cumandgo

photos

30 posts in this topic

pls excuse me I am not in the least bit techie.

If say I am on a web page with lots of info and photos on it but I merely want to uplift say a photo from that page ---- how can I keep that photo or save it , so that I can create a special web link for it so that someone else can click on that link and see the photo ?

If say I am on a web page with lots of info and photos on it but I merely want to uplift say a photo from that page ---- how can I keep that photo or save it , so that I can create a special web link for it so that someone else can click on that link and see the photo ?

Assuming that Right-hand mouse button click has not been disabled and you are not looking at some "Flash" album etc., Right-hand mouse button click on the photo and select "Properties", this will display a window that has information relating to the photo in question, one of the pieces of information will be "Address: URL", next to this will be the URL (absolute address of the picture), highlight the address and "copy" the URL and then paste it wherever you want in order to keep the URL.

If you want to keep the picture itself then, Right-hand mouse button click on the photo and select "Save Picture as" and save the picture wherever you want to save it.

Yes, this will work with most of the websites, but some of the well known sites block linking to the pictures as this is considered as stealing their bandwidth...The best way to provide a link to a picture that you found in some web page is to save the picture in your computer and upload them to free picture sharing website, like Photobucket, Imageshack etc and then provide the link...Photobucket has least number of annoying ads...

excellent guys -- thank you.

next queries;

1. Having copied and pasted the precise url of the photo ---- is it possible to forward a link to the pic to a 3rd party but yet hide the actual url address [ which contains names , dates etc ] . Iow words the 3rd party clicks on a link containing only the words say " HERE IS THE PHOTO " and that party goes direct to the photo but can go no further and can donothing more ?

2. can you store a photo somewhere , maybe like photobucket, where there is a web link but where the photo is not shared by all the members of photobucket or the world at large but only viewed by those parties to whom you decide to provide the link ?

thanks

A URL is essentially an address to alow a web browser to request content from a website. Without it a web browser has no idea what to request. So your idea of hiding the content of the URL is a bit flawed.

On a webpage you can hide the URL behind just about anything, but you'll never be able to make it invisble - defeats the object really.

Bit like sending your mate a text message that just says

NUMBER FOR BOB

and expecting his cell phone to know that it is 0777 000 0000.

If you have a Photobucket account then just go into your account and make it "Private".

I think Photobucket staff can still see them, however, so be careful.

next queries;

1. Having copied and pasted the precise url of the photo ---- is it possible to forward a link to the pic to a 3rd party but yet hide the actual url address [ which contains names , dates etc ] . Iow words the 3rd party clicks on a link containing only the words say " HERE IS THE PHOTO " and that party goes direct to the photo but can go no further and can donothing more ?

2. can you store a photo somewhere , maybe like photobucket, where there is a web link but where the photo is not shared by all the members of photobucket or the world at large but only viewed by those parties to whom you decide to provide the link ?

thanks

1. No, but you can upload each individual image and upload them to say tinypic.com then link it that way.

2. Yes

1. No, but you can upload each individual image and upload them to say tinypic.com then link it that way.

2. Yes

thanks -- can you direct me to a post where a link to a photo on tinypic was given ?

next queries;

This is only possible when you are providing the picture link through any forum boards (bulletin boards to be more precise), like the Punternet. If so, you can use the URL tag like the below in your post.

[u RL=http://www.abcd.com/image.jpg]Click On Me[/u RL] .

thanks -- can you direct me to a post where a link to a photo on tinypic was given ?

I think you miunderstood depraved. Tinypic its just an image hosting website, (similar to photobucket, imageshack, etc) where you can upload photo, then make a link to it from this forum.

This is only possible when you are providing the picture link through any forum boards (bulletin boards to be more precise), like the Punternet. If so, you can use the URL tag like the below in your post.

I think (again, lol) he comango was more concern about hiding actual URL of the image when he said " is it possible to forward a link to the pic to a 3rd party but yet hide the actual url address [ which contains names , dates etc ].

