Strawberry

Serial conman

8 posts in this topic

There is a guy who is conning ladies into overnights and longer bookings. He is well spoken and will often try pretending he's offering a lovely stay in 'his' apartment.

He tried booking me and I smelled a rat. Through asking around other forums I found he has ripped a lot of other ladies off so told him it would be cash up front. Guess what?He told me no cash up front as he had been ripped off by a lady who then withheld sex/services.

He always books for 1 - 4 days, often at his "penthouse" which turns out to be a standard B&B. Always out of area. He usually says he has trouble getting money out from his investments (ISA).

Name is geoff/Ian/Ward says he is known by the former as they are his middle names!!!

Current number 07871 942**6

Reported on other forums and one lady says she did get cash up front but he stole it from her when she wasn't looking.

He has booked ladies all over the north usually to visit him in the Derbyshire or Sheffield area. Seems to contact those who have to travel someway to meet.

tried to get me to go to the Maynard arms a few years back I also smelt a rat so he said he was insulted my my lack of trust when I refused his booking annax

On phone yesterday for Sheffield now Clive I had his number saved Annaxxx

i recently went to this particular client believing he was genuine and as the recent posts say he is a conman, i arrived and he used an excuse that he would go to the bank with myself the next morning as it was late when i arrived and i had travelled to visit him, in the morning he made excuses about isa transfer problems and offered me to return for another night and that the funds would be clear the next day. the next day i went to the shop for milk and he txt to say he had been called to work and would transfer funds to my acc, when i returned he had vanished................ please be very aware of this man he is a well spoken elderly man, short and stout with blue eyes and glasses, he claims to be lawyer, i noticed in recent posts it was the sheffield area, it was the chesterfield area not far from sheffield this time, and he went by the name geoff ward, and is very convincing indeed, pls remember that if you travel afar and you think you smell a rat then this could be him, he also mentioned he had houses in gosford and skegness, the number stated in earlier posts is the same number hes using now so pls make note of it.girls plz watch your selfs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've met this guy in Chesterfield about 2 years ago and he pulled the same stunt - unable to withdraw money from Isa.

I'm actually quite sure I copied his name and address from his driving licence. I will try to dig it out today. He seriously needs to be stopped.

Would anybody be prepared to report him to the police? He's guilty of Theft after all (obtaining services by deception).

Will update shortly x

I couldn't find his details. What a shame. If I do, I'll let you know x