John1888

Glasgow Hotels

16 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Looking for recommendations for mid price rooms in Glasgow where you can get a lady visitor up to and out ofyour room without any issues and perhaps any hotels where you obviously won`t be able to ?

I suppose the bigger hotels with a lot going on at the reception are the answer

Thanks

The Thistle is good, as is the SAS Raddison although the latter is more pricey.

Jury's Inn is also good, reception is always busy. :D

Many Premier Travel Inns have the keycard lift nonsense, but if I'm not mistaken, the Charing Cross one doesn't. Some of the Holiday Inns have the same problem, but I think the one on Stockport St is the exception. The Thistle Hotel requires a keycard to access the corridors but not the lift, so you can meet the girl discreetly. That said, before 11pm very few places are going to notice even if you do have to meet the girl outside.

wow what a quick response need to visit this site more often

The Holiday Inn is fine, but the (attached) Holiday Inn Express requires keycards for lift/stair access. Avoid the Hilton. The Premier Inn/Travel Lodge place near George Square also requires a keycard.

The City Inn is nice. :D Also second other suggestions.

Agree with the City Inn. Lifts are situated next to main door before reception area and stairs can be accessesd from main door. Very discreet. Nice rooms to. Good bar.

Agree that City Inn (Finnieston Quay by the river) is good, but it may be a bit more pricey than the mid range the OP asked for. Worth checking though. Nice wide beds, very clean, and you get a free computer (iMac) in your room, so you can email the lady beforehand.

I've seen two ladies there, and it's very discreet because the lift is right by the entrance (if you come in the side away from the river).

Crowne Plaza is probably OK too, as the reception area is very busy, full of people.

Crowne Plaza is lovely, but I suspect it's dearer than the City Inn. :(

The Malmaison is beautiful, but it's a bit of a maze to find anything, so not ideal.

The Holiday Inn is fine, but the (attached) Holiday Inn Express requires keycards for lift/stair access. Avoid the Hilton. The Premier Inn/Travel Lodge place near George Square also requires a keycard.

The City Inn is nice. :D Also second other suggestions.

Why avoid the hilton? I have used that place before without any problems.

The Thistle is good, as is the SAS Raddison although the latter is more pricey.

Jury's Inn is also good, reception is always busy. :)

Do you mean the one on Argyle Street across from Wetherspoons ? I've never met a WG there, and its undoubtedly a lovely hotel, but I found the reception staff are overly attentive (in a good way unless, of course, you're meeting a WG) :o

Do you mean the one on Argyle Street across from Wetherspoons ? I've never met a WG there, and its undoubtedly a lovely hotel, but I found the reception staff are overly attentive (in a good way unless, of course, you're meeting a WG) :o

Lots WGs work from there lol.

Yes, that's the one, I've used it many times with no trouble. It's busy at night with people buzzing about which is what you want.

They had some nosy management about a year ago, but that seems to have changed for the better. That said the location is pretty indiscreet because it's not near anything.

As Darla said, there were a couple of incidents with ladies being stopped by dodgy sounding security in the Hilton, though not recently. I've been there since without incident but remain biased against the place. :o