Colonel Bonkers

Belle v. the feminists

35 posts in this topic

Feminists hate prostitutes because their prime aim is to de-objectify a woman's body, ie, a woman is more than her body, she can be a scientist, a lecturer, a doctor etc, whilst prostitutes make a living by selling their bodies with photos of their boobs and bums on their websites.

Prostitutes, consequently, negate everything that feminists stand for.

It is for that reason, therefore, that feminists will always hate prostitutes.

Feminists hate prostitutes because their prime aim is to de-objectify a woman's body, ie, a woman is more than her body, she can be a scientist, a lecturer, a doctor etc, whilst prostitutes make a living by selling their bodies with photos of their boobs and bums on their websites.

Actually I will quite happily call myself a feminist. I am all for women. I think we are fabulous creatures.

And I choose to do precisely whatever I like with my body :D

Actually I will quite happily call myself a feminist. I am all for women. I think we are fabulous creatures.

And I choose to do precisely whatever I like with my body :D

I always thought I was a Feminist... what these Rads try to push down everyone's throats is not my idea of Feminism, it's a crackpot separatist ideology that actually sticks in my throat. What happened to freedom of choice and sexual liberation that was fought so hard for?.. now I would prefer to be an Equalist (if such a word exists)..

there are feminists & then there are feminazis such as harriet harman and vera baird

Radical feminists:

Men have subjugated women. Women want equal rights. Women want parity. Women form feminist theory. Feminists want to promote women's rights. Feminists want to subjugate men. Feminists attack everything that doesn't fit within their theory.

Andrea Dworkin (radical feminist author with a good face for radio) who promoted herself as a lesbian (which fits in nicely with the argument that men are superfluous) got married to an apparently gay man. She kept this marriage secret. This is how far the feminists will go to be seen as feminists even when their real feelings conflict with the theory. Harriet Harman et al put little store in evidence which doesn't support their views.

Yup, a good salvo from the heavy artillery.

I was just playing catch-up with Belle's other blog posts on rookie plays and Frequently Arsed-up Quandaries for guys. Now I'm not a "Nice Guy", but the one about making an effort on Feb 25th... ouch!

Had a really good chuckle when I read that post by Belle, one of her best bits ever.

As for feminsim on Prostitution: there is more to it then the radfems make of it:

http://www.feministissues.com/chart.pdf

Keep up the writing Belle!

I don't subscribe to any '-isms'. Communism started as a desire to free oppressed masses from control by a despotic privileged class but under Stalin, millions were transported to the gulags and murdered. Fascism proposed the rule of law and trains running on time: it's remembered for World War II and Auschwitz.

As far as feminism goes, I'm not implacably opposed to everything that feminists claim they stand for but there's so much wrong with the practice of feminism as I've seen it that I will not wear the badge.

When someone tells me they're a feminist, I start to back away. It's like meeting someone who claims to be a religious fundamentalist - experience tells me that any minute now, they're going to produce their Holy Book and ask me if I've been saved, that is if they haven't got a suicide vest primed and ready to blow... :D

Feminists have hated prostitutes ever since the French Revolution in the 18th Century.

What happened was that the feminists were determined that the ideals of the French Revolution (Liberty, Equality, Fraternity) would also apply to Women. Accordingly, they drafted a bill on Women's Rights, one of the proposals included a provision outlawing the payment of women by men for sex. Once the prostitutes heard about this, they were in an uproar. They carefully waited until the feminists marched in the streets in support of their latest proposals and then cornered the feminists. The feminists, being more fragile and delicate women than the prostitutes, were well and truly beaten up.

Perhaps the girls of today should waylay Julie Bindel and her cohorts !

:D

Edited by Matium
spelling

I think its time we called for SECURITY...and im going to hide in some priory till its all calm again.

I can feel a "diction" coming on.

Some prostitutes have attitudes that are very well aligned with feminism, Olivia being one such example. No offense there Oli.

Some prostitutes have attitudes that are very well aligned with feminism, Olivia being one such example. No offense there Oli.

