Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starman

Boris Johnson is at it again

10 posts in this topic

Boris is the most peculiar individual--- at one level the libertarian bon viveur, but simultaneously with such a downer on prostitutes' advertising. I'm curious how he rationalises the two facets.

Letters of enquiry to his office get standardised replies from flunkies employed at the taxpayers' expense, but no sensible answer.

good to see that the bbc tried to give a bit of balance by having a sex workers rep voice their concern

Lovely choice of photo at the top of the page (Woman in despair with head in hands).Not.Unless she's facepalming because she can't believe that Boris has ballsed up again. Still London's got what it deserved voting for a major because he was funny on Have I Got News For You.

Lovely choice of photo at the top of the page (Woman in despair with head in hands).Not.Unless she's facepalming because she can't believe that Boris has ballsed up again. Still London's got what it deserved voting for a major because he was funny on Have I Got News For You.

..unlike Ken who was never funny full stop.:D

London's got what it deserved voting for a major because he was funny on Have I Got News For You.

Dead right.

Sounds like Boris is just playing to the gallery as usual.

..unlike Ken who was never funny full stop.:D

Although at times he was a joke!!!

London mayor Boris Johnson has urged shoppers to challenge newsagents who allow their windows to become advertising boards for prostitutes.

Mr Johnson said people did not realise calling cards offering "massage services" were often directly linked to organised crime and violence.

Yet again another opportunity to reduce organised crime and violence has been ignored.

There's no way he'll attend a meeting like that without bringing a bone for them to chew on.

He also knows that defending prostitution and the ads for it, however sensible, is just going to bring a shower of shit down on him. He's far too canny to be honest about this subject.

As Boris himself would no doubt say, "Well, I mean, hrumph, that is, look, hrumph...blimey!"