cumandgo

your profiles of the posters here

18 posts in this topic

I have been on the boards, reasonably actively now for7/8 months--- I know many of you have been here much much longer. It is only human to build up a picture/profile in your head of particular posters. Some of you have punted with each other and I wonder to what extent [ if any] the other party matched your pre-conceived profile of that person, whether you be a punter or a WG ? You dont need to name names but it would be interesting to see if you thought that the person matched the 'profile personality' of their posts ?

I intend to request a booking with one or two of the ladies here when I get the opportunity to do so and hence my interest in the subject.:)

I have been on the boards, reasonably actively now for7/8 months--- I know many of you have been here much much longer. It is only human to build up a picture/profile in your head of particular posters. Some of you have punted with each other and I wonder to what extent [ if any] the other party matched your pre-conceived profile of that person, whether you be a punter or a WG ? You dont need to name names but it would be interesting to see if you thought that the person matched the 'profile personality' of their posts ?

I intend to request a booking with one or two of the ladies here when I get the opportunity to do so and hence my interest in the subject.:)

8 of the 9 ladies i have punted with who are or were board members were pretty much what i had imagined them to be like, remembering that in every case i had seen pictures of the lady beforehand, so had their pictures and posts to help, so when we did meet i knew at least roughly what she would look like. So their posts did match their profile personality as you call it.

The 9th lady was known on here as a blatant self publicist, big head and general i have done and seen it all type poster. I decided to punt with her thinking she cant be like this in reality, and she was friendly and good although her constant talking about herself meant i havent and wouldnt punt with her again.:eek:

I intend to request a booking with one or two of the ladies here when I get the opportunity to do so and hence my interest in the subject.:eek:

Slightly different I know, but I have a picture in my head of Ghenghis looking exactly like my old headmaster. Perhaps its because the Mod role reminds me of that kind of authority :)

8 of the 9 ladies i have punted with who are or were board members were pretty much what i had imagined them to be like, remembering that in every case i had seen pictures of the lady beforehand, so had their pictures and posts to help, so when we did meet i knew at least roughly what she would look like. So their posts did match their profile personality as you call it.

The 9th lady was known on here as a blatant self publicist, big head and general i have done and seen it all type poster. I decided to punt with her thinking she cant be like this in reality, and she was friendly and good although her constant talking about herself meant i havent and wouldnt punt with her again.:eek:

Well done Smiths--- that really is a much higher matching ratio than I would have thought probable. I wonder is that down to your skills in interpreting their personalities through reading their posts here .:)

There is the bit of divil in me to seek a booking with a WG whose perceived personality I probably would not naturally gravitate towards but yet I might physically fancy.Probably cant go too badly wrong in a 1-2 hour meet but the risk would be fun. On the otherhand, I note from other posters that WGs have refused to meet them,based purely on the profile in their head created by reading his posts here . I wonder whether I would suffer the same fate but anyway would probably not seek a booking under my nickname for all the good reasons mentioned in numerous previous threads .

I must say I really admire the girls who post using their work names and yet are prepared to speak their minds and give their views , even where it not be might seen to be politically correct --- very confident and attractive.!

Well done Smiths--- that really is a much higher matching ratio than I would have thought probable. I wonder is that down to your skills in interpreting their personalities through reading their posts here .:)

There is the bit of divil in me to seek a booking with a WG whose perceived personality I probably would not naturally gravitate towards but yet I might physically fancy.Probably cant go too badly wrong in a 1-2 hour meet but the risk would be fun. On the otherhand, I note from other posters that WGs have refused to meet them,based purely on the profile in their head created by reading his posts here . I wonder whether I would suffer the same fate but anyway would probably not seek a booking under my nickname for all the good reasons mentioned in numerous previous threads .

I must say I really admire the girls who post using their work names and yet are prepared to speak their minds and give their views , even where it not be might seen to be politically correct --- very confident and attractive.!

More likely just good fortune.:eek: What you mention about punting with someone you would not naturally gravitate towards but physically fancy was the exact scenario with the 9th lady i mentioned.

