jackjones

Puzzling profiles on the other site

10 posts in this topic

There have recently been a number of fairly similar profiles cropping up on the other site. The puzzling features + similarities are as follows:

1. girls very young
  2. often offer bareback
  3. advise initial contact should be by phone, no number given
  4. where they are aware that no number is given, they invite emails "swapping" numbers
  5. reference to being swamped by emails, but only just registered
  6. very explicit photos
  7. very cheap

As an example see Casey in Croydon. The profiles usually disappear very quickly. Anyone know what's going on?

Jack

I have pondered this as well. I have come to the conclusion that it is more 'copycat' than conspiracy.

I am sure @W provides a good laugh for lots of young people who decide to put up a profile to see what happens and what sort of replies they receive. Obviously anyone who sends their number needs their head examining.

In fact I find the multitude of 'one day wonders' more of a pain than the blatant scammers/photo merchants.

mebbe people put up friends profiles for a laugh, or as a form of bullying.

mebbe people put up friends profiles for a laugh, or as a form of bullying.

It would be so easy to do wouldn't it? A rejected BF or GF to get their own back on a cheating/abusive partner and all for free!

That why I don't mind paying for pnet, it shows I'm genuine.

Many wicked people in this world that think the best laughter is at someone elses expense :D

They are known as "Gallery Scams" People set them up (often with Images farmed off the internet) with a view to get people to purchase the Private Gallery pictures. Thus giving them money for doing nothing.

The Site realises they are fake profiles and deletes them, in the process they do not refund the people that have paid to view the gallery and as such site pockets the money.

As such the site has no real desirte to clamp down on the Scammers as it is profitable for the site.

I've been noticing these for about a year now. I think that there is someone (maybe more than one person) who acquires photographs of young ladies (around 18-19) then lists then for cheap rates (to attract our interest), but actually the listing is fake. However, the person earns money through people who are tempted to look at the private gallery pictures, which obviously costs money to the frustrated punter.

I notice the ladies are often listed in implausible locations such as the City of London (i.e. the Square Mile).

I keep tabs on the profiles that sign-up and very few ever get legitimate feedback. Many have feedback from similar 'seeker' profiles so it's a large scam.

I've also seen one girl I know appear on the website and I know she would not be advertising herself. I've seen her in the nude now but I'll never be able to tell her!

Jeez i've seen loads of threads on here since i joined all hating on *W..... yes there are scammers but there's scammers everywhere. There are agencies all over the country who steal ladies pictures and claim them as their own yet *w gets all the stick. From an independent wg point of view its a great site as you can manage your own profile, pics etc rather than waiting in a long line for a web master to get it done. I have to say though their customer service is shocking, if you have a problem they have no interest in dealing with you personally, you just get box standard e-mails sent back with links to their help centre...... soooo frustrating.

If you see profiles and you know the pictures ae fake/stolen you should report it to them and then it will be taken down. the problem is people quite happily browse the site see fake profiles and do nothing about it. If I saw someboody on there and I knew she definetely didn't advertise there id be straight on the phone to her to let her know and an e-mail swiftly sent to *w to get the profile removed. Can't winge about something if you do nothing about it when you see it happening. It's usually alot easier than you think to spot the fake profiles anyway and there are plenty genuine ladies on there like myself.

Hugs Casey xx