elrond

Ecp

3 posts in this topic

They are running a meeting in the

Tuesday 3 February 6pm

Committee Room 6

House of Commons

Rape and Prostitution - A Question of Consent

While government feminists and religious fundamentalists equate prostitution with rape and claim most sex workers have been trafficked, rapists continue to get away with it - the conviction rate for reported rape in England and Wales is a shocking 6%. But a growing international movement for women's safety is demanding the decriminalization of sex work. In England it has defeated government attempts to "rehabilitate" sex workers and is opposing proposals to raid brothels and criminalize clients. In San Francisco 41% voted for decriminalization in the last elections.

SPEAKERS from the Safety First Coalition, Women Against Rape, the International Prostitutes Collective, and from GUYANA, INDIA, PERU, TRINIDAD & TOBAGO.

They are running a meeting in the

Tuesday 3 February 6pm

Committee Room 6

House of Commons

Rape and Prostitution - A Question of Consent

While government feminists and religious fundamentalists equate prostitution with rape and claim most sex workers have been trafficked, rapists continue to get away with it - the conviction rate for reported rape in England and Wales is a shocking 6%. But a growing international movement for women's safety is demanding the decriminalization of sex work. In England it has defeated government attempts to "rehabilitate" sex workers and is opposing proposals to raid brothels and criminalize clients. In San Francisco 41% voted for decriminalization in the last elections.

SPEAKERS from the Safety First Coalition, Women Against Rape, the International Prostitutes Collective, and from GUYANA, INDIA, PERU, TRINIDAD & TOBAGO.

Do they later make public the transcripts?

I don't know, I can ask. I am seriously considering going as Cari did say she would like to meet me. Unfortunately I have not worked out the logistical problems of attending.