Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gog

Closing a whole industry due to illegalities

3 posts in this topic

Trafficking is already illegal. Supporters of the proposed legislation argue that paying for sex should be made illegal and the commercial sex industry should cease to exist due to trafficking. Using this argument I could justify closing down other businesses. It could be argued that all off licences should close down because some off licences sell alcohol to under age children, all restaurants should close down because some restaurants break hygiene regulations and all hotels should close because some break fire regulations. I could give endless other examples.

The phrase "preaching to the converted" springs to mind!

Using this argument I could justify closing down other businesses. It could be argued that all off licences should close down because some off licences sell alcohol to under age children, all restaurants should close down because some restaurants break hygiene regulations and all hotels should close because some break fire regulations. I could give endless other examples.

I can give a few examples as well, how about making knives illegal ause of knife crime? Ban all video games cause a minority of video games are really viloent and the minority of people who play them act them out? Ban horror films cause a minority of people copy off them? Make all types of drugs (including the ones that saves people's lives) illegal cause some people are addicts?

This one I can think of is probably the best one of all, ban all religions cause some religious people force their beliefs onto others or ban religions cause some followers want to control everyone else and make everything non what ever religion they are with illegal and non-beleivers should either be jailed or executed and have sheer hatred for people who are different?

Considering that the government is anti-sex and is listening to the religious anti-sex morons either in government or in other places shows that they are more loyal to the religious fundermentalists then to other people.