telemaster

Probationary members

20 posts in this topic

Has anyone else noticed that there's been a spate of probationary members cropping up recently, (not only on this board), asking stupid similar questions?

Suddenly, one of these members disappears, then another comes along asking simliar things.

I'm not naming names, but could they all be some thrill seeking schooboy or retard?

Can't say I've compared the content, but I've certainly noticed the stupidity, e.g. recently posted on the Sensual Massage thread, 'Is there anywhere that we can discuss sensual massage?'.

Yes, see my post yesterday on the requests board concerning probabtionary member Mrnew1, a re-incarnation I believe of various other guises, allways

asking stupid questions and directions to web pages.

Can't say I've compared the content, but I've certainly noticed the stupidity, e.g. recently posted on the Sensual Massage thread, 'Is there anywhere that we can discuss sensual massage?'.

Lol, what was the reply?

I'm not so sure one has to be so suspicious of new members, we all have to start somewhere.

Though there are clearly some jackasses, I think that most probationary posters make very useful contributions.

As a probationary member myself, I find it strange that some of these messages get through at all. I've posted several genuine messages, that have just disappeared! ( I've followed the posting rules, but still, message disappeared).

Would be nice to know why messages don't appear on the board, as I'm starting to wonder if it's my browser etc. that has a problem.

Ho hum... Rant over. :)

As a probationary member myself, I find it strange that some of these messages get through at all. I've posted several genuine messages, that have just disappeared! ( I've followed the posting rules, but still, message disappeared).

Would be nice to know why messages don't appear on the board, as I'm starting to wonder if it's my browser etc. that has a problem.

Stoobie, as a probationary member, your posts need to be checked by a moderator or admin of this board, providing they are within the rules and once approved, they appear just like this one did. :)

Just guessing, as long as the message is not spam, no matter what the intelligence level of the post is, it should have gone through except that it will take a while to appear in the Forums. Did you go to your profile page and click on View All Posts By Stoobie?

Yes, done the view all posts thing. It seems that the first 3-4 posts I did never appeared. Perhaps I violated a posting rule or something :(

Would be nice to know what I did wrong, though, so i could avoid doing it again. As a moderator for another site ( not hobby related ), I used to give reasons for post rejections, well, except for obvious spam, but totally understand how hard the moderator job can be.

At least my posts are appearing now, so no harm done :)

Yes, done the view all posts thing. It seems that the first 3-4 posts I did never appeared. Perhaps I violated a posting rule or something :)

Would be nice to know what I did wrong, though, so i could avoid doing it again. As a moderator for another site ( not hobby related ), I used to give reasons for post rejections, well, except for obvious spam, but totally understand how hard the moderator job can be.

At least my posts are appearing now, so no harm done :)

Hi, I just checked your posting history, and as a mod can see any posts that you submitted, but which were deleted.

I can only see one post by you that was deleted - I'm not 100% sure why as the person who didn't approve your post didn't specify a reason for deleting the post. That is the only post that you submitted that hasn't appeared. I think there may have been a gremlin at your end which meant that your first few posts didn't enter the system, I'm not in a position to dig into all the background to be sure.

The info on the reasons for rejecting a post is normally just visible to Admin and mods. For reasons of workload we don't contact every poster when a post of theirs is deleted. If it is a serious transgression, or just a case that a bit of advice will help (and the relevant mod has time), then a PM (or Infraction :() will be sent.

I hope that clarifies. PM me if you have any further queries or suggestions.

yes very annoying when posts dont get posted !:(

yes very annoying when posts dont get posted !:(

Would you prefer to pay a subscription to the mods?

Ho hum... Rant over. :(

OK, it seems that you have tried to post 8 posts in total of which 2 have been deleted, once before this post where you referred out to another website and a Mod did not approve that post, the second one where you asked if Mods were bribable, clearly that one was deemed daft to approve as we are not.

I too am a Probationary Member (18 posts so far).

The fact is that, aside from the oddballs, the thrill-seekers and the immature it is inevitable that new folk will ask questions that have been asked before.

I am sure that must be a bit wearisome for the established Members but it really is a useful way for some of us to get up to speed with things. I have taken some time to look at the historical threads but there's a lot of it and only a finite amount of time one can spend on here!

I must say that most of the contributions have been really helpful to me and I have learnt a lot by just reading.

Please bear with us new folk!

I am sure that must be a bit wearisome for the established Members

Speaking for myself, not at all.

My post questioning whether the mods would take a bribe in exchange for being bumped upto a full member was supposed to be joke to diffuse any previous posts. Obviously mods don't take bribes, and perhaps my humour was lost somewhere. :(

Could easily have been but I have no idea when my clairvoyance chip will be installed and so cannot tell you if that supposition is correct.

Unfortunately, we had to up the number of posts made before you can get Full Member status dues to a sudden rash of numpties.

The interesting thing is that we still have a few and a lot of them think they can multi-nick too and wonder why those IDs cannot post..............:(

My post questioning whether the mods would take a bribe in exchange for being bumped upto a full member was supposed to be joke to diffuse any previous posts. Obviously mods don't take bribes, and perhaps my humour was lost somewhere. :(

Smilies are your friend when it comes to making jokes. Without them, it is very, very easy for readers to misinterpret your initial intent. Even with them, we get it wrong sometimes and it's not unusual to see someone get the hump over a seemingly innocuous remark.

Keep posting though :).

Smilies are your friend when it comes to making jokes. Without them, it is very, very easy for readers to misinterpret your initial intent. Even with them, we get it wrong sometimes and it's not unusual to see someone get the hump over a seemingly innocuous remark.

Northwinds, I'll speak for myself, thank you. :(

I reckon this thread has run it's course so am closing it. Anyone deeply devastated by this and dying to have a "last word" please PM me with reasoning for reopening.