Ghenghis

Repeat phone calls - how soon is too soon?

13 posts in this topic

On another thread here a lady is complaining about effectively being stalked by an over eager punter and the behaviour she describes does sound obsessive, however:

As a lot of you know I tend in the main to research my punts thoroughly before booking and normally try to have about three in various stages of completion at a time, in the past, spur of the moment punts have had very mixed results.

When I did try a spur of the moment appointment it was because I was horny, hot to trot and ready to Rock & Roll, had money burning a hole in my pocket and was a man on EMission!! :confused:

Therefore I would try maybe three ladies I fancied and in each case if I got no reply would wait about 10-15 minutes and try again. Therefore in the space of an hour a lady could have four missed calls from my number.

From my POV, it was merely just trying not to ruin a perfectly useful punting day but I wondered how the ladies in question found it where someone spent a lot of time trying to contact them and then apparently vapourised.

Comments ladies?

Men, are you like that sometimes? What was the reaction? Did you think about it?

Four missed calls in one hour would probably make me raise an eyebrow. I might think 'He's keen!'. But I would also think 'Why the hell doesn't he leave a message saying when I can call him back instead of keep ringing?'

I have missed three calls from one number over the last two days. When the first call came in I was able to check my phone but wasn't in a position to talk, so I immediately sent a text saying 'Can't talk now, but please text if you'd like'. No reply. The caller has called twice more but have never left a message.

This puzzles me. Callers who don't leave a message ALWAYS puzzle me - even if it's only 'Please don't call me back!' (Which I don't unless they ask me to).

I prefer a voicemail.

Four missed calls in one hour would probably make me raise an eyebrow. I might think 'He's keen!'. But I would also think 'Why the hell doesn't he leave a message saying when I can call him back instead of keep ringing?'

I have missed three calls from one number over the last two days. When the first call came in I was able to check my phone but wasn't in a position to talk, so I immediately sent a text saying 'Can't talk now, but please text if you'd like'. No reply. The caller has called twice more but have never left a message.

This puzzles me. Callers who don't leave a message ALWAYS puzzle me - even if it's only 'Please don't call me back!' (Which I don't unless they ask me to).

In my case as stated it's because I am trying three or four different ladies and it's a case that I will plump for the first one on my list that I get answering and only go on to the next one after that if the call throws up something dodgy. Leaving a message in that case means that if the lady returns the call out of courtesy (Or sales savvy) and I have since made another booking then she is "disappointed".

It's interesting how two "sides" of the same event, are perceived differently and your insights are useful.

I will try a number a few times as I understand that she may be busy when I first call. I usually don't leave a message as I don't know when it will be picked up and do not want calls when it may not be convenient. I do have a seperate phone which is switched off when I'm not actively seeking a punt so they may not be able to contact me anyway. I have usually a couple of girls in mind and if I can't get through to one I'll try another. On one occaision I have called got no response so phoned another girl made a booking and then got a text from the first saying sorry I missed your call. Usually though you don't know if she is available so the onlt sure way of knowing is speaking with them.

Surely though, in your mesage you would say 'Please don't call me back unless it is between xxx and xxx time'? Or words to that effect?

If I'm in a position where I know I'm not able to answer my voicemail will advise a time to call back - although then I sometimes have the problem that all callers will ring back on that exact minute!Sometimes I may simply have been on the loo or not able to get my phone out of my bag in time so send a quick text "sorry missed your call". That works a lot of the time! Repeat calls are fine as long as they aren't obsessive i.e. if my voicemail says I'm busy there is no point ringing back a lot of times.

What can be really annoying is guys using withheld numbers ringing many times as you haven't a clue if it's the same person, or several different individuals. On that point I'm actually getting fed up of withhelds at the moment as a high proportion are turning out to be w@nkers, who sound genuine at first but the call moves onto the size of their manhood/silly fantasies or abusive speak. I'm considering not answering any withhelds for a while as they are simply blocking genuine enquiries.

I'm happy to ring genuine chaps back and have no problem with them saying they've found someone else. There are other ladies out there and you have a choice, doesn't disappoint at all.

It is amazing the number of girls who do not have voicemail. Quite often the phone goes unanswered. One assumes they are busy and then calls back later if I haven't arranged anuthing in the meantime.

My VM is always on and updated as much as I can - although I'm not perfect and to sometimes also have the odd lie-in.

Amazing how many late night (2-3am) messages I get asking me to visit xyz hotel now for a 'goodtime'. Ermm to have left that message they've had to listen to my VM saying I'm not available until at least 8am.

I will try a number a few times as I understand that she may be busy when I first call. I usually don't leave a message as I don't know when it will be picked up and do not want calls when it may not be convenient. I do have a seperate phone which is switched off when I'm not actively seeking a punt so they may not be able to contact me anyway. I have usually a couple of girls in mind and if I can't get through to one I'll try another. On one occaision I have called got no response so phoned another girl made a booking and then got a text from the first saying sorry I missed your call. Usually though you don't know if she is available so the onlt sure way of knowing is speaking with them.

I sometimes do similar to yourself. But if the lady is one i am very keen to punt with i will leave a message and hopefully she will reply. If she is a lady i want to punt with but she is among a number of likely ladies i wouldnt leave a message, but i might ring her a couple of times, if i get no answer i move on but may try the first lady again in the future.

I am often looking for a punt on the day i ring, so whoever answers and i like what i hear is where i go.:)

On my own VM it suggests leaving it a minimum of 30 mins, any quicker than that and like others it would make me think hmmmmm.

Im not sure why a lady would feel dissapointed if you left a message pointing out its only a possible at that time.

The thing is to spare a thought for your fellow punter too. It might be a bit off putting for him to hear the phone ringing and ringing. Some ladies dont switch it to silent as its easy to forget.:)

My VM is always on and updated as much as I can - although I'm not perfect and to sometimes also have the odd lie-in.

Amazing how many late night (2-3am) messages I get asking me to visit xyz hotel now for a 'goodtime'. Ermm to have left that message they've had to listen to my VM saying I'm not available until at least 8am.

Yes my voicemail is always update with my hours and days for the week but the same thing happens to me with that type of crank who, unlike the sensible guys with braincells don't actually listen to your voicemail message :)