Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elrond

Only 37% of UK sexworkers are migrants

9 posts in this topic

I found this report from Tampep on HIV and other things. Int it it says that although London has a high proportion of migrant workers, the UK as a whole has only 37%. The UK though has a greater diversity of migrants.

http://www.tampep.com/documents/European%20Overview%20of%20HIV%20and%20Sex%20Work.pdf

I found the reference through an excellent blog by Stephen Patterson

http://stephenpaterson.wordpress.com/

In his blog he suggests telling your MP about this little mis representation

How many of these migrants are lawfullyhere as Poles and other european immigrants?

It is the illegally trafficked ones that are the concern.

Interesting this... It says in Sweden condoms were used as evidence do they DNA test the sperm and prove who the punters are that way?

Once you have been arrested in a parlour they could do DNA tests to see which condoms were yours. They could even go through the rubbish bins and DNA all the samples.

You miss the point.

Some in the British Government would have us believe that the majority of prostitutes are from abroad. This figure, (to which Teela put her name to) gives evidence yet more evidence that the Government ministers are lying.

You miss the point.

Some in the British Government would have us believe that the majority of prostitutes are from abroad. This figure, (to which Teela put her name to) gives evidence yet more evidence that the Government ministers are lying.

Maybe I have missed the point also. I only had a very quick skim of the link (but hope to look at in greater details)

However, Elrond tell me what you think??

Is there now a new shift (or perhaps its underway) to 'blame' the rise

of HIV on migrant sex-workers as opposed to the indigenes of the country, mores and sexual practices, and if this is so, how does this fit into the debate/law of 'sexual trafficking'??

Just a thought (could be misguided too)

Maybe I have missed the point also. I only had a very quick skim of the link (but hope to look at in greater details)

However, Elrond tell me what you think??

Is there now a new shift (or perhaps its underway) to 'blame' the rise

of HIV on migrant sex-workers as opposed to the indigenes of the country, mores and sexual practices, and if this is so, how does this fit into the debate/law of 'sexual trafficking'??

Just a thought (could be misguided too)

The article was on HIV, the one point I wanted to make from the paper was the 37% figure for migrant workers is lower than other European countries and does not approach the figure which the Government fem Nazis would have us believe.

The article was on HIV, the one point I wanted to make from the paper was the 37% figure for migrant workers is lower than other European countries and does not approach the figure which the Government fem Nazis would have us believe.

Thanks for the response!

I am not still not sure why I am so intrigued by the issue of migrant workers and the issue of HIVs?? Probably because I am reminded by the thread that people in Poland blamed us British for a rise of STDs in their country (when their inhabitants migrated here)

:rolleyes::confused:

Once you have been arrested in a parlour they could do DNA tests to see which condoms were yours. They could even go through the rubbish bins and DNA all the samples.

Do you HONESTLY think the police have got the resources to search through brothel rubbish bins for the crime of shagging a hooker. :rolleyes::confused:

That reminds me of some story I heard from a sex worker, or was it on here, where the client demanded to take his used condom away with him.