Welshpete already answered it above, and the the rest of his query was answerd by Deepthought. :)

I think you miunderstood depraved. Tinypic its just an image hosting website, (similar to photobucket, imageshack, etc) where you can upload photo, then make a link to it from this forum.

I think (again, lol) he comango was more concern about hiding actual URL of the image when he said " is it possible to forward a link to the pic to a 3rd party but yet hide the actual url address [ which contains names , dates etc ].

Welshpete already answered it above, and the the rest of his query was answerd by Deepthought. :)

Hi Xenia :)

I understood dpraved ok and have uploaded to tinypic but when you click on the tinypic link, a whole page of stuff comes up--- not just the pic.! Maybe it is something I am doing but I thought I would see what somebody else has done.

YES, I accept what welshpete said

sorry, I'm just techie thick. would you please explain this a bit more.thanks

edited ---- think I understand the tag --- but once tag is clicked one then sees the full url details. yes ?

Hi Xenia :)

I understood dpraved ok and have uploaded to tinypic but when you click on the tinypic link, a whole page of stuff comes up--- not just the pic.! Maybe it is something I am doing but I thought I would see what somebody else has done.

YES, I accept what welshpete said

I don't know what tinypic link you click, but if you want to link to individual photos which you uploaded to tinypic, then Safan explained it how to do it above.

I don't know what tinypic link you click, but if you want to link to individual photos which you uploaded to tinypic, then Safan explained it how to do it above.

yes but one will still see the full url details and I was hoping to avoid that. Tinypic does avoid this problem but it gives you more stuff than just the pic.:)

yes but one will still see the full url details and I was hoping to avoid that. Tinypic does avoid this problem but it gives you more stuff than just the pic.:)

You can not avoid it, period! As I said, welshpete already explained it.

Cumandgo - simple question for you (forget the URL of the website for now):

1) Are you able to save this picture to your computer (i.e. right click on the picture and choose "save as" and save it onto your pc?

2) Or is the photo part of a large collage and therefore one large graphic (and your can't save the individual PART of the photo you'd like)?

If you're able to do (1) the simply save the picture to your pc and upload to something like photobucket or Tinypic (but beware, they don't like raunchy photos so it may be deleted).

You can not avoid it, period! As I said, welshpete already explained it.

I think I can avoid it:)

Cumandgo - simple question for you (forget the URL of the website for now):

1) Are you able to save this picture to your computer (i.e. right click on the picture and choose "save as" and save it onto your pc?

2) Or is the photo part of a large collage and therefore one large graphic (and your can't save the individual PART of the photo you'd like)?

If you're able to do (1) the simply save the picture to your pc and upload to something like photobucket or Tinypic (but beware, they don't like raunchy photos so it may be deleted).

think I have it sorted--- ta

Show us how? :)

By doing as per my first suggestion? :(

By doing as per my fist suggestion? :(

Nope-- when you upload to Tinypic, there are a no. of addresses you can use--- i just didnt spot the right one.:)

Show us how? :(

done --- see ' sexiest photo... ' above.:) [ first time I've used that symbol ! ]

done --- see ' sexiest photo... ' above.:( [ first time I've used that symbol ! ]

Sorry I misunderstood you. Of course the original URL of the photo (where you saved it from) not going to be visible, after you uploaded picture to other hosting website and provided link to it. Doh, lol

Sorry I misunderstood you. Of course the original URL of the photo (where you saved it from) not going to be visible, after you uploaded picture to other hosting website and provided link to it. Doh, lol

Problem now is I'm going to bombard that thread above with my fav pics !:(

Right click. A menu will open. Click copy image location. You can then paste that into any document or forum. which takes you directly to the photo in isolation from the web page.

Most pictures are copyright.

Heres an example. It took 3 clicks.

Oh sorry you meant something else? Never mind.

http://www.copyright.gov/images/ID_Web_eCO-1.png

Edited by Helen Jones
x