None taken darling.. I know you know where I am are coming from in my views.. I love men and I def do not fall into man hater camp but I would like to be seen as an equal. All my adult life I have provided for myself and even as a girl I left home at a very young age, put myself through 6th Form and University (for 2 degrees) whilst having a job and for my Post Grad I was also working and looking after a very small baby.. I have always provided for my child without help from anyone by normal working means and through whoring. I also have professional business qualifications I work in this sector because I want to.. But I believe in freedom of choice and sexual liberation and to me this means I can exercise my right (and enjoyment) to take part in the paid sex industry. I was told by a Rad fem on a Guardian debate that Feminism has no place for a career prostitute like me. I was disgusted by that blinkered and bigoted statement.

Surely the absurdity of it all is thrown up if you try to think of a 'masculinist' movement. How could such an entitiy represent all men? Ditto how can a feminist movement represent all women? We are individuals!! Unfortunately we are also beset by self-seeking groups who purport to represent us in some way, generally without our consent. Their interest is in power and their own self-importance.

I always thought I was a Feminist... what these Rads try to push down everyone's throats is not my idea of Feminism, it's a crackpot separatist ideology that actually sticks in my throat. What happened to freedom of choice and sexual liberation that was fought so hard for?.. now I would prefer to be an Equalist (if such a word exists)..

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing - but the only word I could think of was 'humanist' which has already been claimed!! Equalist is great though - let it be used henceforth!!

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing - but the only word I could think of was 'humanist' which has already been claimed!! Equalist is great though - let it be used henceforth!!

How about using 2 words: Liberal Feminist.

I totally agree. From their lofty perches they look down on those with different views to themselves with utter contempt. They are in favour of choice as long as the choice is something they agree with.

Or how about these two: sex positive? :D

B

Why not eleven:

Council Of Courtesans, Kinky Streetwalkers, Unicorns & Celestial Knackersac-Eating Relief Stewardesses.

Julie Bindel cofounder of Justice For Women, Guardian columnist and a Stonewall award winner is a transphobic bigot. Despite arguing that biology is not destiny and gender is a social construct this somehow doesn't seem to count for transwomen in her view. If there's a more perfect example of the social construction of gender than tranexualism I can't think of it.

It seems like bigotry and small mindedness is taking route like it did in the eighties. I was at uni in the late eighties and you felt scared to voice an opinion that hadn't been passed by some committee. Who the hell do they think they are telling anyone what to do with their own body and their life?

None taken darling.. I know you know where I am are coming from in my views.. I love men and I def do not fall into man hater camp but I would like to be seen as an equal. All my adult life I have provided for myself and even as a girl I left home at a very young age, put myself through 6th Form and University (for 2 degrees) whilst having a job and for my Post Grad I was also working and looking after a very small baby.. I have always provided for my child without help from anyone by normal working means and through whoring. I also have professional business qualifications I work in this sector because I want to.. But I believe in freedom of choice and sexual liberation and to me this means I can exercise my right (and enjoyment) to take part in the paid sex industry. I was told by a Rad fem on a Guardian debate that Feminism has no place for a career prostitute like me. I was disgusted by that blinkered and bigoted statement.

I most certainly do my dear, and a very admirable job you make of it too. Keep up the good work.:D

I most certainly do my dear, and a very admirable job you make of it too. Keep up the good work.:D

Thank you. ;)

Great, great post Olivia. As I have said on previous posts, one of the advantages of punting is meeting many women with real drive and spirit and yet who dont necessarily want to be like men in a man's world.I believe you pride yourself on being tough and independent, but a hint of a smile in a couple of your photos would be lovely.:D

Great, great post Olivia. As I have said on previous posts, one of the advantages of punting is meeting many women with real drive and spirit and yet who dont necessarily want to be like men in a man's world.I believe you pride yourself on being tough and independent, but a hint of a smile in a couple of your photos would be lovely.;)

You try smiling in your undies in a freezing studio for 2 hours.. I don't show my face anyways.. and in reality I smile and laugh A LOT. :D