jackdaw

The last hurrah

9 posts in this topic

Coming away from my last escapade, I realized my present style of doing things relies heavily on a good degree of fitness. (I'm certainly not talking about vigour of my bonking... but largely about effort of getting to and from the scene of the action.)

That melancholy thought "not many years of this left" crossed my mind. So I've made a late New Year's resolution (first for many years): get in as many escapades as practical this year.

Anybody else had a year of "really going for it"?? If so how'd it work out??

Coming away from my last escapade, I realized my present style of doing things relies heavily on a good degree of fitness. (I'm certainly not talking about vigour of my bonking... but largely about effort of getting to and from the scene of the action.)

That melancholy thought "not many years of this left" crossed my mind. So I've made a late New Year's resolution (first for many years): get in as many escapades as practical this year.

2008 and 2009 were both very busy punting years for me, i had semi retired then retired and had time on my hands to pursue my punting desires. Overall very enjoyable with the odd hiccup along the way.

I'm planning on making 2010 a busy one, as I fear opportunity will be reduced in the not too distant future - woe alas!

Maybe you and Bobin About (see this thread) should form a Keep Fit Club for punters to extend your punting years. I might join myself, having watched my waistline expand to the point where "jogging three times" has returned to my list of things to fit in every week :D.

P.S. I had a week of "really going for it" last year, with a punt per day for 9 days. I'm pretty sure neither my wallet nor my libido would have held up much longer though ;).

Maybe you and Bobin About (see this thread) should form a Keep Fit Club for punters to extend your punting years. I might join myself, having watched my waistline expand to the point where "jogging three times" has returned to my list of things to fit in every week :D.

P.S. I had a week of "really going for it" last year, with a punt per day for 9 days. I'm pretty sure neither my wallet nor my libido would have held up much longer though :confused:.

I actually have altered my fitness routine, and I must admit that a strong element of the driving force has been to extend my "puntability". I suspect that's not all that unusual for punters of my "vintage" (late fifties). On balance I reckon punting is a very positive part of my life.

But a punt a day for 9 days... that's really going for it. My personal target is not to miss a week (i.e. get in at least one 2 hour session), and occasionally fit in two.

Maybe I should get more ambitious and think about an holiday centered in somewhere like Manchester or Milton Keynes. (I can feel a strange desire to see the National Hockey Museum growing within my breast.)

(I can feel a strange desire to see the National Hockey Museum growing within my breast.)

Perhaps it would be of interest to you to know that there is a most significant exhibition of historic war photography at the Imperial War Museum North, currently?

Sex is the best form of excersise :confused:

Perhaps it would be of interest to you to know that there is a most significant exhibition of historic war photography at the Imperial War Museum North, currently?

It would. I went along with a friend to the Imperial War Museum at London (near Lambeth North.). 7 floors. So went to the top: "We'll work our way down". That was the plan.

Top floor is dedicated to the events of the Holocaust. We stayed there all day. Profoundly moving, I suggest anybody that goes should take a goodly supply of tissues. Probably the best museum I've seen.

Sex is the best form of excersise :(

Not the way I do it.