I had two turndowns from ladies on here sadly. I agree with you about ladies who use their work names but speak their minds, but i would say most punters i meet at Parties as well as most WGs i punt with have never heard of Pnet, my very rough straw poll is it is known by between 15-20%. Of course the actual percentage could be more, especially since HH gave her free publicity last year. Certainly the forum is less known than the FR system, and it being called Message Board doesnt help in my view. So many people have said i didnt know that was a forum. Calling it simply The Forum or Pnet Forum or similar would make it clearer IMO.:)

The two ladies I've actually met on this board are both beautiful, courteous, intelligent and the nicest people you could hope to meet. I was very lucky to meet them, one has retired and the other I'm on my way to see in a while! :):D

One person I corresponded with, but didn't meet, turned out to be very different but I don't want to dwell on that.

Of course you can't really tell one hundred percent but thankfully most of those with whom I've chatted have been very nice. :eek:

Back in the earliest days of PN I met a bunch of people at Erotica and it was a heap of fun everyone was true to themselves. I went on to see one girl privately with whom I had become friends with I will always have a small regret letting life divert me from taking that further.

I have met a couple of the women from the fr's and board in the past "professionally" and it was pretty much as expected. I think that there is an added frisson to knowing more about the person and an added risk that there is scope for disappointment. As with all risk it can be mitigated by "keeping it real". Accepting that there is a basic commercial element intrinsic to the board and remembering that business is business is a good place to start.

Slightly different I know, but I have a picture in my head of Ghenghis looking exactly like my old headmaster. Perhaps its because the Mod role reminds me of that kind of authority :)

I take it your old Headmaster was slim, muscular, devilishly handsome, ultra intelligent, kindly and popular with everyone?? :eek::D

If so, nothing like me!! :)

The 9th lady was known on here as a blatant self publicist, big head and general i have done and seen it all type poster. I decided to punt with her thinking she cant be like this in reality, and she was friendly and good although her constant talking about herself meant i havent and wouldnt punt with her again.:)

Now then we are all dying to know who this was don't they post anymore?? xx

Now then we are all dying to know who this was don't they post anymore?? xx

They havent posted since last year but were most active on here in late 2008.:)

...........to what extent [ if any] the other party matched your pre-conceived profile of that person, whether you be a punter or a WG ?

Every single person I have met, who I know of the persona on a board such as this, has been completely different in the flesh (so to speak) - Except for one. He turned out to be exactly the same. Very courteous polite and completely lacking in BS.

I had a real spat with someone on a lesser board a few years ago. I fought tooth and nail with him. He gave as good as he got. I hated his persona and he mine. He eventually became a regular client. Totally different in reality.

Nope Id say on the whole, and definitely in my limited experience, text personas are quite unreliable as a measure of the person behind the keyboard.

Its an unnatural environment for starters! You cannot possibly understand what somebody is about without meeting them, or at least communicating in real time with real voice.

All of the Ladies I've met via boards (on here, on the old NG board, and on X-n) were a success.

I have to say. I am rather careful, and even more so these days.

And when approaching a known board poster-ess I am open about who I am on the board, why I want to meet them (my prefs can be gleaned from my posting and my blog) and I make it clear they say "no", I will not take offence.

Also, I do want a voice comms before meeting, just to check the general "connect".

I have had one polite reject: she'd rather not see me, and I respect that.

And there is another lady who misunderstood my PMs and I wont approach her anymore either.

Actually, I wont go about makeing a booking to known posters without IDing myself.

Agencies are (used to be) a different thing tho: when calling an agent I dont know yet, I tend not to ID myself as board-poster. Of course, after an FR or two, most agents catch on.

Nowadays, I rarely use agencies anymore, as my regulars are Excellent and Steady, reliable and consistently good.

The one gripe I have still: when exploring a new area or sounding out new Indies, not from the board: RE-LI-A-BIL-I-TY.

It can be a PAIN to arrange a first meet with indies.

Hence, I have been known to double-book and even then, ended up alone because they both defaulted. A snazzy website is not a mearsure for

reliability yet.

Might have something to do with that I'm strickly outcall ?

