coin

Very last weekend......

16 posts in this topic

Today and tomorrow the last weekend before the witch hunt begins on Thursday, it will be interesting to see whether anyone has been prosecuted by this time next week and how brisk or not business will be at the many Massage Parlours around the country. I expect all the bells and whistles on Thursday from Nanny Labour; extreme feminist Mad Hattie, Harman is bound to be grinning like a Cheshire Cat as she stands up and vidictively lays into men for having a sex drive. I hope she is proud of herself when there are many family break-up's accross the land with the misery it brings to the children of those families.

On a legal note, neutered by the Strict Liability tag, is that the police will have to have prior knowlege that a postitute is coerced, forced or subjected to threats before arresting a punter who visits, this already known WHY don't the police sort out the situation?, there is no need for this law, it is putting the "cart before the horse" a cynical and vindictive piece of legislation.

Coin they aren't bothered to put it bluntly. I know for a fact this law is not intended to find the traffickers/pimps/forcers etc.

I also very much doubt the police are going to be stationed outside every premises in the country, waiting to pounce on Punters. The other issue is how do you identify a 'Punter'?I have male visitors who come here legitimately. The gas man, handyman, decorator, the odd Jehovah's witness and I'm sure most other WGs do too. Are they going to question any male who walks near a WGs premises?

I would also imagine that just because it becomes law it doesn't necessarily follow there will be a clamp down on that day/week. There will be places they already have intelligence on that might get raided. Apart from that I can hardly see the entired police force is going to be on 'brothel' watch. Well if they are it'll be a hayday for other crimes. There are also other offences dealt with in the new law and am sure the police will also be busy looking at those too. That's once they've got down their list of ongoing cases!Not going to look good if on 1st they drop all over investigations for example Ethel's burglary, or the local attempted murder just to see if they can catch a few punters. The police are generally very busy and often have a back-log to work through.

There are lots of things that are against the law. Handling stolen good, selling counterfeit goods, selling copied CDs, dealing drugs etc. I'm sure you know of market stalls where 'branded' clothing is obviously not quite real, of friends who copy CDs for a small profit and the chap down the pub who can get you a sat nav on the cheap. Quite often drug dealers are 'known' quite too, even to those who aren't interested in illegal substances. It wouldn't take much for the police to round up all these criminals. Do they?Generally no as they don't have the resources or the interest.

There will probably be some token arrests at some point but would guess the law could simply be used to sweep up clients who happen to be involved in a raid. Then again I could also imagine the threat of criminalisation would be a useful tool, used as leverage to persuade a 'witness' to give evidence in court against the 'forcers'.

Ruth - good post.

Coin - you said in February that you hadn't punted for 3 years. Why then do you get so worked up about 1st April ? If you're that worried why not get a flight to your villa in the Dominican Republic? As far as I am aware the UK hasn't signed an Extradition Treaty with the DR. You should be safe from the stazi police over there. We can PM you when the new Act has been forgotten about and it's safe to come back...... ie on 2 April.

Oh and some further - it usually takes a while for charges to be brought before a court often taking weeks or months to make it to a hearing, especially if CPS need time to gather their evidence/make a case etc. So I doubt there will be any convictions by this time next week.

Thanks, I'm not trivialising the matter it's just in the grand scheme of things it isn't quite what you think.

... especially if CPS need time to gather their evidence/make a case etc.

Any one been bothered to find out whether CPS have yet produced their guidance on the prosecution of these cases?

BTW: When Mr Dromey's hand wanders across the centre line of the bed, towards his missus, what sort of welcome does it get (or has he long since sorted out an attractive "research assistant" on the Union's pay roll to satisfy his bestial appetites)?

The other thought I've had is that Coin's response is EXACTLY what HH and her brigade want to be the result of this new legislation.

The other thought I've had is that Coin's response is EXACTLY what HH and her brigade want to be the result of this new legislation.

Precisely ! Its aimed at putting off those of a nervous disposition. Realistically, I don't believe it will have any impact on the serious punter.

Cops only raid premises if there are other reasons to do so, i.e.

1. Complaints from neighbours.

2. Suspicion of other criminal activities, e.g. drug dealing / trafficking.

3. Political pressure from local Councillors

and a few other reasons. I don't think they'll raid premises purely on spec. All that said, if they do raid, I think they will use the new law if it fits :D

Any one been bothered to find out whether CPS have yet produced their guidance on the prosecution of these cases?

Nothing that I can see - cps.gov.uk > Legal Guidance > Prostitution and Exploitation of Prostitution > Last updated 15 January 2010.

I have seen a posting elsewhere asking clients to be discrete.......yes it's our business but now there are laws targetted at 'punters' and it really does start to feed back to you.

Discretion means not making it obvious when visiting a WG, things like arriving early and reading the paper in your car outside a flat is not good. Buzzing other door bells, getting the house number wrong, turning up unannounced, running up to front door clutching cash, shouting out a WG's name as she opens the door. Even wiping feet for ages in the door way. More and more developments have residents commitees and they watch out for things. I don't have to worry about the latter and in future am avoiding such premises - so no 'luxury' apartments for me.

Ok the latter two are politeness but neighbours are generally OK, as long as you don't shove the fact you have another male visitor in their faces.

Sweeping up mud is easier than explaining to said neighbour why you see a lot of men!

Most guys are fine and being an indie in a discrete location I'm fairly safe. I am however considering having a large 'number' plate outside my house plus moving the door mat to the lounge.

Anyone who has been in my door way I'm ok, it's just a thought I've had to improve discretion for all. You are just trying to be polite.

Do they have to update it by a certain date otherwise it can't be used in Criminal Court?

Do they have to update it by a certain date otherwise it can't be used in Criminal Court?

As Silverado says, it is just for their guidance, but I very much doubt that any over-worked CP in an office in, say, Carlisle, or Lancaster, is going to do anything atall (or advise his chums in the Polis to do anything) about "the new law" until he knows how HQ sees it. Not "career enhancing" to run over the Branch's budget with long defended cases, which then go to appeal if they get a conviction at first instance!

As Silverado says, it is just for their guidance, but I very much doubt that any over-worked CP in an office in, say, Carlisle, or Lancaster, is going to do anything atall (or advise his chums in the Polis to do anything) about "the new law" until he knows how HQ sees it. Not "career enhancing" to run over the Branch's budget with long defended cases, which then go to appeal if they get a conviction at first instance!

Quite so. Wont raid the brothel today. Don't want to bump into the Chief Constable!

I have a feeling that there will be areas in which there is some early activity ferom the police.

Those forces that have traditionally been heavy on opposing parlours and identifying "flats" as brothels will I think be knocking on a few doors, especially if there is are some juicy "proceeds of crime" as a possibility.

Some of the more righteous Chief Constables may stir things up as well, especially if the press is wiling to go along on a raid.

I doubt I'll visit an agency flat in Northumbria police area until we get a feel for what is going on.

Some of the more righteous Chief Constables may stir things up as well, especially if the press is wiling to go along on a raid.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, bordering on the very unlikely I would think.