ladyofthemansion

Policemen use brothels. Good reason to make them legal.

7 posts in this topic

I think its about time brothels are made legal. The men need them. Even the old bill need a shag now and again. Come on Hattie!

If everything some police do became legal we wouldn't need a police force

I think its about time brothels are made legal. The men need them. Even the old bill need a shag now and again. Come on Hattie!

I'm not sure that the fact that policemen use brothels is the best reason to legalise them, but I bet that's what is keeping most of them from being closed by the police :confused:

Some better reasons that I can think of are that it would...

• improve safety by allow girls to share a flat and report attacks/robberies without fear of prosecution
  • encourage more responsible brothel ownership, and actually reduce trafficking and other coercion
  • increase the tax revenues from the sex industry

The only problem I can see is that they would probably have to make the owners register the premises and then the neighbours would complain.

I know this was proposed when the new legislation was first introduced, does anyone know the reasons given for dropping this idea?

I'm not sure that the fact that policemen use brothels is the best reason to legalise them, but I bet that's what is keeping most of them from being closed by the police :confused:

Some better reasons that I can think of are that it would...

• improve safety by allow girls to share a flat and report attacks/robberies without fear of prosecution
  • encourage more responsible brothel ownership, and actually reduce trafficking and other coercion
  • increase the tax revenues from the sex industry

The only problem I can see is that they would probably have to make the owners register the premises and then the neighbours would complain.

I know this was proposed when the new legislation was first introduced, does anyone know the reasons given for dropping this idea?

:confused:

it was discussed for a very brief moment in 2003 but Tony Blair personally stopped it, search this site for articles

Katharine Raymond special adviser to David Blunkett from 2001 to 2004. :The problem is that current strategy on prostitution was forensically examined just two years ago. I helped prepare a government paper called 'Paying the Price' which described our laws as 'outdated, confusing and ineffective', and called for people's views on legalised brothels, registration for prostitutes and local-authority sponsored red light zones. But it did not work in the way we had hoped. In Whitehall, only a handful of politicians and officials wanted the report to see the light of day. At the Home Office we were divided between those eager to publish - and be damned if necessary - and those wanting the whole issue to go away.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2006/dec/17/comment.politics3

after the that HH took over, and the rest is history

No 10 'blocked move to legalise prostitution'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/dec/17/suffolkmurders.ukcrime

It would surprise you, 'How many Mr Plods actually frequent, 'House of Ilrepute' so to speak !!!. I have come across quite a few over my past & present years of, 'Punting' !. Just incase you are all wondering, how would you know they were, 'Plods'. Some have actually told me they were ?. :confused:

I've only punted the once so far but my thoughts on the subject are that as long as it's done in a safe, efficient and organised way that it should really be the business of the professional and the client, in fact treating this industry with the respect it deserves would solve a lot of the issues that keep its negative image upheld.

So much could be done to protect so many. Licensed brothels with registered workers, health regulations so the client can be sure that he's getting someone clean, maybe even inductions for clients to make sure they are eligible to be left alone with a WG, should safety measures fail the police would not be such an iffy option and I'm guessing there'd be little to no need for traffickers any more.

At the end of the day we can argue over the morals of prostitution til our face turns blue but I don't even think it's a case of justification, it should be a case of us doing what we want to consensually do with our own bodies, why do we not have that right? That's my biggest question. A lot of this can also apply to my views on drugs (although I only smoke weed).

In short, Britain wants to sort it out mush!