Claire

Have you ever...

67 posts in this topic

... punted with someone from the board who didn't know, and still doesn't know, your board identity?

... punted with someone from the board who didn't know, and still doesn't know, your board identity?

Yes Claire; several.

Initially, yes. But she knows who I am now.

Although, it wasn't because I was hiding my identity. Just never got around to telling her :confused:

I figured that if you know their identity, then why shouldn't you tell them yours. What have you got to hide... actually, don't answer that one :confused:

Dont know if she knows or not ! Only ever met one .:confused:

You need to watch it Claire, with questions like this some of the headbangers on here will accuse you of being the new Lady of the Mansion! :confused:

You need to watch it Claire, with questions like this some of the headbangers on here will accuse you of being the new Lady of the Mansion! :confused:

Hardly - I post one new thread about every three months. And I have a genuine reason for my enquiry.

Hardly - I post one new thread about every three months. And I have a genuine reason for my enquiry.

Pray tell ......

Hardly

Quite, you have a very respectable post to thread ratio of 45.1.

No; I have found that knowing someone through here, even if only slightly, enhances the experience for me; I hope it does for the lady concerned also.

/fluffy

No; I have found that knowing someone through here, even if only slightly, enhances the experience for me; I hope it does for the lady concerned also.

/fluffy

I agree - somehow they are not a stranger!

/fluffy

I agree - somehow they are not a stranger!

Quite. Somehow I don't think it's right that a lady shouldn't know if a guy who's come to visit is someone with whom she's had a disagreement on this board, or whose views and practices he's condoned are matters that make her feel uncomfortable. She should at least know, that way she can make her own choice whether or not to see that poster. If that makes any sense.

Just my view and I'm not suggesting anyone here is guilty of deliberate subterfuge.

I haven't punted with a Board poster, and wouldn't without pre-advising her of my Board name, not because I would be looking for special treatment, but because I would wish her to have the option not to confirm the appointment if she so wished.

I haven't punted with a Board poster, and wouldn't without pre-advising her of my Board name, not because I would be looking for special treatment, but because I would wish her to have the option not to confirm the appointment if she so wished.

I'm not sure I really understand this. A WG is not interested in discovering the views of a newbie [ for her ] punter in advance of a booking.Certainly, I have never been asked to declare my views on anything nor have I been asked any searching personality questions. All that is required is that you are clean, polite, considerate and makes an effort throughout the booking. If the board member does all of these things , on what basis would a WG properly want to refuse a booking ? The punters who post here are supposed to be anonymous.

probably. I tend to confess when I arrive, but it may have slipped my mind to do it more than once. It has been likened to having the tax inspector call by one wg

Quite, you have a very respectable post to thread ratio of 45.1

Is that '45 posts on every thread'?? ;)

I'm not sure I really understand this. A WG is not interested in discovering the views of a newbie [ for her ] punter in advance of a booking.Certainly, I have never been asked to declare my views on anything nor have I been asked any searching personality questions. All that is required is that you are clean, polite, considerate and makes an effort throughout the booking. If the board member does all of these things , on what basis would a WG properly want to refuse a booking ? The punters who post here are supposed to be anonymous.

I do think that posts can reflect personality, especially when it's over time and conversations sometimes get heated... On the old board, a well-known WG had fallen out with some punters over things they'd posted here, and said that she didn't want clients like that. One "gentleman" said he'd book her, fuck her all ways and then tell her who he was - and boast about it on the board. OK, he'd be clean, polite etc all the way through - but how do you think she'd have felt afterwards?

(As far as I know, he didn't carry through his "threat".)

Is that '45 posts on every thread'?? ;)

Sorry, do you have a point to make?

To me the usual dynamic is different though. Its quite an unusual situation compared with most punts in that you may know more about the lady than you would usually and she might of read your posts. As to being anonymous, even meeting ladies off here doesnt change that unless you want it to. As i said on your own thread i was refused a booking by 2 ladies on here who knew my nick, but i could of still punted with them if i had wanted to by ringing them and not letting them know who i was. I wouldnt do that though as its underhand in my view.

For me i would tell her as i would want to post about it so apart from out of courtesy she might twig when she reads the post of course. I cant say i havent punted with a board member without knowing who she was for certain because perhaps i have but wasnt aware she was. It would think this is unlikely though.;)

Sorry, do you have a point to make?

That he doesn't understand the word "ratio"? ;)

I'm intrigued that when I started a similar thread recently everyone started talking about seeking some special advantage if you disclosed your ID.

I've seen a few girls off here, I didn't mention it with the first one, I was fairly new to punting then and thought it best to say nothing. I always mention it now and it's never been a problem.

Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.

page 192 ' The Catcher..., Salinger good advice W.P.;)

If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where i was born, and what my lousy childhood was like,and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but i don't feel like going into it , if you want to know the truth. W.P.