Guest Tonyofstoney

European Sex Toy Regulations

10 posts in this topic

I've just seen a worrying report on a satellite TV channel. Apparently a Hungarian MEP by the name of Pal Folori is introducing a bill to the European Parliament to regulate the production and sale of 'implements of sensual pleasure'. It could well get into law as it's supported by the EU's Recreation Commissioner, Jacek Procital, and the influential left-bloc leader Aaxo Tish.

The provisions of the bill include standardised sizes for vibrators (Petit, Moyenne, Grand and Depardieu), and regulations on the precise speed and range of movement. In addition, items such as French Ticklers and Dutch Caps will not be permitted to be sold unless they can be proved to have been made in the country whose name they bear, and sourced from natural products originating in the same country. Northern Spain is anticipating a huge economic boost from its monopoly on the manufacture of basques.

Under Mr Folori's proposal the size of condoms available within national boundaries would also be strictly regulated, to conform with 'standard national chacteristics', as determined by wide-ranging research. Therefore, it will become increasingly difficult to buy a prophylactic larger than 15.2 centimetres (6 inches) in Britain, 25.4 cm (10 inches) in the Netherlands, or 5.7 cm (2.25 inches) in Germany.

This is clearly yet another example of Brussels bureaucrats sticking their noses in where they don't belong, and we need to mount a fierce opposition to it before it all goes too far. :):)

*Forwards link to this thread to UKIP* :)

*Forwards link to this thread to UKIP* :)

After carefully noting the date and the name "Pal Folori"

After carefully noting the date and the name "Pal Folori"

Don't spoil it, it may still be in time for the late edition of the Sun :)

I'm sure I also saw something about dildos and vibrators requiring to have the same standard curvature, modelled on a banana.

Well, I think its about time such regulation was brought in. Standardisation and compatibility is the way forward. Clearly others have different views, so maybe we need a poll ? Hmm, maybe not :) :)

Well, I think its about time such regulation was brought in. Standardisation and compatibility is the way forward. Clearly others have different views, so maybe we need a poll ? Hmm, maybe not :):o

Well, the EU have managed to get the major mobile phone producers to standardise their chargers, so you never know:

http://arstechnica.com/telecom/news/2009/06/10-companies-agree-to-standardized-mobile-phone-charger-in-eu.ars

:)

B

I've just seen a worrying report on a satellite TV channel. Apparently a Hungarian MEP by the name of Pal Folori is introducing a bill to the European Parliament to regulate the production and sale of 'implements of sensual pleasure'.

You posted this one just 58 minutes early.

You posted this one just 58 minutes early.

Not by my clock Don - 2 minutes past midnight, 1st April. Sure you turned your own clock forward last weekend? :confused:

Tony you are very naughty :confused: