as I said I'd like to know what their initial evidence was. Short of a girl crying in the corner, which is an unlikely scenario, it would be difficult for them to say they had any evidence.

Are you being serious Smiths ??! xxx

if arrested,i imagine you're told what you're being arrested for,i also am inclined to say as little as possible,but can punters be arrested anyway & on what charge?

Policeman "Anything you say will be taken down, and used in evidence against you."

Punter "Trousers"

depends what the police say to you in the first place. At the minimum they're going to ask for your details, and you could say what's it to do with you, I'm not breaking any laws....see how they react. Force their hand to see if they're going to arrest you for anything, which could be tricky since there'll only be this new offence that they could arrest you for and they do need some evidence to warrant an arrest in the first place.

Thanks. I assume the lady saying she is being exploited would constitute some evidence. My concern is i of course have no idea whether the lady is exploited or not for definate, in most cases a punter cant know this but being ignorant and saying this wouldnt help i assume. Would that be about right in your opinion?

Are you being serious Smiths ??! xxx

Unfortunately Natasha i am being deadly serious. I believe as others posted on another thread, it is very valuable to get an idea of what to say if you do get caught up in a raid and a rough idea of what the police might do.:)

Policeman "Anything you say will be taken down, and used in evidence against you."

Punter "Trousers"

LOL you are the KOC!! (King of Comedy) :):)

Thanks. I assume the lady saying she is being exploited would constitute some evidence. My concern is i of course have no idea whether the lady is exploited or not for definate, in most cases a punter cant know this but being ignorant and saying this wouldnt help i assume. Would that be about right in your opinion?

As far as I know they don't ask the girl questions like "are you a sex slave" right there and then. They're supposed to wait until the girl has been accessed by professionals and not supposed to put them on the spot there and then while the pimp's in the next room and other people are around etc.etc. So as I said they've got very little to go on there and then.

As far as I know they don't ask the girl questions like "are you a sex slave" right there and then. They're supposed to wait until the girl has been accessed by professionals and not supposed to put them on the spot there and then while the pimp's in the next room and other people are around etc.etc. So as I said they've got very little to go on there and then.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.:)

Thanks again. Much appreciated.:)

assessed not accessed. ooops. Bit tired. Must go to bed.

depends what the police say to you in the first place. At the minimum they're going to ask for your details, and you could say what's it to do with you, I'm not breaking any laws....see how they react.

Very interesting post. Seems sensible that the minimum the Police would ask for are your details but are you legally required to give them and, if not, what would the consequence of not giving them be? Also, some would be tempted to give false details. What would be the consequence of that? Oh dear! Yet more research required!

Giving false details is an offence in itself so in doing so you are creating a reason to be charged with something. Not a good idea really.

I would imagine the police will use intelligence, run an investigation before barging into a premises - they don't tend to get warrants just because they fancy it one day. Can be very costly if there aren't any criminal activities occuring, they tend to have to pay for damage/losses etc.

So armed with evidence they'll have a good idea the girlie is being forced and hence arrest any punters on that charge. It's generally a good idea to co-operate with officers as telling them to "Sod" off, not doing as they say, giving false details etc can create a lot of charges even if they can't prove anything else.

Giving false details is an offence in itself so in doing so you are creating a reason to be charged with something. Not a good idea really.

I would imagine the police will use intelligence, run an investigation before barging into a premises - they don't tend to get warrants just because they fancy it one day. Can be very costly if there aren't any criminal activities occuring, they tend to have to pay for damage/losses etc.

So armed with evidence they'll have a good idea the girlie is being forced and hence arrest any punters on that charge. It's generally a good idea to co-operate with officers as telling them to "Sod" off, not doing as they say, giving false details etc can create a lot of charges even if they can't prove anything else.

This approach was tried by someone who is now an ex-MP. It didn't do him much good.

There are so many urban myths around fed by too much TV these days. When being arrested no-comment can now go against you "if you fail to mention something you later rely on in court". It's not smart at all. Generally if you behave and they think you aren't a risk you will get treated much better. Muck around and they'll think you are trying to be smart. Don't draw attention to yourself either.

