Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colonel Bonkers

Well, I don't THINK I have to worry, but...

10 posts in this topic

I bet no one's had this happen to him.

Situation is this: wife presently living in GB, kids abroad, me moving back and forth. Me at present abroad, one kid leaving tomorrow for GB. On the phone to Mrs B this evening, she suddenly says 'Oh, by the way, give kid your English sim card so we [ie Mrs B and kid] can be in touch easily while he's here.'

Aaarrrggg - yes, of course, darling.

Camouflaged punting contacts quickly erased and sim card obediently handed over.

I mean, it SHOULD be all right, shouldn't it? I don't think any of my pets has ever rung or texted out of the blue - and if they did [gulp] it wouldn't register as a recognized number. And kid wouldn't necessarily pass message on to Mrs. All the same, I'll be glad when he's back next Sunday. And open message to all Mr. Bloom's lovelies out there: for the next few days...JUST. SHUT. THE FUCK. UP.

You should be okay I think. Your only problem will be if any of your 'special contacts' sends you a text/calls you but I guess none of them would do that unless they arranged it with you first, right?

You would have probably been better off buying a Sim card from somewhere like O2 for £10, with credit. You might have a tense couple of days coming up. How long will your kid be staying with you for?

Might be a good idea to save the numbers to the phone rather than the sim in the future :D

Situation is this: wife presently living in GB, kids abroad, me moving back and forth. Me at present abroad, one kid leaving tomorrow for GB. On the phone to Mrs B this evening, she suddenly says 'Oh, by the way, give kid your English sim card so we [ie Mrs B and kid] can be in touch easily while he's here.'

Camouflaged punting contacts quickly erased and sim card obediently handed over.

I mean, it SHOULD be all right, shouldn't it? I don't think any of my pets has ever rung or texted out of the blue - and if they did [gulp] it wouldn't register as a recognized number. And kid wouldn't necessarily pass message on to Mrs. All the same, I'll be glad when he's back next Sunday. And open message to all Mr. Bloom's lovelies out there: for the next few days...JUST. SHUT. THE FUCK. UP.

From what you have said it should be ok. If i was in your situation i would have a phone/sim just for punting. I have read on here before where guys say they have no where to hide a phone/sim. Such a small object can always be hidden in my view.:D

Oh dear. Big mistake:(. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Good luck. Sounds as though you should be OK.

Sunday evening, and kid now returned. No atomic explosions reported in the UK, and no demands for hush money from kid, so I assume all has gone well.

Sunday evening, and kid now returned. No atomic explosions reported in the UK, and no demands for hush money from kid, so I assume all has gone well.

To save you any hassle in the future, all I do is save my old phone when I upgrade and use a free PAYG sim from my mobile provider and use that for punting.

Or you could just make sure you save everything to the sim and swap between them as needed if you dont have a surplus phone to hand. You can even save texts to the sim if you wanted

LOL - imagining Master Bloom starting the blackmail process :D;)

As Sir Alex would (probably) say, delighted that "squeaky bum time" is over.

Lol!;) Just how old IS your kid? If it's never too late, once 18 it's also never too early.:D

To save you any hassle in the future, all I do is save my old phone when I upgrade and use a free PAYG sim from my mobile provider and use that for punting.

Or you could just make sure you save everything to the sim and swap between them as needed if you dont have a surplus phone to hand. You can even save texts to the sim if you wanted

This sounds too techy for me. Phone was handed over with sim. (By the way I did find some pretty odd messages addressed to kid on it when it came back.)