dick78

Trad stocking or hold ups - Poll

Trad stockings or hold ups   122 members have voted

1. 1. Trad stockings or hold ups

• Stockings and suspenders
    • Hold ups

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

116 posts in this topic

Ignoring the chaps who prefer a lady bare legged lady (and theres a lot to be said for it I'll admit), do the rest of us prefer traditional stockings or hold ups. I know both have their charms but I'm coming round to Wolfords hold ups, both in opaque and sheer, in a big way. What do you think?

Love to hear from the ladies too who, I suspect, will have a view on this.

Ignoring the chaps who prefer a lady bare legged lady (and theres a lot to be said for it I'll admit), do the rest of us prefer traditional stockings or hold ups. I know both have their charms but I'm coming round to Wolfords hold ups, both in opaque and sheer, in a big way. What do you think?

If i had to choose it would be red or black fishnets.

Yes but how would they stay up - by themselves, clinging tenaciously to the ladies glistening and lightly tanned thighs, or with some gravity defying device?;)

Yes but how would they stay up - by themselves, clinging tenaciously to the ladies glistening and lightly tanned thighs, or with some gravity defying device?;)

By themselves is just fine, then off for rumpy pumpy:D:)

Hold ups.

As nice as stockings are, they belong in a byegone age. Unless a woman wears them all the time (ie as part of her normal clothes) she won't usually have the patience or dexterity to put on the clips and get the lengths right etc. You'll get the odd woman under 50 that will wear stockings for the novelty - but not many. On the other hand, women of any age will wear hold ups and get used to them enough to wear them properly.

Stockings are akin to fountain pens. Some people think they look really cool, and make a statement about being classy or sophisticated. Whether thats true or not, there's no doubt that they are much less convenient and time consuming than modern pens (holdups/tights).

Hold ups.

As nice as stockings are, they belong in a byegone age. Unless a woman wears them all the time (ie as part of her normal clothes) she won't usually have the patience or dexterity to put on the clips and get the lengths right etc. You'll get the odd woman under 50 that will wear stockings for the novelty - but not many. On the other hand, women of any age will wear hold ups and get used to them enough to wear them properly.

Stockings are akin to fountain pens. Some people think they look really cool, and make a statement about being classy or sophisticated. Whether thats true or not, there's no doubt that they are much less convenient and time consuming than modern pens (holdups/tights).

yeah well, the Japanese have had typewriters for a century, and computers for decades, but they still use calligraphy:

Calligraphy (shodo: "the way of writing") is the art of writing beautifully. Most children learn calligraphy in elementary school. It is a popular hobby among adults, too.

A calligraphy set consists of:

Shitajiki: Black, soft mat. It provides a comfortable, soft surface.

Bunchin: Metal stick to weight down the paper during writing.

Hanshi: Special, thin calligraphy paper.

Fude: Brush. There is a larger brush for writing the main characters and a smaller one for writing the artist's name. The small brush, however, can be used for the characters, too.

Suzuri: Heavy black container for the ink.

Sumi: Solid black material that must be rubbed in water in the suzuri to produce the black ink which is then used for writing. Of course, "instant ink" in bottles is also available.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2095.html

I can't vote for my preference (which is hold-up's with suspenders) - I know it completely doesn't make sense. But hey ho.

My weakness is spending a small fortune on hold-up's. In particular "Trasparenze" (I'm not so hot on the Spring collection though - nothing to get too excited about at all). Their stuff is just stunning though and I adore the quality. Worth every penny. Even if the guys do not notice or care - it makes me feel so much sexier, so matters to me ;)

I bet that majority of the votes for hold ups will be from the girls (apart from Nina, if she will vote, it will be for stockings and suspenders) ;).

Rlw: there are dosen or so threads regarding this subject in the past and some runs for many pages. I don't think it was a poll about this one yet though. :).

My predictions: it will be something like 44% for s&s, and 56% for hold ups at the end.

Sorry to be repetitive - I did have a quick look at older postings but this computer is sooooooooooooo prone to fall over when waiting that I gave up.

I'm sure that most of the girls will prefer hold ups - much more convenient and, possibly, cheaper to buy if you don't go mad.

As to the poll, just doing a bit of market research for all you lovely ladies:)

I can't vote for my preference (which is hold-up's with suspenders) - I know it completely doesn't make sense. But hey ho.

Most of the girls I know using hold ups, but attaching it to suspender belt. (if client particularly asked for stockings and suspenders).

The reason for it: because hold ups a generaly more widely available then "non hold ups" in shops and no need to buy them online, they are more varied and better quality, and they not twist around the thigh and leg (absolutely nightmare if they seemed especially).

It is more difficult to clip them on though. ;)

As already been said: stockings and suspenders is anachronism and rightly so! :)

I'm sure that most of the girls will prefer hold ups - much more convenient and, possibly, cheaper to buy if you don't go mad.

As to the poll, just doing a bit of market research for all you lovely ladies:)

Unless you buy M&S hold-up's in bulk, I can't see them being cheaper? They're mostly priced the same (unless you're talking about silk stockings).

:)

So true - I wish they would invent a hold-up with a small circle each side left 'un-rubbered' where you could attach the suspender if you wanted.

The main reason for hold-ups is simply that if you put your knickers on under your sussies, you have to take off the whole she-bang when things start getting steamy!

The only other option is knickers over the top which frankly just looks odd :)

I prefer hold ups as I always get myself in a tiz with stocks and suspenders ;)

So true - I wish they would invent a hold-up with a small circle each side left 'un-rubbered' where you could attach the suspender if you wanted.

The main reason for hold-ups is simply that if you put your knickers on under your sussies, you have to take off the whole she-bang when things start getting steamy!

The only other option is knickers over the top which frankly just looks odd ;)

I've posted kind of the "solution" to this one, on this thread:

http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14697

The best solution, (I've done it myself on all nix from the matching sussies/bra/knickers sets) is to cut nickers on the side, put a small diamante buttons on one side and make a loop from other side, and that way you can undo you nix which are under suspender belt in a flash. :)

Most of the girls I know using hold ups, but attaching it to suspender belt. (if client particularly asked for stockings and suspenders).

The reason for it: because hold ups a generaly more widely available then "non hold ups" in shops and no need to buy them online, they are more varied and better quality, and they not twist around the thigh and leg (absolutely nightmare if they seemed especially).

As already been said: stockings and suspenders is anachronism and rightly so! :)

Agree --- for messing around with all those clips on S and Ss is a pain -- the moment can be gone !:) I'D predict 60/40 or more in favour of the hold ups.

Maybe this should have been an open poll (names) so that the ladies can take notes!

Maybe this should have been an open poll (names) so that the ladies can take notes!

But why the ladies need to take notes? ;)

Ok, I will do another poll.

:rofl: ////////////

is this a disguised cry for help?

is this a disguised cry for help?

No, just that it's Monday////////////

No, just that it's Monday////////////

a cry for help then.

a cry for help then.

Exit busen:p

With backseams and lacy tops mmmmmm yea baby!! Love them so much I often take a pair along to a punt with me (maybe pick them up from Anne Summers in the centre MK on the way) and give them to the girl to put on.;)

I find that most of the girls like hold-ups due to the convenience of putting them on. Personally I prefer them to wear sussies. I like the way the straps follow the contour over her ass and attach to the stocking top. Black is killer.

The solution for the removal problem is open crotch knickers. Not worn by enough girls.

Either do the business for me, though fully fashioned are always a treat although I never ask as I am aware that they're not cheap and convenient to get hold of.