Definitely do not give false details.

You are entitled to refuse to give any details. When asked for your name they should say "Can I take your details/name/address". Simply reply "no". They are not supposed to say "What are your name/address/details". Many people interpret the first question as the second.

You can be asked to 'account for yourself'. Keep it simple, tell them you are not doing anything illegal.

If pressed you can deny any involved in the management of running of the establishment. You are entitled to ask to see the officers' warrant cards, even when they are uniformed officers. You are also entitled to ask for them to write down their name and number. You are entitled to see their superior officer. Tell him the same thing, you have not done anything illegal, are exercising your right to refuse to disclose your details and you wish to leave.

There are so many urban myths around fed by too much TV these days. When being arrested no-comment can now go against you "if you fail to mention something you later rely on in court". It's not smart at all. Generally if you behave and they think you aren't a risk you will get treated much better. Muck around and they'll think you are trying to be smart. Don't draw attention to yourself either.

I disagree, you must not be intimidated by a uniform. Be firm, co-operative to a point, if possible take notes, names, numbers, but never let them "push you around".

Very interesting post. Seems sensible that the minimum the Police would ask for are your details but are you legally required to give them and, if not, what would the consequence of not giving them be? Also, some would be tempted to give false details. What would be the consequence of that? Oh dear! Yet more research required!

As we all know it is not illegal for a punter to visit a WG at a flat or brothel. He commits no crime.

Anecdotal evidence would suggest that if a punter is caught up in a raid, in most cases he will be asked to get dressed and leave - nothing more. In some cases names and addresses are taken.

Punters are not good prosecution witnesses in brothel/ controlling cases. They have their own interests to protect. They can be unhelpful and hostile witnesses. The police are well aware of this and in most cases will not follow up with the punters. During the few years that I have been on this forum and the previous one I have only come across a couple of cases where the Police have later contacted punters, and neither case involved evidence being given in court.

It is an offence to give a false name and address to the Police and they take a dim view of it. You are inviting trouble if found out.

If you are merely a witness then I doubt that the Police will ask you to verify your identity. If you see another punter give his name and address and then leave without verification then it may be tempting to give false details. That is up to the individual concerned, but bare in mind that if your car is parked a few doors up they may already have your registration number.

If the Police are considering prosecuting under the new section 53A (Paying for sexual services of a prostitute subjected to force) then I doubt that they will let you leave the place without your either being under arrest or verifying your details. More likely you will be arrested.

My advice is to park your car in the next street well away from the premises. In the very unlikely event that the premises are raided whilst you are there I would get dressed quickly, don't ask for your money back, don't get gobby with the Police (they don't like that), don't give false details (they definitely don't like that) and when you walk out keep your head down in case there are photographers, take your jacket off ready to put over your head :):D. Don't walk to your car - go the opposite direction, and go and get it back later.

If the Police ask you any questions say that you've only come for a massage and nothing else. Any more question....."No comment".

At that stage you are either leaving quietly or worst case...under arrest.

As we all know it is not illegal for a punter to visit a WG at a flat or brothel. He commits no crime.

Anecdotal evidence would suggest that if a punter is caught up in a raid, in most cases he will be asked to get dressed and leave - nothing more. In some cases names and addresses are taken.

Punters are not good prosecution witnesses in brothel/ controlling cases. They have their own interests to protect. They can be unhelpful and hostile witnesses. The police are well aware of this and in most cases will not follow up with the punters. During the few years that I have been on this forum and the previous one I have only come across a couple of cases where the Police have later contacted punters, and neither case involved evidence being given in court.

It is an offence to give a false name and address to the Police and they take a dim view of it. You are inviting trouble if found out.

If you are merely a witness then I doubt that the Police will ask you to verify your identity. If you see another punter give his name and address and then leave without verification then it may be tempting to give false details. That is up to the individual concerned, but bare in mind that if your car is parked a few doors up they may already have your registration number.

If the Police are considering prosecuting under the new section 53A (Paying for sexual services of a prostitute subjected to force) then I doubt that they will let you leave the place without your either being under arrest or verifying your details. More likely you will be arrested.

