Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ffs1001

The new law and parties

10 posts in this topic

Anyone have any views on how the new law would affect the 'parties'?

I'm happy to not visit massage parlours anymore, but I'd find life nearly

impossible to live without the party scene. Sadly, I only discovered it 3

months ago, but have been totally converted!

The cynic in me says that parties are effectively brothels with many girls

servicing many guys at the same time, and so are under threat from the new

law. But someone at a party said that parties as classified a bit like swingers

clubs, so are immune to the new laws.

Anyone have any views on this?

But someone at a party said that parties as classified a bit like swingers

clubs, so are immune to the new laws.

Anyone have any views on this?

As I understand it punters pay money for the supply of sexual services at a "party", that makes the supplier(s) of said sexual services prostitute(s), if there is more than one prostitute working at a "party" venue, that makes that "party" venue a brothel. I think that just about covers it.

As I understand it punters pay money for the supply of sexual services at a "party", that makes the supplier(s) of said sexual services prostitute(s), if there is more than one prostitute working at a "party" venue, that makes that "party" venue a brothel. I think that just about covers it.
.... and it has always surprised me that given how overtly and unambiguously they advertise and operate as brothels, that more of them haven't been 'busted' over the years.

Having said that, in theory it doesn't really matter what sort of venue you are talking about, brothel, private dwelling, hotel room etc. all that matters to the punter is whether or not the prostitute (any prostitute, and I mean any prostitute) is forced, coerced etc. You can't prove that the prostitute has not been forced, coerced etc. because you can't prove a negative, which is most probably why the new legislation is strict liability.

.... and it has always surprised me that given how overtly and unambiguously they advertise and operate as brothels, that more of them haven't been 'busted' over the years.

I would imagine that might change in the very near future, busting a party and finding (surprise, surprise) one of the girls has been "coerced" would give the HH crew exactly the kind of headlines they need; and without a lot of surveillence work either, more bang for your buck, as they say.

I think that as the dust settles, the "little black book" will return, re-interpreted for the digital age.

The savvier girls and punters will probably use e-mail circles of trusted folks.

If you to see how hard it is for the police & others to get info on serious lowlife like the Dog fighters, cock-fighters and that ilk, off the radar paid sex will take more resources that the "harm" merits.

the bad consequence, I suspect, is that being made to behave like criminals, the scene will attract criminals. Just like Prohibition and the criminalisation of drugs did.

The innocent punter will probably be more at risk from blackmailers than the police.

The innocent punter will probably be more at risk from blackmailers than the police.

With considerable sadness I am forced to the conclusion that "tugg" may be correct. And it isn't just re parties I think.

Uncle Pokey

And it isn't just re parties I think.

Was that by accident or design I wonder?

Was that by accident or design I wonder?

Precisely. The Home Office draftspersons are individuals of intellect. But they are following orders are they not and so the intention (the thrust) of the legislation follows the will of the Harperson.

Uncle Pokey