The one gripe I have still: when exploring a new area or sounding out new Indies, not from the board: RE-LI-A-BIL-I-TY.

It can be a PAIN to arrange a first meet with indies.

Hence, I have been known to double-book and even then, ended up alone because they both defaulted. A snazzy website is not a mearsure for

reliability yet.

Might have something to do with that I'm strickly outcall ?

I don't understand how you can double-book an appointment and then complain about a lady's reliability? Are girls that unreliable?? (And am I incredibly naive for asking that?)

Apart from one day on tour last year when I was incredibly ill and informed every single gentleman well in advance, I have NEVER been late or not turned up for a booking - or even had to call to say I couldn't make it. Once I take a booking, it's MADE and the time belongs to the lady or gentleman who has booked me. I'd be really annoyed if I turned up and the person had double booked - unless of course it was for a threesome lol

All of the ladies I have met have surprised my by being much warmer than I would have thought. Maybe thats my dodgy take on humanity.

I don't understand how you can double-book an appointment and then complain about a lady's reliability? Are girls that unreliable?? (And am I incredibly naive for asking that?)

Apart from one day on tour last year when I was incredibly ill and informed every single gentleman well in advance, I have NEVER been late or not turned up for a booking - or even had to call to say I couldn't make it. Once I take a booking, it's MADE and the time belongs to the lady or gentleman who has booked me. I'd be really annoyed if I turned up and the person had double booked - unless of course it was for a threesome lol

In my experience most ladies are very reliable but with those i havent punted with before i always have a plan b just in case which i have used on ocassion due to a scamming, attempted scamming or the lady lying about services or size etc.

As i only punt in a certain area i ensure i have the number of various ladies who i ring if the first lady does one of the above, if available i make an appointment and head over to her place. For me having a back up plan means its easier to walk and not think with my dick which is what bad providers rely on.:confused:

I've just totted it up and I make it that I've met ten ladies who are (or have been) fairly regular posters on this forum. All of them attracted me because I liked their posting style and wanted to see if we would get on in the flesh.

I am happy to report that we all did :confused:.

By far the majority of these ladies turned out to have real life personalities that matched at least some aspects of their posting style. Of course there was far more to them in person than what can be gleaned from a few posts on a message board and it was nice to get a more rounded view of what they were really like. In the majority of cases, the girls knew who I was on pnet before we met and the couple who didn't found out during the punt. The shared ground that gave us led to a better punt imho. At least half of the ladies went on to become repeat experiences, which I wasn't really planning on happening either.

One of the ladies I met has a reputation for having a bit of a sharp tongue on these boards. I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that she was delightful in person and we got on very well. There was no "edge" to her whatsoever, which I had half expected from having read her posts. That went some way to proving to me that although you can pick up flavours of poster's personalities from this forum, you can by no means know the whole person.

I've just totted it up and I make it that I've met ten ladies who are (or have been) fairly regular posters on this forum. All of them attracted me because I liked their posting style and wanted to see if we would get on in the flesh.

By far the majority of these ladies turned out to have real life personalities that matched at least some aspects of their posting style. Of course there was far more to them in person than what can be gleaned from a few posts on a message board and it was nice to get a more rounded view of what they were really like. In the majority of cases, the girls knew who I was on pnet before we met and the couple who didn't found out during the punt. The shared ground that gave us led to a better punt imho. At least half of the ladies went on to become repeat experiences, which I wasn't really planning on happening either.

One of the ladies I met has a reputation for having a bit of a sharp tongue on these boards. I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that she was delightful in person and we got on very well. There was no "edge" to her whatsoever, which I had half expected from having read her posts. That went some way to proving to me that although you can pick up flavours of poster's personalities from this forum, you can by no means know the whole person.

Second all of that.

In a lot of cases the regular posting actually gives a good impression of the personality.

Funnily enough it would be 10 ladies for me with the Party lady Melons Marie becoming a member on here this week, but i have never had sexual relations with her, although we have both been naked next to each other with others, and i have seen her enthusiastic work ethic at close quarters.

I very much agree about the shared ground which has been an excellent ice breaker and has made my punts better as a result also.:confused::D