My advice is to park your car in the next street well away from the premises. In the very unlikely event that the premises are raided whilst you are there I would get dressed quickly, don't ask for your money back, don't get gobby with the Police (they don't like that), don't give false details (they definitely don't like that) and when you walk out keep your head down in case there are photographers, take your jacket off ready to put over your head :):D. Don't walk to your car - go the opposite direction, and go and get it back later.

If the Police ask you any questions say that you've only come for a massage and nothing else. Any more question....."No comment".

At that stage you are either leaving quietly or worst case...under arrest.

Sounds like excellent advice to me and what i would do. One last point i would like clarification on please. If i did get arrested at a Parlour and it was the case that the lady i got caught with admits she paid the Parlour management a cut of the cost of my punt, i assume this is the exploitation grounds the police require to charge me. Is this correct?

Don't say anything prior to or on arrest.

I agree,however, that repeated " No comment" answers whilst under taped interview at the Police station may go against you.

Likewise giving too much information to the Police prior to arrest may also go against you.

I'm not having a discussion about exploitation whilst in a brothel wearing nothing but a condom. Save it for the taped interview after having taken legal advice (if required) and more importantly whilst your head is clearer and you've had chance to consider what you are going to say.

I wasn't quite saying that. I was simply saying don't try to be clever or cocky. Seen too many people do that publically and end up in trouble.

Speak to them on a person to person basis and request a solicitor if/when arrested.You can request their ID too. Generally the police are just doing their jobs and can often be as stressed or frightened as the people they are arresting.

Sounds like excellent advice to me and what i would do. One last point i would like clarification on please. If i did get arrested at a Parlour and it was the case that the lady i got caught with admits she paid the Parlour management a cut of the cost of my punt, i assume this is the exploitation grounds the police require to charge me. Is this correct?

That's the norm. Girls work in brothels because the owners provide premises, clients, advertising, linen and in most cases a secure environment to work. That has to be paid for. In the majority of cases I can't see that as " exploitation".

However, if you pay £150 and the girl only gets £10 of that then I reckon that's exploitation. I believe that the Magistrates would agree.

A girl that I knew well, worked in a parlour where the parlour kept over 50% of the fee. It was a shit place to work but she got over a £1,000 per week for working a Friday and Saturday night. She didn't like the place but she never felt exploited.

I would have thought that in the normal course of events both (1) the girl would have to consider that she was exploited and (2) the Magistrates would have to agree after having considered the facts.

I've seen several parlour girls over the years who've considered that they were exploited because they paid a proportion of their money to the owner of the parlour who did bugger all apart spend it on cars and holidays.They were paying the "normal parlour cut in Bristol". I don't think that they were exploited.

That's the norm. Girls work in brothels because the owners provide premises, clients, advertising, linen and in most cases a secure environment to work. That has to be paid for. In the majority of cases I can't see that as " exploitation".

However, if you pay £150 and the girl only gets £10 of that then I reckon that's exploitation. I believe that the Magistrates would agree.

A girl that I knew well, worked in a parlour where the parlour kept over 50% of the fee. It was a shit place to work but she got over a £1,000 per week for working a Friday and Saturday night. She didn't like the place but she never felt exploited.

I would have thought that in the normal course of events both (1) the girl would have to consider that she was exploited and (2) the Magistrates would have to agree after having considered the facts.

I've seen several parlour girls over the years who've considered that they were exploited because they paid a proportion of their money to the owner of the parlour who did bugger all apart spend it on cars and holidays.They were paying the "normal parlour cut in Bristol". I don't think that they were exploited.

Much obliged. Of course what the actual cut given to the management for sure is, is not something i would often or ever know for definate.:)

Much obliged. Of course what the actual cut given to the management for sure is, is not something i would often or ever know for definate.:o

Actually I've just read the Act and "exploitation" isn't a relevant ground .

" C engages in exploitative conduct if

Actually I've just read the Act and "exploitation" isn't a relevant ground .

" C engages in exploitative conduct if